Ultimate Bet / Something smells fishy!

I am complaining about the ultimate bet poker site as well as all online poker sites. While they claim to be legitimate sites, who use actually odds and percentages for their cards. I as well as other find it very very hard to believe. This site, as well as most are ran overseas, they don't have the same gaming laws or gaming commission to answer to as there are in the United States. So what is to stop them from "rigging" the cards in favor of the the site? What is to stop them from putting more and more money in their own greedy pockets?

An example that seems to happen over and over and over: One fairly good hand hits on the flop, lets say trip kings hit. Now lets say the other player holds pocket A's. Wouldn't you know it the 3rd A's hits on the river. One creating two very good hands by the river, which inturns creates each player betting more and more into each other, and two build the pot, which inturn raises the rake(which is money casinos take out of every pot) the bigger the pots the more of a rake that is taken out. The richer they get.

Now the odds of the 3rd A's hitting on the river is about 4% which averages out to be about 1 in every 25 hand another A's should hit. It sure doesn't seem to hit 1 in 25 more like 1 in 10, if not less. It is not just this example but many many examples of very very slim odds of cards hitting on the river. These happen way to frequently for it to be just bad luck.

Now I do not have proof of this theory it is only my opinion. I do know I have been play poker at casinos for 5 years. You see more of these type of hands in one hour in online poker than you will all day in a casino. If something looks like a fish and acts like a fish odds are, it a fish. In this case something smells fishy.

I wrote them an email expressing my concerns over these issues. They basically told me they have nothing to hide and to prove it, and nobody would believe me anyways. Very customer service oriented wouldn't you say. lol

Lu

Comments

• Al
      26th of Mar, 2008

I totally agree with your thoughts, and I have noticed something else too. It seems that Ultimate Bet actually rewards more aggressive play. Here is an example of this:

I sit down at a $5/10 blinds table, and a few hands into the game I find myself with 34 suited of hearts, an OK hand. Action comes to me, no raises have been made, I have the button, so I decide to call. The small blind calls, and the big blind checks. Now for the flop, it's 567 rainbow, I fly up out of my seat. The small blind, bets $50, the size of the pot. The big blind folds, as do the other players, and action comes to me. Of course, I re-raise him (I'VE FLOPPED A STRAIGHT) to $150. He re raises me all-in and I quickly call.

The only think I had to be worried about was if he had the higher straight, and to my relief, he had 37 off suite! Now, the turn made things interesting, it was the 3 of clubs. The river was even more interesting, the 3 of spades, giving my opponent a full house! Of course I was outraged and I practically threw the computer across the room (after typing in several comments to him).

After I had calmed down, I went on to Worldpokertour.com. I went to the section with a poker odds calculator, and plugged in what had happened. The chances of this happening is 0.83%. This means that you would have to play this hand 121 times to get this outcome. The odds of this happening are unreal, so the only explanation is that Ultimate Bet is greedy, and wants to get big pots to get big rakes. I will never play here again!

Alex

• Mi
      26th of Apr, 2008

variance you tard. you probably have horrible bankroll management.

• Je
      8th of Nov, 2008

I totally agree with you guys, i have played at UB for 3 years now, and the odds that certain hands will come certainly is very suspect. I have played at other sites as well and nothing even comes close to the bad beats and crappy play rewarded. Sure there will be bad beats in poker, but at UB it seems to happen too much. i have watched tables and the play, and have come to an opinion that most of the winners are fixed up by UB. If it could be investigated by a legitimate non-biased party, (all the records and related programs) I am sure that it would be found out that this is true. Their credability is very suspect after it was found that their own pros were cheating people out of millions of dollars. Poker "pro" Russel Hamilton (I use the term loosely as it is in my opinion he is not a pro. Why would a "pro" need to run a cheat program to win? It was done in collusion with UB employees.) was found to be cheating with a computer program that allowed him to see others hole cards. (YES THIS WAS PROVEN) (google UB scams) UB just allowed other players that was found to be cheating with the same program to change their name and continue with their shady scams. (again this was PROVEN through play evaluation by a player as well as an independent investigation by the gaming commission and UB's own "security" dept.) I also believe that UB has poker bot programs that they have set up to fleece money off the players there. I have complained to UB about certain positively identified poker bots, and they refuse to do anything about removing the accounts. This further reinforces many players belief that the games there are fixed. I even have tried headsup blackjack there at UB, and looked at the odds and play of the dealer vs. by the book play and have found that it does not match. Not even close, I have even tried gut play, and could win better than book play, but the odds werent good there either. I play black jack in many casinos and even at other sites and the random card generators at ub are tilted towards UB's favor with out a doubt. For example, the odds of the dealer getting 7 blackjacks in a row is over 2.5 million to 1. Well, I have seen it happen at UB 4 times. I have also seen the dealer get blackjack 12 of 18 hands.
    BOTTOM LINE: UB runs a certainly suspect site and even though their scam was discovered and documented, They are still up to the same old shady scams. I would not be surprised if their site gets shut down when the final report comes out.

• Bl
      5th of Dec, 2008

ROFLMAO! The first statement is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hillarious I have to laugh my a off and make a comment. Just can't help it... It seems that Ultimate Bet actually rewards more aggressive play"
    Poker rewards more aggresive play genius. LOL!!! I didn't even read the rest of the bad beat story cuz they all end the same... But ... that has to be one of the dumbest things anyone has EVER consciously typed. GL haha

• Bl
      5th of Dec, 2008

btw. shawndeeb played over a million dollars worth of blackjack hands in one week end and made a profit of around 45k. On bodog. (an even less known site) I do not play on UB and don't endorse them, but I know pokerstars is legit. The sheer number of hands u can play online is what makes the beats SEEM more frequent. Google him. check those stats...check any of the following players POKER stats:(officialpokerrankings.com/ sharkscope.com) johnnybax, sheets, pearljammer, quasifiction, spacegravy, scossett, apestyles, darinvg, j0hndayt0n(zeroes for O's), z32fanatic, rizen, melbournejoe, not to mention me. LOL. I make a consistent profit in online poker and I'm an amateur/ part-time player. +12k last month. Buy a book. Watch a video( NOT TV, where 99% of the hands are ??? to u)... Poker and gambling are NOT for everyone. Neither is the NFL, MLB or the NBA. Stick to ur dayjob or come give me and all of the other prifotable players(and some donks of course) some more of your money. LOL

• Pb
      26th of Dec, 2008

I have been ripped off each and every time I deposited at UB. Just 2 days ago, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and make a small deposit of $50. The took the money off my credit card, never credited my account, and said they didn't get the money. Spoke to the card company, and they said they did. Never had any problems with my card company. I provided UB a copy of the online statement, and they are still refusing to admit they received the money. I hate that site. Then, a few weeks ago. I actually won a tourney. Just before the final hand where I had all the chips, I was kicked off the site. A $5 buyin paid $1050. I was pissed because I couldn't log back into UB. I went to online support who was rude and said the site was having technical difficulties and send email to support. I tried for hours to get back into UB... 5 days later, they responded by saying that I won the tourney, but they couldn't determine the cause of the disconnection, so they refunded me my buy-in. I kept sending emails and they told me that they are not responsible for lost connections or internet connections on my end. They denied they were having trouble that day, even after I gave them a copy of the conversation with the "Live Support" operator. Not only did i lose on that, but I wasn't able to play any of the other tourneys I registered in, and was only refunded for one.

• Sl
      18th of May, 2009

Couldn't agree more. Spent months studying, and decided to deposit at UB. I put in an extremely small amount ($15) and had built it up to $100 in two days. Sunday comes around, and suddenly every beat starts going against me. Not the typical heartbreakers (AA- KK) but some terribly improbably outcomes. I had pocket aces, bet heavily and was called. Board hits A 9 J. The opposing player bets and I raise him all in. He calls and turns over 3 5 suited (backdoor draw and flush, 1:38 and 1:23 respectively). Turn comes 2, river turns four.

I like to consider myself a rather calm person, but I lost control and fumed for hours.

Sure enough it's not over. I was cleaned out of a $10 tournament that I had a strangle hold on by someone who got pocket kings three times in a row (.0000091 percent chance of that happening by the way) one I had pocket Jacks, the next a pair of queens with ace kicker, and finally lost my ### on catching a flush on the turn only for him to have made a full house on the river.

• Ho
      10th of Oct, 2009
    Ultimate Bet - Total con
    FirePay
    firepay.com

I play poker at Ultimate Bet online. I funded over $6, 000 with FirePay until FirePay temporarily suspended my account for alleged security reasons.

They requested proof of my identity which I forwarded to them. Despite now owing them one dime they did not reinstate my account.

I advised Ultimate Bet that I had switched to Click2Pay which they accepted and invested another $2, 500. Yesterday I decided to make a small withdrawl of $400. Utimate Bet confirmed and I authorized that the funds were to be transmitted to Click2Pay.

Without my permission Ultimate Bet sent the funds to FirePay who illegally confiscated my money claiming that I was someone else. I wrote to both companies explaining that I am not the other person.

Ultimate Bet refused to get involved and walked away although I clearly authorized the funds be paid to Click2Pay. FirePay insists that I am someone else and refused to pay me my money when I do not owe them.

Both of these companies are illegal, using deceptive trade practices and illegally seizing funds. Reasoning with either of them is pointless.

If you do business with either of these parasite companies be forewarned that they are thieves. I have filed a criminal complaint with the State Attorney General's office.

10th of Oct, 2009

I DON'T feel sorry for rich ### gamblers throwing money away, and getting ripped off.

It's very funny, HA, HA!

• Ac
      3rd of Nov, 2009

I am on a poker forum site in southafrica under the name AcerTracer the site is called pokerpros . co .za(no spaces, but look for my thread called "Online Poker"
    here is my initial post on the thread I created:

I would like some views and opinions on this, there may be a thread elsewhere on this topic, so I apologise if there is, but I would like to hear from All of you if you think I'm right, even to a degree(and I don't doubt myself) or if I'm way off the tracks!!!

Online Poker: Like any poker player around the world, We Win Some & We Lose some. Hopefully you win more than you lose, and while we are winning and losing the poker client wins every hand interms of the "rake".
    So you can win big some days and think you're on fire, then the next couple days with the same play you lose big, and you just put it down to the poker outs just being missed and this goes on as a chain reaction from player to player like a domino effect.

Okay, now what I'm Really getting to is that I Believe with online poker, the hole cards you are given draw a board from the flop to the river, because the "Clever Software" knows what you have, and knows what your opponents have and then draws the board to 2 or maybe 3 people for example, being they pro's or donk's they really believe they have the winning hand because of the board that has appeared before them right to the river. The final outcome after serious bets, raises and re raises there is ONE Winner(You think, actually you're wrong), the Pot is made and the RAKE is MADE Too, be it a measly few cents or a good couple Rands/Dollars/Euros/Pounds, There are infact 2 winners for the meanwhile here, who ever really had the Nuts and the Poker Client(who rakes it in every hand) The Pro curses at the Donk, the donk thinks "flip this guy must be a Real Pro", all depending on who Won!!! Then the Winning Player goes off to Play another table or stays on somewhat longer and loses eventually to another "Drawn Board" from the Hole Cards, and the cycle continues from player to player while every hand the players are involved with, there is the RAKE!!!

I have given this some thought for quite some time and believe I am onto something!!!
    After All, we not just playing humans here, there is High Tech Computer Programming Involved, even though they say it's all above board etc, at the end of the day, you playing along side a casino, that needs to pay taxes before it makes it's profits and can "Give Away Bonuses" etc

I've read on the net and in books that only about 1% can make it in the online world of poker, the remaining 99% just waste their money.

What are your thoughts/opinions???

Acer B)

AcerTracer

Expert Boarder

Posts: 113

23rd of Nov, 2009

So far, this year, 2009, on Ultimatebet, I lose 87 percent of all in hands where I am best going in. The site is rigged and I hope someone is caught and jailed over it. Phil Helmuth should be ashamed for what they are doing to the game. 14 people left in a tournament that started with over 500. 10 places pay. I shove with AA, insta call out of position by a slightly SMALLER stack with 85 off. Flop is 883. I lose the hand. Remember ten places paid. If he loses he is out after several hours of play. How and why would he call?
    ONLY if he knew the outcome.

23rd of Nov, 2009

I have logged hundreds and hundreds of miracle cards that have beat me. I too have complained many times to UB. They constantly assure me it is a fair game. I disagree. I play poker all the time. I consistently win in home games and in casinos. I am unable to cosistently win on UB. And, as stated previously, I play extremely well and almost always lose to some crazy long shot hand. I believe UB either has a lot of 'players' playing for them or a bot system. Either way, they ARE cheating. It is very obvious. Joe Cada just won the WSOP with terrible final table play. Twice he is all in with under pairs. Twice he sucks out to save the day. This is what he is used to at UB. Get all in YOU WILL WIN JOE. Unfortunatly it was luck at the WSOP but it is rigged at UB. I have asked UB to correspond with ONE winner in my region of the country. One person who 'wins' on their site. They won't even respond to the question. Not even the question, Are there any winners in my reqion of the country? I think this is very bad for the game. It is old school Vegas stlye game fixing. I love poker and it is a shame that this is happening.

27th of Nov, 2009

I am now at 88.9% videoed and documented losing all in hands when favored preflop at ULTIMATEBET. This site is very, very crooked. Moments ago I shoved all in, in a 20 sng, after a reraise. I had AA, the other guy has, imagine this 83. 8 on the flop, 3 on the turn. This is the 14th time in 2 months I have been either reraised all in with 83 or called and lost. Each time I had 1010 or better. I have some extremely odd things documented from this site.

6th of Dec, 2009
    Samsung Model No C3053 - loss of mobile
    samsung
    India
    Harrysham007@gmail.com

I have lost my mobile at tondiarpet at round 1.30 pm and IME no. 354680/03/1365100 MODEL NO: c3053

• Ri
      7th of Dec, 2009

im in a 20 $ bounty, , no guarantee...its my 2nd of the night BACK TO BACK, same buyin...i didnt have 2 decent hands in 80 ...i didnt open anything...it was all 4-Q, 5-K off etc...the blinds are at 100/200 i have 600 chips or so..MY END IS NEAR, I FINALLY GET AK SUIT SPADES .i speak 1st.I RAISE TO 400 ..THE GUY AFTER ME RERAISES DOUBLE MY BET INSTANT CALL...NO ONE CALLS HIM...HE HAD 67 OFFSUIT AND HIT PAIRS...TOOK ME 2 HOURS TO CALL 3 OR 4 HANDS ...IN THE EARLY GAME AND AT THE END CAME THE CARDS...THIS HAPPENDED IN MY 2ND 20 $$ BOUNTY IN A ROW THAT I WAS CARDDEAD IN THE SAME SPOTS...WHEN I HAD DECENT CARDS LIKE QJ ...NO ONE CALLED...THE PLAYER WAS MIDDLE STACK...DID HE DO IT FOR THE BOUNTY 4$?? EASY TO THINK THAT..BUT EARLY POSITION 67 OFF..FOR SURE HE MIGHT GET RERAISED 4 THAT BOUNTY ..HE WAS READY TO PUSH IT I THINK...ANYWAYS.. ITS HAPPENDED 2TIMES IN 300 GAMES BUT 2 TIMES IN 2/ 10, 20$$+ BUY INS...BUT 10/10 TO OTHERS IF NOT ME.

10th of Dec, 2009

It has to be rigged i read blog after blog with poker players that sound like they know what they are doing clame to be cheated. Ive been playing at Ub for a year now and before that pokerstars mostly. Im officialy lost...I win big in casinos...I win small and loose big at UB...Home cash games i win the most...Is this because im a fish?I dont know anymore...but i know i cant read any more blogs of miracle cards bad odds etc. It happends in poker, and you do see alot more hands in online poker but still..I guess in the end theres always a winner and a looser no matter what...and most people cheat to get to the top in life or to get what they want so what makes you think UB is any dif? I dont..
    Ill stick to my home and casino games and besides they are more fun...Fvck online poker pz...

• Co
      22nd of Dec, 2009

The games there are rigged, for players who make minnimum deposits or ones who make large deposits and cashout after making a win. gets black balled. every good hand they make gets beat in big pots even though they started with best cards and the other player was dominated. this happens from time to time in any game but on this site it happened 31 straight hands where I was leading until last card. I recieved J-6 17 of 20 hands cards no one would play. the hands I won no one had anything and no money was in the pot. Lost 37 straight hands where I had best pocket cards. lost 32 straight hands where my hand was not the best. It seems to me If others can come from behind to win I should be able to do the same at the same rate. they claim to have a Random Number Generator in a 9 player tournament I played 96 hands which I saw 192 pocket cards, 141 of those cards where either a 6 or a 2 what are the odds. I have watched as many as 10 tournaments at a time and watched the players who won, and those who won could never ever win in real life. The game is dishonest without a doubt

• La
      18th of Jan, 2010

UB RNG IS NOT RANDOM. I HAVE PLAYED POKER FOR FIVE YEARS AND I'VE NEVER SEEN SUCH ###

ALSO, THEY ALLOW COLLUSION AND CARD READING TO GO UNCHECKED

IF YOU PLAY ON ULTIMATE BET OR ABSOLUTE POKER GET OFF NOW!!!

• Re
      22nd of Jan, 2010
    Ultimate Bet - Rigged games

I have a degree in mathematics, specializing in statistics. There's something incredibly fishy about the way the cards come out on this site. They should be investigated.

• Ni
      27th of Jan, 2010

lol listen to this. so i win a sat. from 3 dollars into the 80k gaurentee, which is a 215 dollar tournament