Law offices of Michelle L. McGillStole our money

Please beware! My husband and I went to them for loan modification. Our first interactions with them was over the phone, and they took income amount of loan etc. Then we set up a meeting with them. I was told to bring all our documents, loan statements, tax returns, etc. We talked for about one hour and never did they run our income to our loan amount. We left giving them 500.00 to go through our docs. They said they would call us in about a week. A week later they called and said they could not help us because our debt to income ratio was to high. I am so pissed off because all they based there desison on was our income vs. our loan amount which they could have done over the phone or at least when we went to see them and spent an hour talking about our situation. So we paid 500.00 for them to basically tell us they could not help us. I wish they would have run the simple numbers and told us that before we gave them 500.00. Talk about getting kicked when you are already down!

AnnaLise Oct 09, 2009

While $500 is a lot for a consultation, it is what you paid for, and they did do it. You just didn't like the results. They didn't steal your money.

• Li
    lisa1168 Oct 09, 2009

I would have been fine with paying the fee, but if that is the many critira for loan mod than you should not charge 500. and tell your customer that it if for reviewing docs, If they had reviewed the docs I can understand they are in business to make money, but if it is based on you debt to income ratio then check that before you proceed with charging 500.00. And in this situation I believe it is stealing money!