My Grant site.netgot charged $39.95 and I didn't ok it

L

I have paid for a CD and now got charged $39.95 to my card without authorization. How do I get my money back that these people stole from me?

• He
    hercz Jul 27, 2009

I signed up to pay $2.95 for a CD and got charged an additional $39.95.
    hercz

• Bh
    Bhupendra Singh Thakur Jun 25, 2009

I have Purchased a Domain from Registry web .

After registration Next day I have cancelled the Domain & Web Space both .I have cancellation receipt also stating that your amount will be refunded within a month .but it became 6month i have not received any amount .
    Amount has been deducted from Credit card account (7 month back ) and today also i am waiting .

• Ka
    Karol K Jun 15, 2009

I have been on the phone 4 times now with this company. I was billed on April 7th the 39.95 and i had never received the CD. When i called to cancel they gave me 3 confirmation numbers and explained that it was cancelled and that i would receive my refund in about 30 days. On the 7th of May i was again charged another 39.95 to my account that i was told was cancelled. I have was on the phone immediately and was very HOT about the whole thing. I talked to a supervisor that explained that the refund was incorrectly posted that she would get it posted for me asap. On the 14th of May just 7 days later i received my first of two installments... On the 29th of May again i had to call the company as i had not received any posting to my account... Today is the 15th of June and I again talked to another supervisor who told me that I would see the posting in July. I find it very hard to believe that something that was cancelled on the 7th of April would still today no be posted to my account. They are scam artists and do not want to give you back your money. The only thing i can say is DON'T GIVE UP... KEEP ON THEM AND MAKE SURE YOU WRITE DOWN YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBERS.
    Karol K

• Wv
    wvtwinmom May 27, 2009

Here is what you need to do to get your money back!!!
    First, do not play the CD/DVD.
    Second, call [protected]; you will reach a Customer Service Rep.
    Third, tell them you have a $39.95 and a $7.95 charge on your bank statement that YOUR BANK traced back to them.
    Fourth, tell them you did order a CD/DVD but that nowhere was there additional information leading to these charges; THEY WILL DISAGREE
    Fifth, keep your calm and tell them that YOUR BANK REVIEWED THEIR WEBSITE AND WELCOME E-MAIL AND SAW NOTHING TO REASON ADDITIONAL CHARGES TO THE ACCOUNT.
    Sixth, if they continue to disagree with you tell them that YOUR BANK is going to file a grievance against them.
    I did this and it changed their tune real quick. My bank did say it was a fraud so you should get your money back by threatening them. They said it would take a month to reimburse the charges. I hope this helps.

• Ri
    Ripped off May 13, 2009

I just went through the same thing. Check your credit card statements - if you were charged the $39.95 then you have charges from two other companies as well. One for 7.95 and another (I do not remember how much). One is a file storage site and one is my agenda or something like that.

I got my credit card credit from all 3 of them.

• To
    touch637 May 05, 2009

Yeah. The same exact thing just happened to me. I wish I would've researched a little more about this company before purchasing anything. I paid @$2.29 for shipping for a cd that I never got on April 20th. Then on April 29 I was charged $39.95. They are quick to do this so be sure you are constantly checking your bank statements. When I called to try and get my money back, the lady on the other line asked for my number and said that they would call me back. They never did. So today I called again, but I was much more stern about my refund and even said that if I wasn't refunded my $39.95 that they weren't authorized to charge, that they would be hearing from my lawyer (I have pre-paid legal and has come in handy). I also went on to tell her that their company was a scam and that I never got the cd. She went to tell me that it was an "online" service and that I had 7 days to cancel my membership. I told her that I had the page pulled up to where I got my "confirmation" number for the cd. There in bold letters it said "CD" not an online service. And the word membership was no where to be found. I was given a confirmation number of my "refund" after I kept mentioning the word "lawyer" So we will see in the next few days if they go through with the refund. The number I called was : 1.877.495.1145
    Jonalyn.

• Di
    * Dick One * Apr 23, 2009

I had a unauthorized charge on my credit card account of March 17 2009 of $39.95.

nora Apr 14, 2009

You people are idiots! When you signed up and put your card number in for the “free CD” you sign up for s free trial. If you do not cancel you will be billed! You agree to this by signing up! I am tired of you people claiming fraud and unauthorized this and that. Next time read the terms and conditions! If it was truly free they would not ask for your card number.

John Apr 11, 2009

they said they would refund 2 months of charges and they did and then they turned around and double charged in in April. These people need to be stopped. I am going to write the Federal Trade Commission.

John

• Le
    LeeAnn Spataro Apr 08, 2009

I need to know why my account was charged without authorization!!!

• Wa
    Walter Martin Apr 01, 2009

I also have had 39.95 taken out of my Bank account and I didn't authorize it and it happned and I cant find how to get my money back if any one knowes please let me know ay [email protected]
    Thanks Walter Martin

• De
    Deb dj Mar 18, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I just got charged $39.95 yesterday. I paid
    the $2.29 for the CD and so far I have not received it. I went to my bank today March 17th and they couldn't stop the payment or return it. I was told to get a new visa debit so if they do try again, the card will be canceled. The bank told me to call the phone number for a refund and get the name of the person I spoke with then the bank will follow up and give me back my money.
    After I left the bank I realized that if this company were to give me a refund, the card has been canceled so what is the point. I will be happy if they track down these crooks as I really can't afford losing 40.00. I am so mad. I learned my lesson...nothing is free or really cheap unless you get it on ebay.
    I was given an idea, when buying something online that you are not so sure of, go buy a visa gift card and use that. This way they don't have your account number. Hope everyone gets there money back including me.
    Good Luck...Deb

• Ke
    kevin Mar 17, 2009

i too was scammed by this company .
    i saw an add for a cd which showed how i could get grant money from the government for free !!! i should have known better . the add said th e product was free, just pay $2.29 for shipping and handling . never got the product !!!
    about a month later i was billed $39.95 to my credit card ?????
    aparrently upon purchasing the product, you agree to a monthly membership to a web site, WWWMYGRANTSITE.COM whench you purchase the product it say's nothing about your agreeing to these term's . i called the 866 number, they give you the run around, but i was persistent .i had to ask customer service to speak to his manager ! i got a confirmation # for refund, and was told my membership will be cancelled ! we'll see ... it just suck's getting scammed !
    kevin

Joel Dobles Mar 15, 2009

I was charged of 2.99 for the cd that I never recieved.
    Then a week after, my bank account was charged for 39.95 without my authorization.

• Pa
    Patrick Mar 13, 2009

I agreed to pay shipping charges of $2.99 for a cd to learn about grant money from a company called my grant site.net. i never received the cd, and furthermore my account was charged an additional $39.95 without my permission for what i don't know. I never agreed to pay $39.95 for anything.

• Ka
    Karen Mar 13, 2009

My mother-in-law went on this site and was scammed. She said she never new she would be charged the $39.95. She thougnt it was a one time charge of $1.14. She call the number to get it taken off/cancelled and was told she could not get a refund. She ask for a supervisor and finally talked to one. She was then told they would refund the $39.95. We will see.

• Sh
    Shelly Mar 12, 2009

I JUST called [protected] and got 4 confirmation numbers canceling everything they signed me up for! They also charged me $39.95 and it was supposed to be $2 something... bottom line is I was stupid enough to trust this scheme because I need the money and then this company goes and STEALS money from people who need it the most!!! Don't fall for their trap! I wish I could post this all over the internet so no one else would get manipulated by this dishonest company!

Marge Mar 12, 2009

I also got charged &2.29 for the FREE CD - got a call to confirm it & was "signed up" for a membership EVEN though I said (and spoke to an alleged supervisor) that I do not want the service and that I do not authorize any charges - yet 10 days later I was charged $39.95. I just spoke to a representative at [protected] and got THREE confirmation numbers - one for the refund, one for the cancellation and one for a monthly charge.

• Je
    Jeannette Mar 12, 2009

Count me in also. I am researching the internet for a number to call them or their website and I encountered your posting. I thought I was smart not to be taken in for something like this - I guess not. It was good when I treated everyone in the business as a scam artist so they could not take any money from me. Now I can say I have been taken in by some business that posted as legitimate. Update: I have just called this number: [protected]. They informed me that refund for $39.99 and $7.95 will be posted in 3-15 days. I inquired of their physical address and threaten to report them to the AG and the BBB of NY if the refund are not produced within the specified number of days: their address: 305 West Broadway #114 New York, NY 10013. They could not provide me a business license nor the bank name of where the refund will be coming from. This was after I was referred to supervisors! Will try to post back if and when I receive the refund. Please do the same and post what recourse of action you have taken agains this fraud company.

• Sc
    scott Mar 11, 2009

i have had same thing happen to me. I have not received my cd and was charged 39.95. there was no mention of charging me 40$

• Li
    Liz Mar 11, 2009

Another # to try is [protected]. I JUST called it about 10 minutes ago, was told about the other 2 charges the other poster mentioned and was assured all "subscriptions" would be cancelled and I'd receive a refund of the $39.95 (the other two weren't debited yet) in 7-14 business days.

Janet Mar 11, 2009

the phone number to contact is [protected] and you need to do it as soon as possible as they will also charge a $7.95 and a $9.95 monthly charge as well as the $39.95 monthly fee.

• So
    soeum Mar 11, 2009

this is a scheme. they charge me 39.95 without my approval. the customer service is rude then they had me on hold nearly 30 minutes. still haven't receive the c.d. these folks need to be sued so they wont do this to anybody else.

• Tl
    tlsc_solutions Mar 10, 2009

Good afternoon, the same thing happen to me I paid 2 dollars and some change and was suppose to receive a CD with some grant info on it and never got this CD, but I'll tell you what I got. I got 39.95 dollar stolen out of my bank account. This was not supposed to happen and someone needs to pay!!!
    Tyrone S.
    This was the number that I called to see if I could retrieve my money. I took a long time ten to 15 minute but someone pick up! They gave me a ref. # and said that it will be back in my account in five days! I don't know if that will happen but SOMEONE NEEDS TO PAY!!!
    For Support Questions Please Call: [protected].
    The customer service center is open 9AM to 9PM EST Monday through Friday.

Anna Mar 10, 2009

i need my money back i didnt let to charge 39$

• To
    Tom Mar 10, 2009

I got ripped off too. I signed up to pay $2.95 for a CD and got charged an additional $39.95. I called the number at their site to try to get my money back. They said they would credit me back. I haven't seen the money or my free CD. Now I've gotten calls from other "free grant sites" asking me for yet more money for additional forms. This is a major scam with a major investment in it. The jerk that set this up has the money to invest while its out of my pocket. These people should be sent to jail.

Tom P

• Pr
    prod39 Mar 10, 2009

This makes two valid complaints against this site !
    Jim B

• Xx
    xxw2yn3xx Mar 10, 2009

I tried to do the same as the other. I never reveiced the cd and my account was chared $39.95. In which caused my account to be over drawn. I want my money returned to me as soon as possible.

• Me
    Melissa Reff Mar 10, 2009

I just had the same thing happen to me only I didn't receive my information and was never told about being charged for additional anything. I just noticed a charge on my account for $39.95. I would love to know how to get my money back. The 800 number that was on my bank account does not ring through. It is silent and then hangs up. Please help

• Ha
    happygranny Mar 09, 2009

I too was charged for 39.95. I just called the [protected] customer service number and complained about being charged the 39.95. After i demanded the full refund after several attempts at finally getting rude with them I was finally able to get this amount refunded to me. For anyone who goes to this site YOU WILL BE SCAMMED, STAND YOUR GROUND, Call the number listed above immediatley.

• Al
    ali Mar 08, 2009

i have been charged 39 doolar for somthing i didnt order or even choose and i am cool guy but i swear if i have to follow them i will do its not because of money its the basics i dont like to be lied to or deceive anyway if i didnt get my money back its gonna be disaster if i travel to catch them even the cups wont regognize them and i would do it .

• Na
    nancy schraff Mar 08, 2009

This is nothing but a scam I want all my money back6a5d4

• Be
    Ben Mar 06, 2009

SCAM-----I called this number, it was the same number as on my $39.95 unauthorized charge for mygrantsite.net, there is a please wait message, music...indefinite music, then it stops with no one on the other end, a hang up.
    There was also an additional charge of $19.95 for ID Lock. This was also unauthorized. I called and was told by the the customer service person that I was charged because mygrantsit.net billed me and it was an automatic bonus. I canceled the account, avoiding the monthly charge. Then, I was informed that all cancellations have to be made in 10 days to credit me back my money. The charge was made yesterday, so she gave me an address in Florida to write to for my refund stating that this needed to be done to validate me and avoid someone impersonating me and using my credit cards.
    The only one using my credit card is mygrantsite.net. I believe that they reverse engineered my IP address and captured my personal info.
    These are sneaky thieves that are bilking thousands of dollars off our accounts. I those responsible in Crawford or Seminole, Florida are put away for LIFE.
    Ben

• Xx
    xxb0bxx Mar 04, 2009

I too was scammed by this .co ? So I used the 866 number above, a Chinese woman answered the phone hopefully this is all that's necessary to retrieve my $ 39.95 . We'll see in 3 to 5 days...
    Thank you for the information.
    Bob...

• Tr
    Trish Mar 02, 2009

I was told I could have a free trial period of 10 days for $2.99 and then if I stayed I would be billed 39.95 after that. However, they did not wait the 10 days. I made the order on January 22 for the $2.99, but on January 29, only 5 days later they charged me the $39.95. When I saw this on my bill I immediately called them, but they refused to give me back my money. They said I did not cancel before the 10 day period was up. I called them before the 10 day period was up, but too bad for me because they all ready charged my credit card. I would like to get my money back for 2 good reasons. One: I never even received the kit I was suppose to get in the mail and Two: I called before the 10 days was up and they refused to cancel or give me my money back. I hope you can help.

• Be
    bev Feb 27, 2009

you took out $39.95 from my checking account and overdrew my account now have a $35 fee due plus the $39.95 i want that back in my account now you ### scam artists

• Le
    Lee Feb 26, 2009

hey everybody here is the customer service number to get refund and cancell. they told me that i had a trail period of seven days then i got charged 39.95 for the service, that is not the case with me, i don't know about all of you. here is the # [protected]. thanks to the guy who posted it!!! i am glad that i kept on searching, may God bless you to get your refund also!!!

• Dr
    drub Feb 25, 2009

I paid 2.99 for a cd and didn't get it then was charged 39.95 for a service I can't use.

• Sh
    Sharon Feb 23, 2009

I requested a CD for Grants, and it was suppost to be free. It was charged to my card for 39.95, which was not authorized. I will be filing a complaint with Washington.

If anyone has a phone number for this Co. could you please post it along with your complaint.