Matthew Thomas SalonBeware

J

I've never had a worse experience in trying to get a haircut in my life. Brandy, the "stylist", was so rude, insulting, and physically abusive that I could barely remain seated in her chair. Because I was not familiar with dry cutting hair and questioned the process, she became incensed and the 90 minutes went steadily downhill. She told me I'd probably been going to cheap chop shops (not true, but in any case, how dare she?) She took delight in burning my scalp with the blow dryer, the only time her face relaxed its perma-sneer. She left one side longer than the other, slamming her tools down when I brought it to her attention. Then to add insult to injury, she robbed me of the $20 change I was due from a gift certificate! THis woman does NOT play well with others!!

• Te
    Terrace22 Jun 20, 2010

I had a bad experience with Brandy as well. I had terrible stringy and overtexturized hair due to a really bad haircut prior to Brandy. I explained to Brandy that my hair was so thin it was breaking like crazy and bald spots were visible. I stated that I don't want texturing, razor cuts, shredding, thinning, or string type hair cutting. Brandy assured me not to worry. I had commented that I only wanted a trim to cut off the texturized hair. Brandy said that if more than an inch is cut off it is called a haircut. I did not really care about the semantics. I just wanted my hair to look better. Brandy point cut my entire head of hair. This means she made my hair THINNER! I was in shock. She texturized my hair all over again and made it worse than when I walked in the door. My friend swears by this salon, but as far as I am concerned, I am HORRIFIED. My hair is in such bad shape and now it will take even longer to grow out. I had 2 mos under my belt. Now thanks to Brandy, I have to start all over again with thinner, lifeless, stringy, hair, with visible bald patches.