Newport 100's BoxThe whole carton was stale, and some were smashed

S Review updated:

The carton was sort of smashed, but we figured the ciggarettes would be o.k. The packs were all stale!!! We didn't figure we had a choice but to smoke them anyway at $6.50 a pack! I have been a loyal Newport smoker for more than 25 years! This kind of product unreliability will make me consider changing brands. I assume that you will want the numbers on the packs, so here they are.265731(bar code) 9ld5n710 21:24
I would sicerely hope that you will replace this carton due to the fact that it was "sub standard" and I paid $65.00 for that substandard product. You can reach me by phone or even e-mail. Phone is quicker. Thank you for your time

• Bu
    Bunkysgirl Feb 19, 2016

I purchased a carton of Newport 100s, every single pack was stale. I live in new york, purchased the carton in new york, and when i looked at the tax stamp, its from Missouri, huh the people at the gas station sure are making a profit. I went back into the station the next day and the owner said to me "oh no you no buy them at this station ". I paid with cash, no receipt because I only get them at one station. Honestly, who saves a receipt for a carton of cigarettes.

Comments

• Re
    Reviewer10319 Nov 21, 2015

Brought 2 cartons and both was stale. Would not return paid $ 200 for them out of money and no cigs

• Je
    Jessica Younge Oct 23, 2015

So what can we do ?

• Fi
    fixamypc Dec 30, 2012

I agree, I have smoked Newport box 100's for 22 years, there is something very different about the cigarettes now. One thing I have noticed to distinguish the stale from fresh ones is, If the outer wrapper is smooth and there is trapped air in the whole package, they are fresh. If the outer wrapper is crispy sounding like a shopping bad being crumpled, they are stale. I have called Lorillard many times and complained, they said almost every-time "the code you gave us says they were made a month ago, and our cigarettes have a shelf life of one year" I asked them would they smoke a one year old cigarette so they can choke. I think the FSC has a little to do with it but I noticed around 1999/2000 they started tasteing different. Newports used to be very monthly, and strong, now they tastee like Marlboro red with a hint of menthol. I have not found any cigarettes that taste like Newports used to or I would really switch. I've tried Kools, Camels, Maverick, ryo, and Monarch, nothing tastee like a Newport though. Sometimes the stores get mad at me because when I ask for my cigarettes, I will push the package to see if it makes that crispy sound and if they do I will tell them they are stale and I don't want them. Most of the stores say, "we just got them, they can't be stale" I tell them "well I guess they sent you a whole shipment of stale cigarettes"...Come on, Lorillard, get it together you are making a killing (no pun intended) off your customers by us replacing pack after pack of stale cigarettes and I'm sure most are tired of it and will switch if they haven't already.

• Ne
    Newport420 Apr 26, 2019

@fixamypc Try Seneca the are the closest thing to me

• Go
    Governmentbastards Sep 11, 2010

I agree!!! Newport 100's and all other American cigarettes taste like [censor]. Our Government has bamboozled all of us. Obama has made it illegal to purchase on the internet. State legislators have called FSC cigarettes a way to save people from death by fire. BS!!! This is a smokescreen for something far more sinister. Things will only change if there is an outcry like that seen during Prohibition. These cigs are terrible tasting, more dangerous to smoke and your Government is lying to you. And I wouldn't doubt it if the pharmaceutical companies had their hands in this. Also the FDA (an organization that is suppose to protect you) is in on this "COVERUP". Do you notice how many anti-smoking commercials are on tv in the last year. & 7-11's don't have cigarette brand advertising in their windows anymore. WAKE UP!!! call your tobacco company directly and raise hell. Also, call and [censor] to your Governor and state legislators. These cigs are a big lab experiment.

• Ge
    Geeter Jun 30, 2010

Newport 100's taste totally different now. They changed the recipe and they taste disgusting. They even lied to me when I called and confronted Lorillard about this. "Nothing has changed", they said. Well, that is a load of BS. These cigs used to be the best thing out there. Now they are pure crap. In addition, they have lowered the nicotine in them which is another reason I smoked them. I enjoyed the nicotine rush. Well, that is gone now too. I will NOT smoke another Newport cigarette. Pure crap!!!

chyna22 May 25, 2010

The same thing happened to me . I also noticed that another recent box that i had no problem with said plainly cigarettes but the ones that were really stale said menthol newports 100's at the bottom i also noticed that the filters on the stale ones were lighter.