Ramsond CorporationBad product, bad service

K

We bought a 2 ton mini-split AC from Ramsond AC-world.com. For the first year we LOVED IT. And then not. Big time not.

The fan in the inside blower started making noise and it just gets worse.

Had to refill freon - that's fine.

Then it just stopped working well and it's hard to find folks to work on it (and we live in Houston - not a small city...).

The connections are not standard, so a couple of the guys that came out didn't have gauges that would work.

Then the fan motor died about a week out of warranty. Ramsond said they'd work with us on the replacement cost, but they never actually returned an email after the initial conversation. It would be better if they just said no, but they made us think they'd help and then they stopped talking after we purchased the part.

Now the unit is really touchy - stops working randomly during the day.

Spend a little more money, get a better unit. It's not worth it.

• Fg
    fgalea Nov 02, 2011

We purchased a split ductless AC system direct from Ramsond online. They do a good sell job, but, their support is the worst. The unit never worked properly, as only one unit worked (the 9Kbtu), the other was dead. (the 12Kbtu).
    This was about 3 years ago and all attempts to get a response from them failed. We are out thousands of dollars and uncomfortably disgusted.

• Kc
    kchandler Oct 16, 2011

Reading the above reply by Ramsond reinforces my poor opinion of the company.
    I Purchased and had installed (the merchants's son installed it)a Ramsond 18, 000 BTU mini-split A/C-Heatpump last year. Within 2 weeks the unit would not cool, so called the local dealer, he provided no support except to give me a phone # and say "call the company". I called and all they provided was technical advice of problems, that I was already aware of(I am a decent mechanic and can repair my A/C if I have the refrigerant). I finally called an A/C repairman who discovered the refrigerant lines were not tightened and the system bled down. He tightened the lines and refilled the unit which corrected the problem (cost was $175). Yesterday (temp outside was 105 degrees in central Texas) I discovered the plastic (okay, composite material) condenser fan (outside unit) had self destructed and threw fan blade parts in to the condenser coil resulting in damage to the cooling fins(not sure if the copper refrigerant lines were punctured). Also, the fan motor bracket was broken loose in 3 places, not sure what the root cause - fan shredded first or the motor bracket broke and let the fan hit the housing, and not sure if the fan motor is burned up (there is a lot of plastic from the fan deposited on the housing indicating a lot of spinning blade contact before it finally stopped. A call to the dealer again resulted in being given the phone number for the company. I called the company, but because it was 3pm on Friday, they will not be available until Tuesday.

In summary, a very poor unit and NO SUPPORT from the dealer or company.