Lifestyle FitnessMembership Cancellation

1st point: I created account here to lodge a complaint on family fitness center.
PEOPLE DO NOT JOIN, every thing sucks here.
Corporate level: customer service people hungs phone on you. we have to try 100 times to connect any agent.
Membership cancellation sucks, I dont know what kind of people they are. At the time of joining, they said nothing. Now at the time of cancellation they say everything.
At the time of joining, they said my billing cycle is from 1st to end of the month, no they say my card will be charged 27th every month. They charged me the last month fees at the time of joining and they said they will charge one time again. I didnt understand what the heck is this.
People DO NOT JOIN this club. This place is not good.
I regret I joined this club. Bunch of idiots.

• Lo
    Loretta D.` Dec 27, 2013

Each month for the past five months I call to tell them I still need a medical leave, They continue to charge my account. I have spent 4 months in the hospital and it was and still is impossible to get the gym, they still continue to charge my account. What can be done about this? Their management stinks.

• El
    Elizabeth Kathryn Cox May 17, 2011

Don't join Lifestyle Fitness you can't cancel membership. They continue to bill you
    and harass you for payment that is not owed. I even got the Better Business Bureau
    involved..

Stay away from them
    Elizabeth Cox

• Valerie Nov 07, 2008

I joined lifestyle fitness in June of 2007, I was told I had a year contract and at the end of the year I needed to write them and tell them that I wanted to cancel. In April, May, and June 2008, I wrote life style fitness to inform them I wanted to cancel my contract. I received no response and each month 40.00 was deducted from my account.

July and August and September they got 40.00 per month. October I went to my bank and filled out paperwork to place a stop payment on 'health club dues' so they would not get anymore money. Well, 40.00 came out under the name 'ASF International'. I finally got the contact information from the bank and asked what was going on.

I was told, I was supposed to write them, not lifestyle fitness whom I signed the contract with to cancel. I am not due any refund, and they don't know why all of a sudden the name changed to ASF International, when it used to be 'health club dues'. The employees that were my personal trainers, they're numbers were no longer in service.

I sent a letter and an e-mail to cancel my membership, and in the morning I'm going to send a fax, I'll see what happens next month.