V. I. P. Travel Reservations, Inc. / travel scam and bogus gift

4606 S. Clyde Morris Blvd. Suite 1PPort Orange Daytona, FL, United States Review updated:
4.65
Phone: 386-252-2332
I can't understand how the law allows this kind of business to exist with the body of complaints that are out there. I just spent 90 minutes listening to some guy go on about how spending 9-10K+ for vacation membership was "putting money in my pocket". (He said that at least 5 times) I knew it was all a joke, just do the math -- you'd have to take 5 BIG trips a year to "break even". but when they try to get your guard down by asking what you do and then they say, "my wife is a nurse" that is all part of the reeling in. The want to make you vunerable, playing on your hopes, dreams, wishes and sense of guilt. "It cost me $500 for you to sit here..."

My 23 year old son and I, however, shut them up pretty good and left them to say nothing to us. First, the guy asks my son who probably looks more like an easier mark, "What are your travel plans? My son kind of smiles and replies, "Well, I have a different type of travel plans" The guy then asks my son what he
does, (me, to myself... this will be good, ha, ha) My son answers he's in the army to which I add, "Yeah, he enlisted when he was 17" And the guy says, "Me too!" (Sure, sure, buddy!!!) The guy is slick, "I was in the Marines" so I ask him, "Really? Did you go to Iraq the first time?" Now he's sweatin' "Well, no, I was on an island". My son rescues him and says, "Where, Barain? I was just in Jordan." and I look at the guy and say, "yeah, Do you have any five star hotels in Bagdad???? Needless to say, we get jettisoned out to recieve our "free" plan tickets. Of course we got the same form all of you got and when you see "send
money order or chasiers check only" it automatically should raise suspicion. In retrospect, I should have known; there wasn't even a website on the promotional coupon I received in the mail (a good question to ask when they say, "Any questions???) I
could have saved myself the grief by googling this before I went but I did get to share a good chuckle with my son and we had quality time in the car.

In the end, YOU decide how you are going to spend your money and nobody else. There is no way you "save money" or have "extra money in your pocket" if at every turn, they are asking you to shell it out. It's a complete scam.
Ch

Comments

Ro
  20th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I agree 100%. These people should all be in jail with other criminals. Do not give these crooks any money... save yourself some grief and time... Stay away!!
Lo
  30th of May, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
My husband and I also sat through a "90 minute" presentation at Colonial Crossings in Williamsburg, Virginia with a man who was very personable and we basically went through the same thing. We even ended up buying, that is how good he was. Anyway, after thinking about this a little more, we realized we would basically be spending a lot of money in the long run because of maintence fees, etc. We ended up cancelling. We did get our so-called free gifts. There were so many rules to this and I thought I had followed them as best I could. I unfortunately did send a regular money order instead of a U.S. Postal money order. Because of that my offer was void. I am sure many people have done the same thing. I am so upset right now because of all the work into just trying to get that free gift, I could scream. We also got a supposed free rental car for the week. We had to give a 75.00 deposit, which is supposed to be returned. Well, after getting the reservation request form, we saw that we would have to pay an additional 99.00 for all the so-called insurances and taxes. This is the biggest rip-off I have ever seen. Nothing is free. You end up paying for certified mail, taxes, etc. I cannot believe they have places like this associated with a classy place like Colonial Williamsburg. They are truly criminals and it is just not fair.
Be
  8th of Jun, 2008
Same kind of scam as reported on other sites. Just Google 1-866-930-3999 or 1-800-930-3999. Besides VIP, names used include Global Travel or something close. The one I got is at 1950 Old Gallows Road, Tysons Corner, VA 22182.
Bl
  19th of Jun, 2008
Received card in mail with congratulations for my birthday next month with complimentary round trip tickets to any airport in the continental US. Call 1-866-930-3999. Used old US Airways logo (instead of US Air). Card was usps Paid Permit #850 - Daytona Beach, FL.

Insert in card was fake boarding pass, with the following contact information on back:

Travel Provider:
Global Travel
1950 Old Gallows Rd
Tysons Corner VA 22182
Da
  15th of Aug, 2008
I think these people must have taken the course offered by the late W.C. Fields entitled, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute." My wife and I were offered $100.00 in gas, airline tickets and a Marriott vacation package. Needless to say, there were significant strings attached to each portion of the "free gifts." We decided to check out each provider on-line and were not surprised to find out there were many problems with each of them. We got away without any loss of money but feel bad for those who were not so fortunate. Sure makes you wonder about the companies which were selling (in our case it was time shares in Virginia) something. If their "giveaways" are that shady, what does it say aboout their products?
Do
  3rd of Sep, 2008
Just received the Marriot offer and free airline tickets, really thought it must be a fake, but was tempted, instread of calling them I googled them and found all this info, glad I didnt lose any money, why isnt Government trying to close this jerks down?
Al
  18th of Sep, 2008
I got a piece of mail wishing me a happy birthday from VIP Travel Reservations, Inc. I was offered a stay at a Marriot Hotel, a $30 dinner and "a $100 gas." One hundred dollar gas what? Card? That slip up is what clued me in first. Also, the offer was supposedly from American Airlines, but the AA logo wasn't to be seen anywhere on the certificate. I didn't see any mention of this on the AA website either. I typed the phone number into Google as well as "VIP reservations, Inc. Birthday scam" and found out that this offer is indeed a scam.
Mi
  20th of Sep, 2008
Well add us to the list of suckers who wasted 90 minutes and were subjected to 5 different pressure sellers before receiving our "free" ticket. Same **** as what everyone else got. After the group presentation I admit it "sounded" pretty good but thankfully I never buy anything of real value without sleeping on it. That's when we started getting handed off from one to another salesperson, with each cutting us a better and better deal and once they started doing that I knew it was a scam. After the last one who was supposed to give us the tickets and said to us that he hoped we weren't feeling pressured! I had to laugh. He then proceeded into another sales pitch to where he went down to $2, 000! I couldn't stand any more. They did give us the "free" ticket request and the first thing we noticed was that a money order had to be sent. That sealed the deal SCAM ARTISTS!!! I think the reason they can get away with it is because they are nationwide (not interstate) and would have to be investigated and prosecuted by the Federal Goverment (FBI) and we all know how reliable the Fed is at the moment! Hope this post warns some poor suckers. Oh and by the way...one couple while we were still there went for it at the $8, 999 starting price!!! They won't be taking any vacations for a long... while.
Co
  22nd of Sep, 2008
I also got a wonderful offer from VIP Travel Reservations INC. I called the number (1-800-320-1705) and talked to a guy named Antonelli. It was a 3 day/2 night stay with hundreds of Marriott locations, plus a $30 dinner and $100 in gas. Antonelli told me the dates and times they had available for the 90 minute travel presentation. We aggreed on 5:30pm Sept. 19th. I told him that I have a one year old son and asked if that will be a problem. He told me my son can't come, but for my trouble they will throw in the "Wanna Getaway" offer which is another 3 day/2 night stay at one of 60 of the fanciest resorts in the country. Then, his supervisor got on the phone to confirm everything with me. SO, we payed a baby sitter for the night and drove all the way accross town (the motel was in Albuquerque, NM...I live in Rio Rancho, NM) and showed up at the Clarion Hotel 30 minutes early. We asked the receptionist where the Rio Grande Room was and he asked if we were here for the VIP deal. We said yes and he said that people had been coming in for 3 days for this meeting, but VIP Travel Reservations INC. had never even registered there. So, I called the customer service number they gave me (1-800-245-8814) and asked the guy what the deal was. He said that that offer had been cancelled and that they called everyone and told them it had been cancelled and left messages on the machines for the people that didn't answer, and that they even mailed out information about it...which was all faulse. I asked him why people would come to the motel for 3 days straight if you guys had called everyone. He had no answer. Well, I guess I lucked out only spending money on a baby sitter and gas.
Ti
  6th of Oct, 2008
I received my "invitation" today in the mail. I called 1 888 806 8915 and spoke with Vicki. She was "unable to answer' most ofmy questions on the phone. I would have to attend some sort of seminar at the Marriott in Concord, Ca (Probably the Marriott in Pleasant Hill, Ca. as I don't think there in one in Concord.) I have researched this "company" VIP Travel Reservations and can't believe the number of compliants against this "company". I also an blown away that Marriott Hotels are allowing this company to use the good name of Marriott in this type of SCAM.
I may go to the Marriott with a tape recorder or maybe even a video recorder ( placed in the front of my baseball cap) and then post it on UTUBE for ALLLLLLL to see. I am also contacting Marriott and will provide them with copies of all of the complaints I have found online.
PLease STAY AWAY FROM THESE ### AND KEEP YOUR VERY HARD EARNED MONEY FOR YOURSELF!!!
To
  5th of Nov, 2008
Don't forget, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't."

My "incentive" was also Marriott's Hotels, $50 meal and a $50 Visa card.

Thanks to all, you saved me an hours trip to Concord and basically a wasted afternoon.
Do
  12th of Nov, 2008
Thanks for the heads up. I knew it was too good to be true. From your responses it doesn't sound like much of a birthday present. I'm glad I had enough since to google the agency first only to find these comments. Doodad Suisun City Ca.
Ki
  12th of Nov, 2008
I just got one of the birthday offers. 3 days/2nights, $50 meal, $50 charge card.

Postal fraud complaints can be filed at http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/MailFraudComplaint.aspx. (Vacation offers is the last category on the pull-down menu.)
Jo
  19th of Jan, 2009
I totally disagree with all of you! I've booked with them twice now, once with airfare and once with a car rental. and both times it worked perfectly! It amazes me that all of you are complaining because you didn't follow the terms and conditions. VIP fufills these, not solicits you for them, I will agree the presentation I had to sit through to get the certificates was rediculous, but in the end, totaly worth it as the program DOES work if you let it! Furthermore, to the people who have only received the offer and read all these people's nonsense and thought "better" of participating, keep in mind that everyone wants only what they want and have a predetermined way of how they feel they should get it, that said when people don't get their way they complain... very rarely do you hear from the happy people, and the ones doing all the whining are ruining it for others, blame the company responsible, and don't complain when you CHOOSE not to read what you sign!
Ki
  7th of Mar, 2009
How can y0u get out of the timeshare? Are there limitations that can cause you to lose all of your money completely?

Kim
Je
  27th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My wife and I responded to a mailing where we were offered FREE... 2 round trip airline tickets, 2 nights stay at a Marriott hotel, car rental, $50 gas voucher and $30 restaurant voucher for attending a 90 minute presentation on a "discount travel" company. The presenter Phil is nothing but a b.s. er. He does not answer questions and tries to portray what he is presenting into something it is not. The presentation was full of fluff (they do not want any questions) and sounded too good to be true (when it does sound too good to be true... it is). They have individual consultants (my consultant's name supposedly is Tab??) where they seperate the people into boiler rooms where they now do everything they can to get you to sign an agreement on an offer that is only good "today". They start off at $7, 995 and move down to $5, 000 in a just a few minutes and if I didn't flat reject it so quickly they would have come down to $995. What you are paying for is of "NO VALUE". They do not tell you their last name and do not offer you a business card even after asking for one. TONY MARINELLI (I only obtained his last name by doing some investigative work) who calls himself the Sales Director again with no business card plays the slick Mr. Charmer who is a smooth talker until you start to question him on the details of this scam. He then shows his true colors by getting confrontational. He doesn't like to be questioned and then challenged on what he is offering and the fact that he is lying to your face. In fact, this is a scam and fraudulent operation and they try to distance themseves from the fraud by blaming the marketing company which is owned by the same people. STAY AWAY FROM "FIVE POINTS TAVEL", "VIP TRAVEL RESERVATIONS, INC." AND "INFINITY INCENTIVES GROUP" WHO ARE ALL IN ON THIS FRAUD TOGETHER. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN OR AGREE TO PAYING THEM ANYTHING AS YOU WILL REGRET IT. I am now turning this information over to the authorities to unravel this fraudulent operation and get convictions by fraud by deception.
Je
  27th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I failed to mention that there is NOTHING free about the "so called free offers" they promise to get you to this 90 minute presentation plus the additional time you spend in the boiler rooms where you now spend add'l time talking with the consultant who tries to deceive you into paying $8, 000 for what... nothing of value! PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAM/###. I PROMISE THAT YOU WILL LIVE TO REGRET TRYING TO GET SOMETHING THAT THEY SAY IS FOR FREE BUT IS NOT. This is nothing more than a cattle call and they adhere to the phrase that "there is a sucker born every minute." DON'T BE ONE! Don't even try to redeem the so called Free gifts because they are not free! At the Parsippany office 973-998-6160 located at 4 Century Drive Parsippany, NJ is the Sales Director... TONY MARINELLI who is a slick bull shitter and con artist along with his associates by the name of TAB FERGUSON. These guys are transients who prey upon their victims. Don't be a vicitm and just save your time and money because they are not selling you something that is tangible. IT IS A FRAUD. TONY MARINELLI THREATENED TO KILL ME WHEN I ASKED HIM QUESTIONS ABOUT THE OFFER THAT HE LIED ABOUT AND SHARED WITH HIM THE FEEDBACK FROM THIS WEBSITE AND OTHERS CALLING THEM SCAM ARTISTS. The Police went called and took a report about the incident only to find out the Police were there earlier in the week when someone who signed up discovered they are a fraudulent company and wanted his money back and TONY refused so the Police were called in. This story will not end until they are brought down and convicted of their criminal activity.
Ti
  1st of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also have been waiting for a refund from VIP TRAVEL we were given airline tickets incentives for a 1 hr presentation and after that we were given information on how to get our tickets which was by sending money to VIP Travel we then sent them money but could not reserve dates we needed so we cancelled and requested our refund for $100 sent them cerified mail with cancellation request as of 02/01/2009 they have received mail b/c they signed for it and as of today we have had no refund they say will take 6-8 weeks but it looks like we will be waiting a long time..VIP CROOKS!
Ck
  10th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I sat through the 90 minute presentaion with my wife. We have been planning a Greece vacation and was very well aware of what the costs were going to be outside of this scam. So, I put them on the spot and said price out this trip for me to Greece. The showed me brochures of the couple of hotels they are affiliated with in Mykonos where I would be for a week. I told them to get me the proce of the room, plus a couple of nights in Athens, transfers, etc. He said he couldnt do it that night and aksed me to come back in a couple of days. I said "fine." I come back and was basically told the company would not price out the trip for me. The salesman starts giving me some nonsense analogy about joining a gold course -- "do you get to play on the course before joining." I said "of course you do." I asked him "do you buy a car without test driving it?" I got my travle certificate which after reading the above, am debating whether to take the chance. I am limited to when I can travel die to children. I sense any date I request will beundoable.
Dj
  7th of May, 2009
I traveled with VIP, the presentation was a crock of ### to be frank. But once I followed all the rules, which some were rediculous, I might add, it worked well. It's now been a little more than 10 weeks since traveling and I just received the balance from my car rental not used for taxes ($53 of the original $75). So yall do as you wish, but I'm happy and would use VIP again if I had the chance. It was a good way to get something reasonable in this economy. I guess my only advice to all of you with not such great luck is follow the rules, all of them... and don't worry with how it was originally represented where ever you received it... FOLLOW THE RULES!!!