Total Woman Gym / Unethical Billing Practices

This company does not honor its month-to-month contracts, makes it impossible to cancel membership, continues to accrue monthly fees (despite no use of facilities) and the script is "please send us your cancellation form".

I have done this THREE times since January and now OWE $700 for not setting foot through the door. ON A MONTH-TO-MONTH contract which I paid 1st and last fees at conception.

Beware.

Ow

More Total Woman Gym Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Me
      Jul 28, 2011

Total Woman requires that all cancellation requests be submitted in writing. Total Woman does not accept phone cancellations. This information is clearly stated on each and every membership agreement. To help accomodate our members Total Woman has 4 ways to cancel a month to month membership. If you are in fact an open ended (month to month) member you can 1. Visit the local facility and sign a cancellation form 2. Fax your written cancellation to 866-594-0296 3. Email your written cancellation to [protected]@totalwomanspa.com or 4. Mail a written cancellation certified return receipt to our Member Services Dept at 4530 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd, Ste #200 in Westlake Village, CA 91362.

If you are unusure if you are a month to month member or require additional information about your account please contact our Member Services Dept at 805-497-8057. Total Woman is always happy to help our members.

• To
      Dec 23, 2011

Everyone should read their agreement before signing it, and if you dont all your fault. I hate when ppl say "who reads their agreement" of "what in the fine print" if you do it right the first time you wont have any problems. just saying . I always read or ask questions before signing and so far have not had a problem with my gym

• Vi
      Feb 01, 2017

I completely agree with the above complaint. The billing practices are unethical as they come. You are asked to sign a contract via an electric pen pad as they pretend to summarize what you are signing. YOU ARE NOT GIVEN PAPER TO SIGN AND READ. It is, indeed very difficult to cancel and furthermore, they are BEYOND unhelpful with any issue brought to their attention. Absolutely ZERO on customer service/customer retention. They will charge you without your consent and raise your membership whenever they feel like it...no opt out time? hmm...seems illegal, doesn't it!? Why would anyone feel compelled to sign up during a "sale" if you rate isn't even guaranteed? how creepy is that?! I am done with them. What a disgusting company.