Star Vacation Club / Lies, lies and lies

1 1920 Thoreau Dr. NSchaumburg, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 847.303.5721

I am completely appalled how these people can do this. I am a seventeen year old high school graduate who answered their call 3 days ago. The person who told me that I had won one of the "5" guaranteed prizes even ended up giving me his private cell number to contact him for information about this. They said I could've won either an APPLE IPOD TOUCH, $20, 000 GRAND PRIZE, $500 CASH, 3 DAY TRIP, and who knows what other thing they threw in. I was more excited at the fact that this had been the first "set of good news" in a while... My father had just been injured again at work. His works comp check hasn't come since january. Some ignorant girl rearended me and its a 4000 dollar hit which her parents are arguing to pay for. This is middle class. Thats what it means to be in the US nowadays and it breaks my heart to know that these kids [because the guy that told me about he supposed prize is only 19] are lining for 10 dollars an hour [he told me his wages] and have no remorse for it. Luckily, I have tried to get in the mind of this guy and ask him why he chose to be aliening marketer and he replied a job is a job...

But i don't agree with that, with my persuading arguments about why this type of "job" if you wanna call it that, is wrong,
hes been able to realize what horrid things he has been causing for innocent people... my appointment would've been with my father at 1030 today, saturday the 14th of june, but thanx to a quick little google search and the complaints of all you generous people who took the time to type in their feedback and situations... you prevented me and my father from wasting our time, gas, and energy.

I sincerely thank you for it. I know I'm just 17, but this type of thing is something that affects anyone, regardless of age or location.

FYI:
The office they were planning on sending me and my father was the following

Star Vacation Club
1920 Thoreau Dr. N
Suite 151
Schaumburg, IL 60173
847.303.5721

They offer many incentives, like $50 gas rebate, dinner for 2
all untrue.

Please, beware of all this stuff... I can't believe how easily i almost fell into the trap.

Da

Comments

• Ab
      19th of Jun, 2008

I recieved this call today telling that I won one of five prizes and had to go to STAR Vacation the one in Gauadoulpe street in Gilber Arizona. I believed them at the beginning. Then I decided to go to the computer and check the name of this company and luckily I found the complains. I have doubts and they come true. Beware anyone who gets this call they are robbers.

• Em
      20th of Jun, 2008

... I 've got the same thing this week, they call me twice already, I told them that was too good to be true !I guess the comments above just confirm my doubts about this people !!
    Thank you !

• Ro
      27th of Jun, 2008

I also received a call that I have been pulled out of a contest to receive some gifts; all I had to do was spend 90 minutes learning about there company and that sounded fine to me. So I booked my time and visited the office in Gilbert. Now they did try to sell me, but when I declined to sign up they gave me my gifts and I showed myself out. I received an all inclusive-vacation to Mexico, $50 gas voucher, and $25 dinner. The only out of pocked was the taxes on the trip by law I have to pay so I'm not mad about that at all. End of story.

Now i have read many postings about people complaining about this company and I think I have found something in common with you all. YOU ARE CHEAP AND BROKE!!! Like this kids sob story about him and his broke ### Dad. It makes me sick! Also I'm sure they asked his age and income just like they asked me, and he lied just to get the gifts.

If you don't want to spend 90 minutes and a couple pennies then don't be a parasite!

• Pa
      18th of Jul, 2008

I almost fell for it too. I cancelled 5 hours before my appt tonight. . Michael didn't tell me until my third phone call (to confirm the facts) that this event was sponsored by Star Vacations, not IMG as I was orginally told.

I just wondered how I would feel if I won the big prize and had to give them my SS# for the IRS form. I knew I couldn't do that - so I cancelled.

After I cancelled, I googled Star Vacations and came across this site. Thanks for posting your messages.

The office I was contacted by was:

Star Vacation Club

Thanks again
    PA

• Le
      18th of Jul, 2008

Anyone who believes in a free lunch needs to get a freakin grip! NO SUCH THING! Always strings attached.