ATIC Computers Complaints & Reviews

ATIC ComputersBad Business and Attitude

Hello Evon
... its me ! and you won't be able to tell who, because you do what you do to so many people. All I wanted was a duplicate receipt for software that you had sold me, and I couldn't use now. I had spent twenty minutes of your time and twenty 45 minutes of Michaels time almost buying a 1100$ computer system from ATIC. I found better, more current gear down the street, with store warranties and return/support policies for less so I had gone there. Upon finding these I was surprised that you'd peddled me what you did actually, but none the less I returned to your store to buy something as a thank you for your time. I regret buying 100$ worth of MS OS from you. To start, the last second You deftly slip in the caveat - the purchase was totally not refundable even if unopened. (Well, its a favour so I had gone forward). I had warned I might not be able to use it, but upon my call in request for a replace receipt, you told me there was no record of me, no way you could ethically print "Duplicate" on another receipt, that I must have paid cash since you could not find anything. Upon coming in to try such a reasonable thing in person, you and Michael had forgot who I am after over an hour of dialogue and purchase with me ! As IF a dup receipt could affect you Ever ! As If your worried about the ethics of tax. YOU DON"T KEEP RECORDS OF SALES WHEN CUSTOMERS PAY CASH DO YOU? Also You didn't know after all your years of experience that MSoft kindly accepts return by mail?...that I could get some customer service and my 100$ back? Well Evon ...I did find my receipt eventually (a lot more time since I was po'd)...and it was a Debit Card payment receipt ! And you did have a record, but you said you searched for by me name, tele # and date. Hmmm. Seems small KiloByte's my complaint ? Any future customers should know you would apply your BS attitude to larger orders by friendly people too, that my friends have complained that you have become a substandard choice for mainstay computer gear ... because of you Evon, I'm telling my other friends and the web.

ATIC ComputersDid not honour warranty

I bought a hard drive from ATIC. The invoice states "ATIC warrants the products free from physical/hardware defects, but does not warrant a product will be suitable for a particular use." but beware ... this promise is subject to conditions they can make up on the spot!

The hard drive didn't work out of the box, so I went back to the store. They would not exchange or return it, on the grounds that they couldn't verify the defect because they didn't have the necessary hardware (a computer with a Firewire port). I think this is abuse of a written agreement, and it seemed like they would rather come up with excuses than stand behind their business. Their loss. I wish I knew this sooner and I would never have stepped through the door in the first place.

Basically, consider all sales to be final, because once they have your money, you are on your own! Take it from me, spend the extra $10 and buy your electronics from a reputable dealer with decent customer service, who will not hassle you should you encounter and problems. ATIC computers is only interested in your wallet, not your satisfaction.

ATIC ComputersTerrible service/employee

I ordered A PC that was supposed to accommodate up to 12 Monitor Displays

I had talked over the phone with Ken Gallant (sales rep at ATIC) in regards to building a PC that would allow me to use up to 12 displays. I said that at present, I will purchase the system with only 1 video card that will allow 4 displays, but that I want the system to be set up so that I can add the additional videocards to support the aforementioned multiple displays. Ken said that was no problem and put together a system with 1 PNY Quadro NVS 420 video card and said that all I had to do in the future for more displays is to buy the 2nd card identical to the first, and the 3rd card the same but with a PCI slot. I picked up the System and at the same time I ordered an additional PNY Quadro NVS 420 card. Yesterday I went to pick up the extra card, and made sure to ask Ken himself if all I had to do was to install the card and everything would work right away. He said, yes, all you have to do is install the card and everything will work fine. After installing the second card and the appropriate drivers, I came across the issue that the second card was not working. (In the device manager, it would have a code12). I tried basic troubleshooting and internet research to fix the problem but nothing seemed to work. At this point I called ATIC and talked with Ken. I told him the issue, and he just bluntly told me to call PNY to solve the problem. I argued that this is a problem that should be fixed by ATIC because it was the stores, more specifically Ken's, responsibility to make sure that the system I purchased was working to the specifications that I requested. Ken responded very rudely and said its not his problem and that I need to call PNY and then HUNG UP ON ME. I couldn't believe how rude and unprofessional his behaviour was, I called back and spoke to him again asking him not to hang up but to resolve the issue. I told him that I specifically said this system was to work with multiple video cards to allow up to 12 displays and that he said it would work but it clearly doesn't. Therefore he should fix the problem and not send me to the video cards manufacturer. His response was even more rude than before. He told me that I can bring in the system but it wont be checked out until tomorrow and that I will be charged $60 an hour for it to be fixed. I again argued that I shouldn't have to pay repair costs for a system that I JUST purchased that did not work as was agreed upon. I paid for a system to work with 12 monitors, I received one that didn't. He almost yelling said "CALL PNY, IM NOT GOING TO HELP YOU" and again hung up the phone.

I called PNY, after hours of waiting before I could actually reach technical assistance, the conclusion was reached that this was not an issue with the Video cards but with the system it self. Thus, Ken's rude insistence that I call PNY resulted in nothing but wasted time, the only thing that came out of it was that I knew that it wasn't a PNY issue, but an issue with the system that ATIC put together and therefore should of been trying to fix in the first place. After hours of trial an error I finally solved the problem myself by updating the bios.

ATIC's response was to completely ignore a customer who has made MULTIPLE purchases from your store. Ken Gallant was the most disrespectful and rude employee I have ever had to deal with, hanging up on me twice and telling me its not his problem. When I pay over $1800 for a system, I expect that it will work as was agreed upon.

I will never make any purchases from ATIC again, and recommend that you either prevent Ken Gallant from dealing with any customers in the future, or fire him completely. His behaviour is completely inappropriate, especially when it was his responsibility to ensure that the system was working properly before handing it over to me.

• At
    ATIC Computers Jul 06, 2012

The original quotation as provided under quotation 141363 was set up for 8 monitors. You had contacted us and told us prior to placing the order that you only wanted to run a maximum of 4 monitors at that time. The system was set up appropriately to run 4 monitors at that time. After you picked up the system, you placed an order for the second video card, which, according to PNY, should have no problems being installed and allowing you to run 8 displays.

When you contacted us saying that you were having difficulties getting the second card to run properly, I instructed you to contact PNY technical support. We are unable to diagnose this sort of problem by telephone, whereas PNY deals with these sorts of issues on a daily basis, and so they would be able to quickly and accurately assist you. As the change was made to the system after purchase, and not by our technicians, this would not be a warranty issue if brought to us, and our labour rates for non-warranty issues is $60/hr, which is standard for the industry. As you argued that you shouldn't have to pay for servicing, despite the fact that the problem was caused by yourself, I again instructed you to simply contact PNY, and they will assist you.

You adamantly refused to contact PNY in regards to this issue, and started becoming hostile and offensive, so I told you I will no longer deal with this issue, after you continued being hostile and offensive, I disconnected the call.

As we can see, PNY instructed you that the issue was a requirement to update the BIOS, which would have been evidenced when we assembled the system with two cards in it, however you DID NOT purchase the system with two video cards, but only one. When the system was delivered to you, it was working 100% as sold. Any changes to the configuration after that which cause the system to stop working are NOT a warranty issue. If you are not capable of making upgrades to your system, we strongly suggest you do not attempt to do so, and pay a professional technician to do so.

• Dk
    DKM89 Jul 06, 2012

You either have issues with your memory or are flat out lying. Firstly, while the the system was to be built with 1 video card to support 4 displays to start, it was said from the very beginning that the system must be ready to support up to 12 monitor displays... NOT 8, NOT 4, BUT 12. To which i was told I would need to buy a 2nd PNY card to support 8 and a 3rd PNY Card but with a pci slot to support up to 12.

The system was not working 100% as was agreed upon. It was working with 1 card to support 4 displays, but I told you that the system was be ready to support up to 12 displays, which it did not. I was not hostile or offensive to you over the phone, but tried to explain this to you. Instead of trying to help me out, you tried to push me off onto PNY and have me deal with them, hanging up the phone 2x. You were rude and unprofessional to say the least.

You should also reread my original complaint. I had to wait hours before i got a response back from PNY (technician is supposed to call you back) and when I did, it lead to nothing. He just said that its a problem with the system and not the cards. I solved the issue on my own and through PNY. I shouldn't have had to spend hours trying to fix this issue as the system should have been ready to support more than 4 displays to begin with, as was specified in my order. Your arrogance is truly disgusting, I am capable of upgrading my own system and if you had done your job properly (assembled the system to be ready to support the 12 displays) the bios would have been updated to the newest version and there wouldn't have been a problem.

ATIC ComputersProcessed Credit Card Transaction Without My Knowledge

On April 22, 2009 I made several attempts to purchase online about $2, 000 of computer parts from this company. The system kept telling me that it could not process my order. I contacted ATIC and they said that they could not help me. I told them I would make another attempt and if not successful I would go elsewhere. I tried to process my credit card again and it give me the same failure message. So I took my business elsewhere and placed my order with no problems.

On May 8th, I receive an email from ATIC telling me they just shipped my order. I never received any notification of the order being processed either by email or by web site or by telephone. Just this one notice two weeks later. I told them I am not paying for something I didn't order...not even the return shipping charges. Their response was at the very best the would do a partial refund. Why would I want a partial refund on something I never ordered. Furthermore I asked them to provide me with a receipt and shipping information to which they have not provided to date.

Their response is to claim I need professional psychiatric help, that I am trying to defraud their company, that I am not to do business with their company again, that I am to sell the products at a small loss on ebay and that they will be contacting the police if I email them again asking for my money back. I'm not kidding!!! This is their customer sevice...but not surprising behaviour from a company that processed my credit card without my knowledge and refusing to take responsibility.

• At
    ATIC Computers Sep 21, 2011

To update this complaint, as this customer has not actually clearly stated the situation :
    On April 22nd, 2009, the customer attempted to purchase a Drobo Pro RAID Enclsoure and some drives. Because of some issue with his bank, our card processor could not complete the transaction. For pretty obvious security and privacy concerns, they would not communicate the exact nature of the cause of this issue. When the customer emailed us to complain that he could not complete the transaction, I politely informed him that unfortunately, we are not provided with details, and that he would need to contact his bank to get the issue resolved. He emailed me back saying he didn't want to contac this bank to resolve the issue, and said that he would attempt one more time later on to process the transaction, and that if it failed again, he would cancel the order. I told him that was perfectly fine.

On May 1st, 2009, we received a transaction receipt for the purchase. We receive literally hundreds of these receipts per month, and they come through an automated system, so no one had noticed that this was the same transaction that the customer had informed us he was having problems with. We ordered in the Drobo Pro, which took 1 week to come in, and then packaged the order up and shipped it. During our evening maintenance, we sent him an email notifying him that his order had shipped. This is how thousands of our orders are processed.

On the evening of May 8th, after business hours, he emailed us and told us he had "never ordered the product". I asked him how it is that he "never ordered the product", yet I have an order with his name on it, paid for with his credit card? He explained that he has no idea, and demanded that we not ship the order and immediately refund all his money. I informed him that the order had already been shipped, and that according to our last conversation before his order was shipped, he had clearly stated "I will attempt to process the transaction later on", and that if it failed, he would cancel the order. He did not contact us at any point prior to his order being shipped to request that we cancel the order. He responded by accusing us of "fraudulent business practices", claiming that we were just billing his card willy-nilly and shipping things he had never ordered (despite the fact that he clearly *had* ordered it, and there was plenty of evidence proving it). I politely informed him that it may have been an error with the card processing, and asked that he contact his bank to get clarification as to what had happened. He refused, and instead stated that he would simply refuse the shipment. I told him that was fine, but that we could only refund him for the purchase, not for the freight, as he had never previously notified us that he wanted to cancel the order, and so we considered it no fault of our own that his order was shipped.

The customer proceeded to send multiple insulting profane emails as a response to this (a total of 13), insisting that he had *never* dealt with our store and that we must have somehow stolen his credit card number. I told him he should perhaps seek some professional psychiatric help because we had email evidence, order evidence, and IP evidence showing that clearly he *had* attempted to process an order, so his claims that he had never even dealt with our store were clearly completely fabricated in order for him to attempt to get out of paying the freight charge on the order (at 40KG and shipping across the country, the freight was a not-insignificant amount, though only a small fraction of the total purchase price).

Eventually, he took the matter to his credit-card company, where they reimbursed him for the total amount, and gave us a chargeback of the total amount less the disputed shipping cost. It turned out that the issue was with his card issuer, who had placed a 1-week hold on his card because he was attempting to make a large (over $2000) purchase in a city that was across the country from where he lived. Had he actually contacted his bank at any point like I had initially asked him to, they would have told him this and released the hold immediately. However, due to the fact that he stubbornly refused to do so, this scenario erupted. The end result, however, is that this customer has received a full refund on the product.