Ocean Palace - Houston, TXOcean Palace ruined our wedding reception!

On November 6, 2004, my bride and I had a wedding reception at the Ocean Palace on Bellaire. The event began at 7 pm. By 10:45, nearly everyone had left, except myself, the bride, and a couple family members. Our sound equipment was scheduled to be picked up at midnight. I called them and asked them to come early. They said they would. We asked the manager if we could wait inside with the equipment until the sound guy arrived. He said we could not, because they closed at 11. At promptly 11, he put me and the bride on the curb with the sound equipment. The weather was quite cold, and my new wife did not have a jacket. We waited outside in the cold for 45 minutes for the sound guy to arrive. Thank you, Ocean Palace, for ruining our wedding reception. We obviously do not recommend that anyone have their wedding reception here.

• Rh
    Rhonda Onuszko Mar 30, 2007

You should have known what time the reception hall closed and respected that. Why have equipment scheduled to be picked up at 12 when they closed an hour earlier? Should they have stayed an hour with no pay to wait for you?