Del Toro Loan ServicingFraud

T Review updated:

yes i bought this home april 15, 2009 and its land conctract and every thing is 650.00 a month but come to find out they have not paid taxes on this house or insurance on this house i found out about this in august when i called amercan faimly insura.to get extra ins. on the house so i called deltoro to ask them wheres my money been going to they couldnt anwer me they said they had to get intouch with my lender .i called down to treasure office and the house has not been recored so they told me aint nothing they can do about that like my and my kids is out of a house only thing i want is my money back on this house cause thats all me and kids money is in this house that we done lost out, , and they told me to pay the taxes on and witch its 2, 193 and iv been paying 150.00 every month since 2009 on taxes so now what me my kids do cause why pay more and we already did i called leagal aid so they can help me and they told me thye dont have no funds to help people right now so now what to do .

RESOLVED

• Dr
    Dr Stuart Weiss Aug 03, 2020

I've used Del Toro for about 10 years and at least 200 loans...never had a problem. Outstanding service, easy to deal with.
    Latonya, Enrique, Diana Carrada...all excellent. they know the law, they are meticulous. I do't know Marty Goodman (above) but my experience is identical to his.
    S. R. Weiss, M.D.

• Li
    Lisa0005 Oct 30, 2018

We borrowed money for short term purposes and called them with questions regarding additional fees on our monthly statement. They took my name and number and said they would call back. They never did so I had to call them. Their customer service was terrible and I feel that these monthly fees should have been verbally disclosed to us in the beginning of the process and not tucked away in a document that we did not have time to read at the signing of escrow. So beware and read everything before you sign. I know it is basic common sense but they are very sneaky about it. Hope to get this paid off again and will never be doing business with them again.

Marty Goodman Jun 10, 2016

I have worked with Del Toro on hundreds of loans and have been a client of theirs for more than 10 years. Del Toro is an outstanding company and fastidious about complying with a the rules and regulations. We regularly audit our loan servicing providers, and Del Toro has received outstanding marks from our independent auditors. We have never had a situation where Del Toro has improperly withheld taxes and not paid them and they have held hundreds of thousands of dollars on our and our clients' behalf.

When we make loans, we stay in close contact with our borrowers and they have reported nothing but positive dealings with Del Toro. The above complaint is very contrary to our hundreds of interactions and experiences with Del Toro.

• Dr
    Drew Louis Apr 23, 2016

Del Toro Loan Servicing has been servicing thousands of clients for over 10 years, maintaining an A+ rating with the BBB. The matter mentioned here was resolved after we showed that the person who wrote the complaint was not a client of ours..

• Lo
    LORINA DELFIERRO Oct 30, 2011

They took my money too and did not pay my taxes and insurance. Go to the Attorney General and to the Insurance Commissioner and file a complaint. Call the IRS ( tax man) tooThe will help you. There is a pro bono lawyer they suggest.
    Lorina

• Ta
    tamikio b Aug 17, 2011

i did a land contract home in dayton from them pay my morage and taxes and inscurance comes out of my payment but come to find out they have not payed any taxes and the house dont have insurance on it so that means me and my kids out of a home that i put together and a brand new ramp they put on the house that mrdd payed for 8, 000 so my son can go up down the stairs ..and iv been calling my morage people every day to see what my lender say about me getting my money back iv paid since 2009 and they been giving me the run around about it