credit streetdebt settlement

I recieved a Personal and Confidential notice in the mail from Credit Street for debt settlement. When I cslled the [protected] number I spoke with James Reid extension 136. He seemed to know what he was talking about. He told me he could get my debt reduced by 40-60% and needed to check my credit report, asked for my SSN# and date of birthwhich I gave him. He would run it by the underwriter and call back in an hour. he did not call. When I called back we spoke again and he said I did qualify and he would send me a contract but needed to know my bank and routing #. At this time was suspicious and did not give that info. I think It is a scam and hope I do not get screwed. He did run a FICO and I hope they can not credit card fraud me.
He also said his company worked for Legal Helpers Debt Resolution and worked under the name Freedom Debt Relief. I called both companies and they have not heard of him.

• Dd
    ddmac Aug 25, 2010

I also got the "confidential...approved" letter in the mail, and actually just got a 2nd notice. I was leery of any kind of solicitation in the mail, so I googled it and found the other comments. Any website that asked for peronal info (SS#, bank routing#) needs to be thoroughly checked out! If they already say they know how much you are in debt, then why would they need that information in the first place. Do not be scammed by these people!! I'm glad I looked into it before I even called them...sometimes even calling certain numbers can get you into trouble.

• We
    webdoxia Aug 19, 2010

These people are scam artists 100%. Never give your SS#, routing, account numbers to bottom feeding ###.

• Be
    Benjamin Ornelas Jul 12, 2010

Thank you for you posting, I got the same personal and confidential notice in the mail and like you the first thing I did was to google it and that's how I got here. be ware, it's a scam for sure. thank you from Chicago.

• Ju
    junepet Jun 22, 2010

I just received the same confidential notice this morning and decided to check the internet before I called. Thank God I found this post. Thank you so much for posting it. It's too bad that you have to mistrust things so much these days.

• Un
    Universal Debt Settlement Jun 21, 2010

Universal Debt Settlement is located in Biddeford Maine and we are a transparent Debt Settlement Company that may be able to help you. If you want honest information on how debt settlement programs work, give us a call. [protected]

• Mm
    mmpearl Jun 18, 2010

i also have recd a private sealed letter from credit street with form 1045-dc regarding debt and to contact them, i went straight to the internet and couldnt pull up their phone numbert [protected] so became suspiouse immeditaly
    so this morning i decided to check out the name and found this board and i thank you for posting this information now i know for sure this is trash !!! thank you from augusta maine

• Th
    thughes Jun 04, 2010

Thank you for this post. It was very helpful to me in deciding whether or not to respond to their mailer.