Nemasket Orphaned Animal Haven Complaints & Reviews

Nemasket Orphaned Animal HavenRude and unhelpful

Contacted this place because I was interested in adopting a brother/sister kitten pair and within 2 hours of my first voicemail left on their system, I got a call back and was told to submit an application online. After submitting the application and waiting, I emailed them. I got no response to that, so I then called and left a voicemail (which states you will receive a call within 24 hours). I received no response after about 72 hours of leaving the voicemail too. After trying to call them 2 more times and getting no one on the phone, I finally decided to send them an e-mail retracting my application for the kittens after I read all of the complaints on this website AND being ignored. Of course, I was not happy in that last email I sent them. Somehow, MAGICALLY it seems, after being ignored in all my other attempts to contact them, I received an email back stating that they had called and left me a voicemail needing my landlord's phone number since it go cut off the application. Naturally, I looked through all my phone calls and voicemails (even deleted ones stored on my iCloud) thinking I had accidentally missed it. Of course, there was absolutely nothing. I sent an email back stating they had not called and for them not to contact me again. So, I get the last email stating that they are "glad someone else has to deal with me". Very mature, and very professional I might add (notice the sarcasm).

Final point - I get that they are staffed by volunteers and staffing is short, but so are almost all other kill shelters. I received responses within 24 hours from 2 other places with kittens we were interested in that were also small and fully volunteered staff. There is just no excuse to be ignored for that long just trying to get a simple update. Then, when you finally get fed up and don't want to deal with them, you get a rude response within the hour.

All in all, beware of dealing with this place. If you are looking at possibly owning a kitten/cat, look elsewhere.

Respond

Nemasket Orphaned Animal HavenLinda

I called Linda last week with regarding re-homing my my two cats. After a day she called and found new home for them. I called the new adoptive parents and said as this is hard for us we need about a week to be sure we're doing the right thing. Our cats have been part of our family for 10 yrs!! I think that wasn't an unreasonable request. After much consideration and finding out one of our cats has diabetes we decided not to re-home. I sent Linda an message thanking her and explaining the situation and to my horror I got a string of emails from attacking me for wasting her time. Calling me crazy and psycho and saying she would warn the adoption world against me. This lady is freaking NUTS!!! Anyone DO NOT do any sort of business with her. RUN AWAY!!! All i can do now is hug my cats tightly and thank god I didnt release my animals to her. I fear for what could have happened.

1 Response
      • Sc
        scituategirl Aug 29, 2019

I was so excited when I saw my dream kitty on their site. I left a message and got a call back. It was Linda!! All I wanted to know is if this certain kitty was still available. I could not have been kinder to her. She told me to go to the fair and hung up! Rude [censored]. Horrible person. I will wait until the right kitty arrives in Scituate. So upsetting!!!

Nemasket Orphaned Animal Haven — Linda Brackett

I have nothing good to say about Linda Brackett or her "haven" for orphaned animals. It has been a year since...

Nemasket Orphaned Animal HavenRude

The person that runs this is rude and disruptive to society. They will talk down to you and if the treat a person looking to adopt a pet like that how do you think they treat their animals.

5 Responses
        • Jb
          jb217 Jun 14, 2012

None of what these people say in their complaints was true in my experience. Linda gave us copies of the full veterinary history of our kitten, explained which shots he had, that he had tested negative for feline leukemia, etc. etc. She was interested in having us follow up with her to let her know how the kitten was doing. She was very caring about us as potential owners, and of the animals in her care.

Do not take what these people are saying for granted. The house was very clean when I went to see her, and the cats were roaming freely, playing with each other and seemed happy. I would definitely adopt from Linda again.

• Ve
          veda and pip Jul 15, 2011

Linda Brackett is an angry woman whose personal issues get in the way of finding good homes for pets. If you displease her, and it's not hard to displease her, she will ban you from adopting.

• Ga
          Gas man Nov 08, 2009

***********************PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM NOAH!!!*************************
          Linda Brackett is an aweful person!!! She makes a killing (no pun intended) off of selling sick cats to people. When a kitten is first recieved by a shelter it is suppost to be quarentined for a few days to prevent any disease from spreading. Linda does not do this.

She has a shed/cat house in her back yard that she keeps these poor animals in and dozens become infected with Distemper. She then adopts these sick animals to people and collects her $150-200 fee and will never speak to you again. Her house on Meadowbrook lane in Raynham is in complete FILTH! Dozens of cats running loose!

There are several area vets who will not deal with Linda Brackett such as: Raynham Animal Hospital, Dighton Rehoboth Animal Hospital, Lakeville Vet Care, and Dr Lloyds in Stoughton just to name a few.
          Just Go to any one of the above mentioned vets and ask about Linda Brackett! Or next time you see someone from the Taunton animal shelter, ask them!!!

Linda is worse than a car salesman! she will tell you whatever you need to her so that she can make a buck!

• 12
          1226 Jun 14, 2009

I agree, I stopped in on a saturday with a stray cat not realizing that they dont take in animals at the plymouth location. I was made to feel like trying to help a cat was the wrong thing to do. I was told that they didn't have room. I explained that It was not my cat but had been around my house for a while and I was worried it may be sick. I was told they don't deal with sick cats and I SHOULD BRING THE CAT TO A VET. I explained that I could not afford a vet bill. I was then told " well I don't know what to tell you" I asked what I should do w/ the animal, just let him loose again to impregnate females ( he was not fixed), she again said " I dont know what to tell you" they were no help so thats what I did. I was so angry - I called to complane, I left a message. I did recieve a call the next day - explaining that they do not take sick cats in due to the chance of infecting another cat, and it would be the town animal control that would handle it. And they take in cats but are not a rescue. Thats fine - Why did they not tell me that when I was there? I was basicly told to let the cat go when I was in Pet Smart talking w/ NOAH. So unfortunetly thats what I had to do.

• Re
          rescue911 Apr 16, 2009

This person was looking to adopt a KITTEN for his 91 year old mother. We are not adverse to adopting to the elderly however we require that a plan be in place for the animal should the person not be able to care for the cat. His answer was the cat would go back to a shelter. Our goal is a long term placement for a cat and not have them being bounded around. With a plan in place we would adopt an older to cat to someone of this age.

He has been turned down by 5 other rescues that I know of.

We have the best interest of the animals in mind.

Nemasket Orphaned Animal Haven — angry , rude and uncooperative

After searching for several month for my missing cat I found a picture of a cat that I believe to be my cat...