Yellowbook / Cancellation

Olathe, KS, United States Review updated:

I signed up with Yellowbook to do some advertising for my small business. I wrote a check to the salesman and a few days later, I found my bank account in the negative. After further investigation, I found that Yellowbook electronically deposited my check, THEN cruised over to the bank and deposited the same check again! This caused me a ton of grief. Overdraft fee's galore. I contacted my salesman right away, and told him I wanted to cancel my advertising. He told me I couldn't cancel because it was a contract. (Even thought they breeched the contract by stealing money from me.) My salesman refused to return the overcharged monies back to my bank, OR pay the overdraft fee's. Instead they wanted to offer me credits in future advertising. Ummm, no? My salesman said he could cancel the internet portion of my contract, but not the book print because it was already being printed? Remember, this is only a few days after I signed up with Yellowbook. I tried to call my salesman the next day, and for over 20 days straight to insist on canceling. No answer. Left voicmails. No returned phone calls. I finally E-mailed a letter of cancellation to Yellowbook since I could not get ahold of my salesperson. I began getting bills from Yellowbook, not only for the printed section, but also for the internet advertising that my salesman said he cancled... I have all the paperwork my salesman gave me when he cancled the internet ad. I have copies of the cancellation E-mail, I also have telephone records showing the insane amount of phone calls I placed to my salesmans phone number. Yellowbook has sent my account to collections, and as of today, to an attorney. Wrongfully debited twice in the beginning, then charged every month for a full year for an ad that I canceled, and they are bringing me to court? Thanks to Yellowbook for supporting local small businesses!

Comments

• Je
      Nov 18, 2010

I hope you sue them. Maybe then they can learn the meaning of supporting a small business!

•   Nov 19, 2010

Hi there. My name is Summer and I work in Yellowbook's Customer Service department. I'm sorry to hear about all of the above. If you can contact me & provide me with your business name, I'll see what I can do to help!

You can email me at socialcs [at] yellowbook [dot] com. Thanks!

-Summer B.
    Yellowbook Customer Service
    On Twitter: @yellowbook_help

• Sm
      Dec 12, 2010

Thanks for all your support "Summer, with Yellowbook's customer service department", but it seems a little late now for help eh? Customer service from the beginning would have been nice. Thanks, but no thanks. Small Biz owner14

• Sc
      Mar 23, 2011

I had an over pushy sales lady tell me that I could sign a contract and she would hold it till I got ready to make a deposit. I signed the contract so that I could get out of there, based on the fact that I never intended to pay the deposit to execute the contract. I told her I wasnt interested via text message and to cancel. Remember she told me that I could not be in contract with out a down payment of $39. Since she wanted her commission she disregaurded my text and paid my Dp for me and put the ad thru. In the wrong city no less. I am now being sued by yellowbook. I am going to file a lawsuit tomorrow for false reprenstation.