Cri Purchasing CorpRude, won't tell us who we owe

these so called collectors call us multi times daily and send us letters weekly, they have called relatives and won't even tell us what the collections for, all we get is Cri Purchasing Corp who we don't ever remember getting a bill from or owing at all! And now we read from this website may not even be legit! This creditor is not practicing an ethical business at all!

Chris7791 Mar 27, 2015

Received the letter from Convergent. They were asking me to pay $78.21 as a settlement offer from a debt of $223.46 by CrI Purchasing corp. I called the customer service number. The lady I spoke with said it was a debt from a 2001 account with Washington mutual.. I informed her I never had a Washington Mutual acct. She then asked me to confirm the last four of my social. Being just the last four, I did. She then told me sorry for the inconvenience, we have the wrong person. Be careful with these guys. They seem very shady...

• My
    Myers Sullivan Mar 24, 2015

I received a letter on3/23/15 which stated: our records indicate you have an outstanding balance of $797.53, and our client is ready to settle for $252.00
    When I called, they already knew who I was by my phone number, and wanted last 4 of social I refused once I asked what it was for, the rep told me it was a Washington Mutual checking account in over draft. This was from 2000 in California. That account was closed and 5 suspects arrested in hotel. I was robbed at gun point, Washington Mutual prosecuted, closed account and re-opened a new one for me.
    Now this company wants me to settle after 15 yrs.
    My immediate response was "I'm not paying a dime!" There is a police report attached that account and they can fold it in 4 corners and shove it. I am in contact now with my attorney to see about filing a class action against this company for false collections attempts, long after the statute of limitations.

• Tj
    tjlove2424 Jul 18, 2014

I just received a letter from them dated 7/11/2014 saying I owed &560.04

• Ai
    AIRI May 01, 2014

I MYSELF JUST REC'VD A LETTER FROM "CONVERGENT" OUT OF TEXAS STATING I OWED "CRI PURCHASING CORP" $724.21...FUNNY THING IS I HAVE EXCELLANT CREDIT AND HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF OWING ANYONE...THIS IS A SCAM!!! BEWARE...I DO INVESTIGATIONS FOR A LIVING, THOSE PICKED THE WRONG PERSON TO TRY AND COMMIT FRAUD ON...I AM WITH ROCKASOLO I WILL SPEND THOUSANDS TO PUT THIS CO OUT-OF-BUSINESS AND GET THE POINT ACROSS TO OTHER SCAMMERS WHO TRY TO DO THE SAME.

• Ro
    rockasolo Dec 09, 2013

I just got a letter for this company, I have never done business with them and have no reason to receive such letters. I will follow up with an attorney and sue the living crap from these A holes if I have too. They are only asking for $264 but I will spend thousands to get my point across and never give them a dime.

• La
    Lanfrevan Sep 03, 2012

My mom just received a letter from them saying the principal balance owed is 115.37 cents and total amount owed is 115.37. She was given a temporary "ID" number. When I did a reverse phone number look up, there is no company name, address and everything else is unknown . I am thinking this is a scam.

• Al
    Alex88 Jan 25, 2012

I was never informed nor did the bank inform me that i had an account in the past that was overdue when I created a new account. My bank KNEW about the account after talking to a rep but failed to tell me and instead of allowing me to pay them or the collections agency when I had the funds, they just took out money on their own.

• Nd
    ndgs4 Oct 24, 2011

This agency withdraw money from my savings account without informing me or ask my permission

• Bi
    billryan1979 Sep 20, 2010

I just got a letter from them claiming an account that I never had. I assumed identity theft and asked them what I should do. They very rudely asked if I was going to pay yes or no. Is this a scam?