Hometown CandyNo delivery of products!

N

I ordered from Hometown Candy, which is linked to Barnegat candy, and have received no goods. They do not answer the phone, nor respond to e-mails. This is blatant fraud.

• He
    Heidi Hasbrook May 29, 2007

I am in EXACTLY the same boat. It is blatant fraud. Have you heard their "Customer Service" voice message? Obviously not a real company.

• Su
    Susan H. Houston Jun 24, 2007

Same story. I ordered candy, credit card was charged, no candy arrived. These people are clearly thieves. NO ONE should order anything from them-- it's a racket.

• Mi
    Miss N Jul 09, 2007

I told was taken in by this company. I contacted my bank and received a refund and I also notified the BBB. The District Attorney in that area should be notified of this blatant fraud. To hell with the "company" and the persons running this fraud!

Marilyn Howard Jul 27, 2007

Am I ever glad I found these comments before I tried to order from Hometown Candy. I have been looking everywhere for some Keiller's Butterscotch and thought I had finally found it. Thank you all for taking the time to post this information. It has probably saved a lot of us money!

• Ka
    Karyn Andrade Jul 28, 2007

I too ordered, they charged my card and never sent the candy. The problem is this vendor is listed in all of the wedding books. I am contacting the publishers to see if we can have them removed. It's a scam because they anticipate we are too screed planning the wedding to really check them out. I requested a refund this morning... but it doesn't lessen the last minute calls I have to make to other vendors.

• Na
    Naomi Seidel Aug 01, 2007

This company is full of BS. I too have been scammed. I ordered candy from them and also have not received anything. They did however charge our credit card. Let me know if there is anything I can help do to stop this from happening to someone else, please let me know.

Chris Giordano Aug 24, 2007

It's been a month already and still no word on my order tried to track package numerous times, no response. Called numerous times and left several messages, no response. So I contacted my credit card company and I'm disputing all charges, I advise all others who have been ripped off by Hometown Candy to do the same.

• Ar
    Arlene Blocker Feb 13, 2008

No products...no contact info. This company is a fruad.

• Ke
    Ken Atkins Aug 15, 2008

As of August 08, nothing has changed. Ordered in July. No one answers phone and E Mail unanserwed. Strange thing, order from Hometown Candy and credit card charged to Hopewell Valley Riding Academy. My credit card company reversed the charges.

• Je
    Jenny Aug 26, 2008

I was recently married and we were in the same boat! We were told that the candy would be delivered closer to the "event date" and waited and waited. Finally three days before we looked it up again and came across the scam reports. I had to run around to find the candy we ordered two days before my wedding!!! I am so angry with these people and hope they get what they deserve! I am sorry to everyone that has gotten scammed by these people and hope they don't get too many more people...

• Pj
    pjstraub22 Jul 07, 2010

I'm in the same boat, but luckily I didn't put in my credit card information.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices