Global Resort Managementselling my timeshare

K

A woman by the name Bertestelle Jackson is saying she will sell my timeshare within 30 - 90 days in the convention center near Orange Lake Resort. She's saying there's a big convention soon, and big companies will be coming to buy up these timeshares. "It's cheaper for them than renting a big block of rooms at a big hotel", she's saying. She says my only cost is $899. Can NOT find ANYTHING legitimate about this company. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!

More Global Resort Management Complaints & Reviews

• Pe
    Penny Mcgraw Nov 17, 2009

I'm trying to sell my timeshare. And they are asking for the money up front (nighty eight hundred to eleven thousand). Before I can sale it.
    Andrea; from
    North Carolina

• Fe
    FELMMING2311 Jan 20, 2010

my name is dan flemming and i signed up with global resort management and i would definately recommend them to my family and friends. They told me the average turnaround was within 60-90 days and sure enough, on the 73rd day i recieved an offer for what i listed for and accepted it and recieved a cashiers check overnighted from the corporation i signed up with!!!

WOULD DEFF. RECOMMEND!!!5 STAR RATING BY ME!!!

anspare Feb 03, 2010

My nam is Anthony Spare, I did recieve many offers from Global and waited until I got top dollar for the property because they did tell me I could accept or decline any offer. They did send offers within the first 45 days and I declined. At that point I hoped I had not made a mistake because I started reading some of the comments online from other people saying they had done nothing for them and they were a scam. I was very leary at that point. Within about 20 to 25 days after the first two offers they sent me a offer for $36, 900 which was the top end of what I wanted and listed for and I did accept. From there I was still skeptical due to all of the terrible things online but sure enough it went through closing with no hitches and all I have is good things to say about Global Resort Management and there staff. I took my time to wright this because I dont know how my transaction went so well and others say such bad things. I guess you cant make everyone happy. Oh well my property is gone and I couldnt be any happier with my decision to go with this outfit.

Anthony

• Al
    Alex Soto Feb 03, 2010

Global contacted me as well. Apparently they have a corporate market they tap into to get these properties rented out. That is what interested me. It made sense. I bought a timeshare to get me out of standard hotels that offer little more than a bed and a tv. So I decided to give it a try. I didn't hear from them for about 3 months but soon after I started to receive offers for the rentals I gave them. They were on the lower end of the spectrum I was expecting to receive, but still a fair amount. This helped me pay my maintenance and taxes and I was going to loose the weeks anyway. I would recommend global to anyone trying to subsidize the cost of owning these money pits. Don't expect to get rich off of this service but it did help me tremendously...Alex Soto

• Wy
    Wyndham Owner Mar 02, 2010

My name is chris Manner i was contacted by Global Resort about 2 months ago. I was very hesitant to move forward with anything when it comes to my timeshare with Wyndham. They told me that my Property would average a sale between 38k to 42k. When i found out how much the property would sell for i was very excited, but you know how the saying goes if it sounds to good to be true it usually is. So i contacted Wyndham to let them know what was going on."Wyndham told me not to pay upfront" but the sales man i talk to was very convincing on the program so i gave it a shot. Within two months of being on bored i was contacted with a rental offer for the points available this year aswell as an offer on the sell three weeks later. I took a chance and it payed off i would deff.. Reccommend Global resort to my friends and family. The company has been around for a long time and seems to be doing very well. Thank you Global resort for helping me get rid of this headache.
    p.s. Wyndam doesnt want you to stop paying them there mait.. fee's and taxes funny i paid them for many years and nothing ever changed at the resort at least they could of updated the amenties in the villa's thanks again global ..Keep Up the good work...

• Ta
    Tao- CA Mar 22, 2010

There are a lot of complains against this Global Resource Management.

I got a call and promised to get a lot to rent my time share. Then I was told I need to pay $800 up front. This does not make sense to me. It is hard to believe they will try to rent your timesahre forever, saying they will get paid from clients. If this is the case, why charge $800 up front? It is more believable if they take a percentage as commission, I don't mind to pay they every time they can have mine rented out.

• Ib
    Iblewit Jun 04, 2010

I very recently signed up with Global Resort Management. I have about 1, 300, 000 Wyndham points plus about 8 RCI red weeks to rent. I talked with the salesman for over 2 hours. He originally asked for over $3, 000. I told the person I talked to that there was no way I could come up with that amount of money and that I would be happy to give them a small amount now and after my property was rented that I would give them the rest. They seemed fine with that. I will let you all know what happens.

• Fa
    fangell Jun 26, 2010

i recived a call from global resorts management to sell my timeshare at summer bay at orlando said a fee of 999.00 it would cost talked them down to 499.00 said they could sell it for 12, 000 within 180 days or my money back is it a scam i put it on my credit card they emailed the contract to me which had several errors on it im going to orlando in a few weeks im going to their office to talk to them

• Vb
    VBinMadison Jul 05, 2010

Fangell...let me know IF they have an office and what the results were. I am in early talking stages with these guys...not sure what to do

• Ne
    nessness Jul 08, 2010

This company just contacted me today. I have about 518, 000 Wyndham timeshare points and they wanted $1600 upfront. These people are scam artists to the max. No one should have to pay anything upfront to see their timeshare. They are not listed with the BBB, and the OBB is not a valid gauge of the quality of their services. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the "positive" comments seen on this board weren't written by Global Resort Management employees...I guess that is what they do with their time instead of trying to sell or rent timeshares.

• Ne
    nessness Jul 08, 2010

By the way, this ANSPARE guy who made the positive comments about the company lives in a town that doesn't exist...I looked up his profile. He is most likely an employee of the company.

• Its funny how there are other up front money type of timeshare companies that advertise on this site. I wonder who is really behind this site. Is this a neutral complaint board or is it biased based on the fact there are several advertisers ready to take peoples up front fees.

• Jm
    JMan1 Jul 27, 2010

Global Resort Management? It's a scam!!! They asked for an up front marketing fee to promote your property! Don't do it cause once the money exchanges hands, it's too late you've been had! You don't here from them no more! I paid my fees, they informed me that my points would sell at the end of a week(Thats a Lie!) Then my Property would sell between 30-90 days( That was a Lie!) Then I was told they only keep their invoice of properties for 180 days(after 90 days they re-advertise) they will refund my money?(I'm sure that's a lie as well!) it has been over 5 months and the only thing I have heard from them Is when I call them!!! Of course they blow me off and tell me to call back later! It's a scam to take your money and RUN! Oh yeah to make it even worse they change their number on you so it's even harder to get ahold of them!!! So I would like to thank you Very Much Mr. Pat Sullivan, Mr. Brandon Lee, Mr. Mark? In the verification department! Oh yeah and you better wish you never come across me in public!!!

• Cm
    cmwalker Aug 11, 2010

Fangell mentions above that the contract he/she received had several errors on it.

Ironic that the positive reviews about the company also have errors in them.

These guys contacted my mom to sell her time share.

Hell no.

-C

• Do
    donjuan2010 Aug 28, 2010

hi I just want you to know the true of this, this week I went for a job interview in other resort agency, Im not from the states, Im from central america, so I speak spanish and english too, i just wanted to work, i read about a call center add on the newspaper, when i got the place the guy there gave a roleplay i needed to learn, in this roleplay what we try to do is to make people believe we got a buyer interested in their properties, so they give u a sheet with all the people info, like name, adress, phone number, resort name, and the amount you ask for your property, so they told me to tell people this, and then make them to pay the legal fees, wich are title search, title transfer, estoppo letter and the handling of the documents, so once you got the phone call, u try to convince people, and then you tell em you are gonna call him/her later, so this is a crap, this is the tru i felt really bad about this, this a scam for sure, dont believe this, thats how they change their addres and phone because they are not in the states.

DON JUAN DE MARCOS
    honest salvadorian citizenship, I hope you all americans thank me for this!!!

• Ad
    Adrianna Fiore Sep 20, 2010

Hello everyone this is Adrianna Fiore with www.exclusivesales.com

Thank you Angela for the recommendation I am still adverting your property and putting buyers together to get a sale done very SOON!

I just wanted to clarify that we do charge a fee but that only paid once we have interested clients in purchasing your property.
    We are not a LISTING company, we actually present your property.

We can't just take on all properties. Check out our website, if your property has clients interested we can put it up for sale.

Thank you.

Adrianna
    [protected] EXT:426

• Ad
    Adrianna Fiore Sep 20, 2010

Hello this is Adrianna Fiore with www.exclusivesales.com

Thank you Angela for the recommendation.

I just wanted to clarify that we do charge a fee for advertising your time share property.

We are a full marketing company and advertise in many ways.

You can call me with questions

[protected] EXT: 426

• Ed
    edward jenkins Dec 07, 2010

i too have gotten ripped off by global resort and the number they gave me no longer exist so be aware of this company its a big rip off they give you fake people that are intrested and no real ones my time share has never sold in three years oh and the people who sign you up they always seem to no longer work there so research first dont fall short because of ignorance

• Bi
    BIGTIMERIPOFF Jan 17, 2011

GLOBAL RESORT MANAGEMENT IS A TOTAL RIP OFF BIG TIME!! PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!! THEY CALLED US LAST FEBRUARY AND PROMISED THAT THEY COULD SELL OUR TIMESHARE AND ALSO GET OUR TIMESHARE RENTED OUT FOR US. WELL, NEEDLESS TO SAY WE GAVE THEM OVER $800.00 AND WE NEVER EVER HEARD FROM THEM AFTER THAT. THE ONLY CONTACT WE HAD WITH THESE PEOPLE WAS BY ME CALLING THEM, THAT IS IF I COULD FIND THEIR PHONE NUMBER, SINCE THEY CHANGED IT ALL THE TIME. THEN WHEN YOU WOULD CALL THEM YOU WOULD BE ON HOLD WITH THEM FOREVER. I WOULD NEVER GET ANYWHERE WITH THESE PEOPLE, EXCEPT FOR THEM SAYING ALMOST EVERYTIME THAT "WE HAVE HAD SOME INTEREST IN YOUR TS, JUST NO FIRM OFFERS AT THIS TIME". FINALLY GOT THRU TO A MANAGER, AND TOLD HIM THAT I FOUND OUT FROM THE FLORIDA ATTORNEY GENERALS WEBSITE THAT THEY(GLOBAL RESORT) HAS HAD MANY COMPLAINTS FILED AGAINST THEM AND THAT CURRENTLY THERE IS AN OPEN CASE AGAINST THEM FOR DECEPTIVE AND UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES. HE THEM OFFERED TO REFUND MY MONEY IF THEY COULD NOT GET IT SOLD IN 90 DAYS. WELL, NEEDLESS TO SAY, THEY NEVER CALLED US BACK, JUST CALLED THEM AND THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO REFUND US OUR MONEY BACK! WE WILL SEE. I AM NOT HOLDING MY BREATH. DO NOT BOTHER WITH THESE PEOPLE, PLEASE!!!

• Al
    allylloyd Apr 14, 2011

I DO NOT HAVE A TIME SHARE--SO WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE CALLING ME?!!! I HAVE ASKED TO HAVE MY PHONE NUMBER REMOVED AND I STILL GET ANNOYING PHONE CALLS!!! I ASKED FOR THE BUSINESS ADDRESS:
    7041 GRAND NATION DR
    STE. 3224
    ORLANDO, FL 34786
    ONLY THAT IS NOT THE ADDRESS AT THEIR SO CALLED WEBSITE!!!
    IF THE BUSINESS HOURS ARE UNTIL 9PM--WHY DON'T THEY ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE!!!

• La
    Lawrence Elsensohn Jul 20, 2011

They have had me on contract for over a year. When I call to get my money, they tell me I have to renew every 90 days. That was not told to me by the first person. I was told that after the first 90 days in would be renewed and after the second 90 days I could have my money back if it didn't sell. Well it has not sold and I want my money back. They are refusing to do this. I have threathened them with an Attorney, but they daughed at me and swaid it wouldn't change anything. Are they above the law? Isw there anyone out there that is willing to help us? I am very dissatisfied. I live on SocialSecurity Disability with a fixed income and that money wpuld come in handy.

• Gl
    Global Resort Dec 23, 2011

I was called by Global Resort Management and guaranteed that my Time Share in Cancun could be rented almost immediately. If not immediately, then within 6 months. The hook was that if they did not rent it in the allotted time, then the money would be refunded. Neither has happened and they do not return my calls. I feel this is not a reputable company and will go to the Florida Attorney and BBB if nothing happens by Jan 1.