Jack's FabricsThe worst service and treatment

C

I received the worst service and treatment (twice!) I have ever received when I walked into this upholstery and fabric store in the upscale town of Darien, CT. The owner announced he was closing an hour early after I'd driven an hour to look at fabrics in this small but overpriced shop.

The previous occasion I'd been in this store I had to wait for an hour for a staff member to ask if I needed assistance, and despite the sign in the window that stated 'We welcome walk-ins' I was told that without an appointment I wouldn't be helped or given any information about fabric availability and prices.

On the occasion I'd driven an hour to get there and they closed early on me, I informed the owner I didn't know how he stayed in business with his rude demeanor to customers, and he muttered 'another lard ###' and started screaming at me as I exited the store, 'You frustrated women who have nothing better to do than ### and moan,' etc.

I'll never go there again, and hope that people are aware of this so that nobody will be treated like I was. I just had a miscarriage at six months of pregnancy, and I didn't really need to be treated this way, but nobody deserves it no matter the cause.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices