Silver Creek Construction Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] Silver Creek Constructiongeneral contractor / home remodeling

Waited over 3 months sept 2017-jan 2018 for Josh Bolkema to put automatic gate openers on 2 drive-way gates, that he offered & agreed to install. Spent 2 afternoons going over installation process, he never did the work. He stated he purchased the gate openers but no work was ever done. Josh Operated using falsified business addresses and misled public to believe he was licensed when he was not. Used 2 seperate R1 residential business addresses when he was not legally authorized. Had employees working for, recruiting and advertising for his business when it was not legit. He may have charged customers disposal fees for job debri but possibly dumped on his property &/or used his residential trash can to dispose of it. Photos & surveillance video taken. Signed affidavit by Iowa Workforce Development Des Moines IA November 2018 stating Joshua Bolkema nor his company Silver Creek Construction were authorized nor licensed in the state of Iowa when signed.

RESOLVED

The owner of Silver creek construction has threatened a lawsuit if I dont remove, so please remove text and photo. Thank you.

• Updated by Classic Music Fan · Feb 08, 2020

Please remove review as part of a contract agreement. Please not date/time February 8, 2020 10:52PM

Silver Creek ConstructionDoesn't pay to their employees!

I was referred to Jim Fletcher by his cousin Scott Lane. A person I had met a few years ago. I started in June of 2007. The first several checks were on time. After that the checks were some times late by 2 or 3 days (not unheard of). Soon I began to get bounced checks. He would pay off the balance and fees, so it sounded good, but not the money owed to me. He did this about six times. He fell behind six weeks of pay. After this he said that the other crew was full and he would get me paid at the end of the month. I called repeatedly to get paid and he alway had a different story. After a month of calling I realized he had no plans to pay me at all. I have never been paid to this date.

Jim Fletcher and Scott Lane hire people out of the half way houses. These people most of the time have no ride to work, and sometimes have a record. This makes them easy targets to be stiffed there pay. I know five other people that they have done this to.

annabel marie Dec 09, 2007

These men that scammed these people have ruined this couples lives. They want to buy my house and they cannot get the proper finances to purchase my house!

• Ad
    Adam Robichaud Mar 07, 2008

He's done this to me as well. He bounced two checks, now I owe my bank nine hundred dollars, plus I'm out the money he owes me. I hope he gets whats coming to him

• Ro
    Rob Mickey Nov 05, 2013

Also happened to me back around 2000. I used to work with Adam at a point as well and went through the whole nonpayment thing from Jim. He will make promises and rarely deliver. Beware if you work for him in any capacity.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices