Max Labunauthorized credit card charges (scam)

P

I filled out one of those "free trial" promotions online for a muscle supplement and was charged 112.12 on my Capitol One card. Notonly did I not want this type of product (erectile dysfunction pills) but did not want to pay an outlandish fee of over 100 dollars for it. My credit card was also charged a 98.00 fee for something that the fraud department caught. I am now in the process of trying to get my money back. Max Lab is a scam, they tempt you in with a "free trial" that you only have to pay shipping and handling. but then their piggyback companies tack on other fee's for nothing.

• Updated by Paul English · Oct 04, 2017

These "trial offers" aren't free, they hide in their terms and agreement 12 -15 days after you received your product that you'll be put on a future recurring debit of your credit card. It doesn't stop at one, if you let them they will take as much as they possibly can.

• Gl
    Glyn Morgan Nov 28, 2018

I did a chargeback on my credit card. when this case is resolved, the results will be posted here.

• Wg
    WG Russell Feb 26, 2019

I had the same experience with Max Labs in which I tried to order one of their products, Test Troxin as it was offered 1 bottle free for a trial period not stated on the web page but assuming it would be at least a few weeks after receiving it. After completing the order, and filling in my Capital One numbers including the one on the back, I checked out of the site. Not 5 minutes later I received a call from a woman who in very broken English, that I had not completed my check out and she was on about requiring to agree to another product which I could not even understand what it was and with a loud background noise as well, I just said cancel the whole order now and hung up! A week later I received a package with, no billing, now paperwork nor pricing, just more advertising pamphlet and the Test Troxin as well as a bottle of Max Ripped Nox. As I am a senior, I could not even dream of needing nor wanting a muscle enhancement product but do have ED problems so, I decided to try the Test Troxin but after a very short trial period, I found no improvements so I sent them both back, one unopened but my Capital One credit card had been charged for $227.56! I was fortunate, or perhaps not, to have found an address on the original shipping bag and sent it there requiring a signature upon arrival so I could track it. I immediately complained to Capital One who seemed like it would be a chargeback to the providing business and my next bill showed it was reversed but the company (who suddenly changed the name) sent Capital One a dispute back and I was recharged again! I was required to send documentation of proof of my returning the product, times, dates etc. A written statement of what had occurred and reasons for returning the product. I must have spent hours on the phone with the Capital One Fraud department and call after call, I could never speak with the same person so, I had to relate the whole situation over and over with some of the representatives seeming like they were simply sleeping while I was thoroughly fed up with the progress. I finally got a credit balance refund of $106.61 on my Capital One statement and thought perhaps this would be the end of it and have to settle for it. NO, NO, a statement again came today, I am again rebilled for $227.56 by Capital One. This has been an ongoing affair since August and I believe Capital One sides on the billing Client rather than the consumer but they have you at a disadvantage as they will simply charge their exorbitant interest fees and simply wait you out but, as I am a senior on fixed income, I shall take this to the BBB, the Canadian Department of Consumer Affairs and apply to Market Place to look into these companies whom I consider are attempting to defraud consumers. I also suspended the use of my Capital One for good!

Joe Blunt May 08, 2020

I ordered 3 bottles supposedly at $39.85 each; didn't get an invoice; they charged my credit card $271.21.

TOTAL SCAM; DO NOT BUY; WARN OTHERS

• Er
    Eric Cummer May 16, 2020

Much of the blame goes to the credit card companies who do not do nearly enough to protect consumers who use their payment services. The credit card companies are at least morally if not legally guilty of aiding and abetting acts of fraud and need to be held responsible. If more people complained directly to their elected representatives maybe things would change.

• Er
    Eric Cummer May 16, 2020

• Li
    lilakit Jul 03, 2020

Be Careful This is a scam I tried because of all the benefits it said to help with ailments and it was to be free and only pay s/h well that's not true my credit card was chged 106. then I thought ok I have the product let my son try it and if it does not work you have 30 days, well did not work, sent it back, no rebate. Now I thought this was finished with, did not know it was recurring every month. There was a charge on my credit card 6/18 2020 for 95.40 now I cant get through to them Their customer service number is OUT OF SERVICE very convenient. Also did not have the 30 days trial and have a 2nd bottle. No way of contacting them.
    Buyer Beware They were sooo convincing. Now to argue with the credit card company.

• Ka
    Karmakat59 Jul 18, 2020

I ordered 3 bottles for my elderly, arthritic mother at approx. $40 per bottle and the email receipt they sent me had NO AMOUNT on the invoice. It turned out they charged me over $200 US for 3 bottles. I called them and they gave me a partial refund to reflect the advertised price that I SHOULD have been charged. At no point was I told/advised that this was a quarterly SUBSCRIPTION so I was surprised and infuriated that I just received another 3 bottles in the mail yesterday. Fortunately I was able to contact customer support (*they seem to have 2 numbers listed but I was able to get through at 1 877 236-6943). After much 'haggling' (they wanted to give me a discounted price which I refused out of PRINCIPLE of the matter) I was given a RMA # to put on the shipping label to return the package (at MY expense, but it's better than paying for a product I did not REorder). I am trusting that I will get a prompt refund on my credit card once they received the TRACKED parcel. BTW, , both my mother and myself found absolutely NO BENEFIT from this product. So I DO NOT recommend it at any price.

• Ka
    Karmakat59 Jul 18, 2020

@Karmakat59 Fyi, re. my previos comment... the product that I ordered was called hemp max (hemp oil).