Pertemba CA (Global) - Amazon Marketplaceretail item

I bought an item from Pertemba CA in Amazon.ca only because I didn't see any shipping charges.
While buying with a cc, I went through the pages that there was no shipping charge.
When I got the purchase confirmation email, I got the shipping charge.
Escalated to them,
Manager Tom Pitt replied, "I can assure you that the shipping charges were applied at the time of purchase as we are not able to apply additional charges of any kind to an order once confirmed. These charges would have been visible to you when completing the order.
As this order has now been dispatched we are unable to cancel the order."
I replied, "Why this shipping fee was not visible on the first page?" No reply yet. Just shameless, born crooks to make money either breaking a hell or a brothel to buy fresh, succulent flesh.
Be careful in buying any products from Pertemba on Amazon Marketplace.

• Updated by Kyle Milwood · Jul 17, 2018

You mean Mr. Bezos is the big sucking crook?

• Ca
    CaptainHindsight Oct 27, 2017

This is what is wrong with these types of comment boards, Amazon is the problem here and not the marketplace seller. Amazon consolidates sellers together in to single listings, if they are selling the same product. Just so you know, the shipping fees will ALWAYS be shown at checkout, you just need to read your final page review before confirming. As you might have multiple items in your basket coming from multiple sellers. This would mean multiple shipping fees.

• Pe
    Peter Ekkerman Nov 11, 2019

@CaptainHindsight @CaptainHindsight,
    Belated -post time 2019-11-11

"Amazon is the problem here and not the marketplace seller."(Pertemba)
    "...you just need to read your final page review before confirming."

Exactly. Walmart.ca lists the shipping fees with explanation why.
    Fees were very reasonable considering shipment was from UK to CA.

Pamie2020 Jul 05, 2020

@CaptainHindsight In my case I did and do check. The extra fee is not applied by Pertemba it's their handler, and has to paid to them via post office but not part of the shipping fee. It's crazy. Middle man in my case is Global assist.

Pamie2020 Jul 05, 2020

@Peter Ekkerman Walmart sells Pertemba, the extra fees I paid at point of delivery is not shipping charges it's a handling fee by Global assist. I contacted pertemba they just repeat we don't charge duty, yeah I realize that is built into the price, this $15. by Global assist is paid to them.

Pamie2020 Jul 05, 2020

@Peter Ekkerman My items were for resale, after paying Global assist handling fees for products bought from Pertemba, I loose money. $15. Is more than 10%

• Ka
    Kate_22J Oct 12, 2017

Too bad for Pertemba. Just be honest and put the shipping fee with the product price. What's wrong with this?

Pamie2020 Jul 05, 2020

@Kate_22J The extra fees I paid were from Global something, Post office said it's not a shipping fee it's not Pertemba in this case BUT I know they are aware, and they've simply say we don't charge extra fees. I say ok but its your product and you're the seller, $15. Per item is significant when I also do my due diligence price checking. It's very deceiving.

Anchors59 Oct 12, 2017

Pertemba CA is doing this to all on Amazon Marketplace, Amazon doesn't care, just expanding to have more crooks in her tummy. I buy more products on Amazon which display a shipping fee. I don't get carried away by Amazon Prime or no shipping fees because I know what will be the end result most of the time - falling at the hands of crooks. Honest businessmen put the shipping fees just below the product prices to avoid any confusion. Crooks do it in a crooked way Sad. Take it easy in the world of crooks.

• Bt
    B.T1. Jun 21, 2019

@Anchors59 who cares why do you expect your shipment to be free, you SHOULD be charged, and unless the charges are astronomical suck it up!

Pamela2020 Jan 09, 2020

@B.T1. This has happened to me as well, I don't remember the seller. I am very mindful to shipping fees, mostly because I compare shop, so taxes, shipping and exchange rate when applicable I calculate. So when this happened on my order which I saw only after the order was processed. The next day I was moving the confirmation email to it's folder (my system) I thought to myself "wait a minute " price seemed different, I went to my notebook and confirmed was higher. So I re-ordered as though first time and we are correct, the shipping fee did not appear until confirmation. I've been more vigilant checking for inconsistencies. My pet peeve is most items that show same day or next day change to two days 'after' order is completed, I let it go every time because I rarely need anything now, I will think about that on renewal day for Prime membership since I don't take advantage of all the benefits.

Pamie2020 Jul 05, 2020

@Pamela2020 Exactly my experience. I won't be renewing Prime. It's a gimmick. I as Prime member got early access to discounted items, I bought, just to find it was at same price later on, same for lightening deals. It's upsetting.