Dominion Wrecker ServiceIllegal actions

Sunday at 6am in the morning my brother in law parked his car in the visitor spot with the pass in the mirror. We came back to the house at approximately 3:30pm and saw that the van was not where he parked it.

I contacted the police and was told that Dominion Wreckers had towed it. I was given a phone number to call and the lady that answered the phone informed me that the vehicle was towed due to an inspection sticker being expired for more than 30 days. She then told me that we would have to pay $150 dollars to get the car released. In my copy of the Lakeside Community Management book (dated April 18, 2005) it says the following:

VEHICLE REGISTRATION:

All vehicles on the premises must display valid state tags, inspection sticker and county registration decal. The county registration decal requirement will be waived for military personnel, upon proof of permanent residence. Vehicles not in compliance with State and County laws will be TAGGED and given FIFTEEN (15) days to bring the vehicle into compliance. If the violation is not cured within that time frame the vehicle is subject to towing at the owner's sole risk and expense.

My visitor was only here for one day and his van was not tagged per the rules set by the home owner's association. We cannot afford to pay to get his vehicle from the towing company and I do not feel that we should have to pay for this situation.

I have been in contact with the home owner's association and they are now telling me that the tow company is now saying that they had tagged the vehicle previously which is a complete lie.

I am still waiting on the home owner's associations decision. As of today it is still pending.

• Nc
    NC Wolfpack fan Jun 21, 2010

THIS COMPANY IS A PREDATOR COMPANY!!! I was parked in the Spotsylvania Crossing lot away from the stores. After checking for posted signs and noting none on any of the light poles, I left my car and planned to pick it up a couple of days later after visiting in the area from out of state. 7 hours later they towed my car. When asked how he would know if I was coming back after an evening he said no over night parking. It was towed at 1:18 a.m. because stores were closed and I'm not an employee. It came to our attention they also towed employees car. It wasn't even there overnight!!! I am now $300 poorer. The signs are poorly posted. I will be contacting property owners as well as the management company.****** DOMINION WRECKER SERVICE ARE PREDATORS!!!******

sahid Rismad Nov 02, 2008

### towed my car right out from in front of my house.