Fastway Courier Ltd. Malaysia Department (Or A Scammer Using This Company Name)Fake scam parcel delivery

H Review updated:

First of all, I am not aasserting that Fastway Courier LTD. is involved in this scam. But the scammer pretends to speak in the name of this company.

A friend of mine met someone on a dating site. After a short period he supposedly sent her a gift package. Then she received the following email asking her to pay USD 1, 350:

Fastway Courier LTD.
MALAYSIA DEPARTMENT
28, Jalan Ampang,
Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia.

ATTN: [name of addressee]/ [name of sender],

===============================================================================
Your Order Username ---[name of addressee]----password-japan-Description of parcel to be delivered:
===============================================================================
Delivery Notification: ...PARCEL ON HOLD
==================================================================
INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY (INVOICE) FOR YOUR CLAIM
==================================================================
We are sorry to inform you that your parcel from England was placed on hold this afternoon from the Malaysia custom office upon our transit arrival in Malaysia before further destination to Japan, Malaysia custom verification proves that your parcel is quite expensive, also Malaysia custom law charges all jewelries content weighing more than 1kg, so therefore charges are to be remitted by the reciever/sender as it is not our courier responsibility to handle related issues like this, the charges are high due to the expensive content of your parcel. For your perusal I hereby attach a copy of our delivery agent international passport as well as your airway bill for you to be sure that this is genuine and official from our legal authorities.
For prompt and fast dispatch of your parcel to you in Japan, you are to locate the nearest BANK TRANSFER AGENT in your location and make payment of your clearance charges cost which is $1, 350 USD (One Thousand Three Hundred and Fifty United States dollars) to our account officer Detail Below.

BANKNAME- AMBANK BERHAD
ACCOUNT NAME- JOSEPH TINA KIMBI
ACCOUNT NUMBER- [protected]
SWIFT CODE- ARBKMYKL
BANK ADDRESS- KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA
ACCOUNT OWNER MOBILE NUMBER- +[protected]

After You Have Made The Payment, Bank Transfer Will Issue To You The Payment Slip And Then Send Back To Us Via Email.
Your parcel will be delivered to your address immediately after your payment is received by our account officer

Thanks for your understanding.
We are glad to be of service to you.
FASTWAY COURIER DELIVERY SERVICES
Regards,
BIN HUSAINE NORMAN,
Fast Way Courier Service,
Malaysia Department.
Customer Information and Enquiry Department.
Fast Way Couriers Uk.
FAST WAY COURIER SERVICES

I read this useful website, found complaints about similar scams allegedly originating from Fasttrack / Fastway Courier Ltd. and advised my friend not to pay any money. Everybody, beware!

• Hu
    hunter2000de Nov 19, 2010

Update to my post of Nov. 15, 2010:

My friend confronted her bad friend with our findings. His answer on IM:
    (2010/11/16 0:02:24): ok bye
    (2010/11/16 0:02:29): stop contacting me
    (2010/11/16 0:02:32): just go
    (2010/11/16 0:02:35): yes am a scammer

novi geisha Dec 30, 2010

aku sebagai penduduk asal MALAYSIA ...
    bangga sama negara INDONESIA ...
    atas sportivitas nya ...
    mereka mahu, mengadu nasib mereka di negara kita MALAYSIA, mereka sabar, baik, dan masih banyak lagi.

seharus nya, kita sebagai rakyat MALAYSIA, yang pernah hidup rukun dengan negara-negara jiran ini.
    tetap kita jaga nama negara kita di depan dunia ..
    dengan cara tidak curang, dalam segala hal ...

jujur saya malu, atas kecurangan negara kita, MALAYSIA ...
    kerana di hadapan DUNIA negara kita sudah tercemar luas JELEK nya ..

negara kita MALAYSIA ..
    seperti tak pernah mau sportiv, dan selalu curang.

kita ciptakan sendiri lah, budaya kita sendiri, muzik kita sendiri, hasil karya kita sendiri ...
    tanpa merebut hasil usaha orang lain ...
    contoh lah, negara jepang ...
    selepas jatuh, tapi mereka rakyat jepang ..
    bisa bangkit lagi ..
    atas usahanya mereka sendiri.

tanpa mengaku-ngaku, hasil karya orang lain ..

• Da
    daviddavid Mar 02, 2011

i had the same experience...
    i had known the guy for a month and thought he loved me genuinely.
    he told me he will send gifts and money amounting to 8, 000gbp.
    he said he did... via fastway courier ltd uk.
    then after two days a man from malaysia called my number telling me my parcel is on hold because it was detected with money and has violated the law
    then i sent my scammer boyfriend the email asking me to pay 2, 940 ringgit in payment for them to deliver my parcel
    then my said bf told me he tied to settle it with his credit card but they denied
    he told me if i wont pay to get his package for me he will break up with me,
    but i did not i told him i dont have money
    so after that we lose contact
    he is a scammer.
    so you better beware of people like them. and dont be deceived by them. think practically and wisely.

• Ci
    cilla79 Apr 14, 2011

wow same thing has happened to me but i never paid sam e scenario got talking to a man on bearshare told him it was my birthday he said he wanted to surprise me by coming here and sending me a parcel, in it was meant to be an exercise machine and $500, 000 usd. same happened got a delivery order, then all of a sudden stopped in kuala lumpur. he wants me to pay the $1200 delivery but i told him im not he said dont you care about my omoney etc.. i told him to send me the money to pay for the parcel to get here.still he is stuffing me around. please be careful.

• Im
    imeth Dec 23, 2013

It happened to me also.. I met a man from facebook john martin, and he told me that he sent parcel to me from new zealand... the parcel was hold in malaysia and somebody called me and emailed me (liezel, her name.. asia regional coordinator fastway courier delivery services)... I sent money to the extend that I have sent 5000 euro totally and until now she is still asking money to me... be care ful... her number is +[protected]

• Je
    jencky labesig Jan 31, 2014

( malaysian fast way courier, i just want to know if this is real or a scam again)

YOU HAVE A PARCEL FROM: MR JAMES ROBINSON

NOW YOUR PARCEL HAS ARRIVE THE ASIAN BRANCH OFFICE IN MALAYSIA. FOR WE TO DELIVER THIS PARCEL TO YOU MADAM, YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE CLEARANCE AND RELEASE ORDER
    CHARGE OF THE COURIER COMPANY AS STATED IN OUR PRIVACY TERMS AND CONDITION
    PAGE TOGETHER WITH THE LOCAL CHARGE, AFTER THAT, THE DELIVERING WILL TAKE PLACE IMMEDIATELY... THE AMOUNT FOR THE CHARGES
    THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY IS ( 1, 555 USD = 70, 566.35 PHP ). FOR FAST DELIVERING MADAM,
    YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE PAYMENT FAST DIRECT THROUGH WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER, WE HAVE TO PROCEED ON YOUR DELIVERING AFTER YOUR PAYMENT CONFIRMATION.
    OUR DELIVERING OFFICER Mr. OWEN SMART AND CO WILL DELIVER THE PACKAGE TO YOU AT HAND.
    PLEASE SEND US THE INFORMATION'S THAT YOU USE TO TRANSFER THE MONEY HERE SO THAT WE WILL BE ABLE TO CONFIRM THE PAYMENT AS TO ENABLE OUR SECRETARY TO SIGN AND ISSUE THE RECEIPT OF YOUR PARCEL IMMEDIATELY. AND DON'T FORGET TO SEND TO US THE TRANSFER SLIP FOR CLARIFICATION PURPOSE.
    PLEASE, DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL OR SMS THEDELIVERING OFFICER Mr. OWEN SMART ( +[protected] ) FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR ANY ASSISTANCE.

PLEASE
    CONTACT OUR DELIVERING OFFICER IN-CHARGE FOR YOUR PACKAGE, MR OWEN
    SMART AND ASK HIM THE NAME FOR YOU TO USE AND TRANSFER THE MONEY FOR
    YOUR PACKAGE CLEARANCE FEE DUTY HERE IN MALAYSIA.
    MADAM,
    WE ADVICE YOU TO CONTACT HIM AND MAKE THE PAYMENT THROUGH WESTERN UNION
    MONEY TRANSFER FOR FAST CONFIRMATION AND FAST DELIVERING.
    IN-CASE IF YOU CAN'T MAKE THE PAYMENT, BETTER GO TO MALAYSIA AND SETTLE EVERYTHING.

WE ARE GLAD TO BE THE SERVICE TO YOU,
    YOURS FAITHFULLY, FAST-WAY COURIER SERVICES
    (The Dispatched Officer).Fedcsl Online Team Management © [protected] Fedcsl.

• Ex
    Ex Customs Officer Nov 22, 2014

Fastway couriers does not operate in Asia (including Malaysia). Anyone purporting to be from Fastway Malaysia is scamming you. The only country that can stop your delivery is the country that it is being delivered (or imported) to, and only by customs officers or police in that country. Countries through which deliveries are 'transiting" through will not stop your delivery unless it is discovered that there is something dangerous or hazardous in the package - and will not ask you for money to forward it on to you.

MastAzis Oct 05, 2015

Oh my god. I think i might be one of u guys too! What step should i take? Just ignore?

• Ni
    Niaxxo Mar 22, 2016

My mom is going through the same thing but she's so block headed that I can't deal with her anymore. I'm waiting until she lands flat on her butt. I tried helping her - texting the guy pretending to be her, trying to get proof of identity even through a picture holding a note saying "I love --" and nothing and I showed it to her and did research on everything and she's ignored it... I'm pretty sure she's sent money too via western union, I gave up and she ruined her own marriage to "talk" to this guy cus she loves him f

LingLong Apr 02, 2016

OMG i also get the same case ..the sender name is ADRIAN STEVE (+[protected]) and the person in malaysia is ([protected]) Hohnson Wiliiam ... send parcel then arrived at malaysia i still need pay RM2500 for the PARCEL ..!!!
    Thanks GOD i had servay before move to that step to pay...! I'm glad this web are very helpfull!!! Thanks you so much...
    p/s: He got send prove airway bill too =x but sux in edit XD hihihi

• Os
    osl Oct 25, 2018

@LingLong You didn't paid and just ignore the parcels, right?

Lim Zhi Ting Oct 08, 2020

@LingLong Hello, I have a question to ask, did u give your address to the person that mention to send this parcel to you? did anything happened after that?

Lim Zhi Ting Oct 08, 2020

if you send your address to the person that mention to send this parcel to you but u blocked of the email and phone number of the person that is contacting you from fastway courier malaysia. nothing will happen right? will they come to your house to find you or so? im sorry i am scared

• Os
    osl Oct 08, 2020

@Lim Zhi Ting Did you get any tracking number? I think the tracking number of the parcel is fake also.. Don't want use the link they given to check.

Lim Zhi Ting Oct 08, 2020

@osl nope i didnt get any tracking number