spinecore corporation

Posted:

failing to fully inform patient about product information and use patient to test new design without informing them.

4.05
57 brandon ave, wayne nj 07470
Wayne, New Jersey
Phone: 8622625451
My daughter was dignosed with scliosis. I came a cross spinecore web site and it seemed like it was a good choice for me at the time. I called their 800 number and I was referred to dr Oullette how later I found out works out of Atlanta and he let me to beleive he was the only one of the experts in US for this type brace. He he fitted my daughter into the new design but failed to tell me that it was still in testing not only that but he didn't fit her in the right size shorts. The shorts were too small for her. On our first visit her promised to send us bigger size that never happened. I paid $4000 on the first visit for a brace that didn't fitt. pls give me a call they doctors are abusing the fact that parents like me are so desparate to do the best for their children that they are robbing us.
Complaint comments Comments (18) Complaint country United States Complaint category Medical Negligence and Deficiency

Comments

N  15th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
WHY is there no spinecor in philipines. need braces spinecor braces badly but dont know where to get it? and who to go to .
N  10th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
@sam Trust me. You need to stay away from these over priced braces.
N  28th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
Spinecor is in Malaysia. www.scoliosis.com.my and we brace quite a fair numer of filipino patients
D  3rd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I happen to know Brian Oulette and he is very accomplished at bracing people utilizing the spinecor brace. Certainly the brace is expensive but no more than buying your child orthodontic braces. Having put three kids through braces, I know of what I speak. As to your reference to using the pants rather than the pelvic base, with its crotch and thigh bands; I am sure Brian was thinking of your daugther's comfort. In my opinion the pants represent a great innovation over the pelvic base. My guess is that your anger comes from buying a 4, 000.00 brace and then dealing with your daughters non compliance. We must remember that these braces are not magic they must be worn to work. As far as your not receiving the correct size shorts. The pelvic brace and or shorts both represent an anchor that must be imovable in order for the brace to work. However if it is true that the shorts are the wrong size call the 800 number and remind Brian that he was going to send you some.
N  10th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
@W.E. DeRegibus No. I do not believe the patient was non-compliant. I believe that if brace worked or helped they would not be complaining about it.

It does not matter how nice s person is. The big bad wolf in Red Riding Hood was nice, too.
N  14th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am in Canada, My daughter was diagnosed with sever scoliosis. A practice called Innovative Chiropractor recommended the spine core. After paying 3800., I found out that her degree did not qualify for it, it was to high. I questioned the chiropractor about it, told him I spoke to the inventor of Spine Core (he is a spinal surgeon) and he said it would not work, she would only qualify for surgery! The Chiropractor disagreed! I am now out 3800. plus xrays, the only good thing is my daughter has had her spinal surgery and is progressing well. This is what I call taking advantage of distraught parents that are willing to do anything they can to help their children and should be stopped!
N  10th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Distraughtcompletely Yes. These doctors take HUGE advantage of people's pain. Then have you sign a paper agreeing to no refunds. That alone should make people run. These braces are also NOT custom fitted. They come out of a box. The only thing "custom" about it is how long the piece of stretch spandex is. And that probably only costs $2.00.

Anyone can contact me that is thinking about buying one of these. I can tell my personal experience.

The brace caused huge issues for me. 2 surgeries that I would never have done if this brace had not made me so much worse!! Fact!!!
A  22nd of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
My daughter has been fit with a SpineCor brace. I was going to go through Dr Oullette. I was not feeling very good with my contact with them and thing seemed kind of odd when it came to insurance. So I started looking for other options. I am not sure if I have insurance coverage yet, but I found an orthotist who offers this brace and they will work with my orthopedist to ensure the brace is working correctly. My daughter has been given a brace to try out to ensure it works right before we commit to buying. The orthotist told me also the Soft pants brace IS NOT APPROVED TO TREAT SCOLIOSIS. It is for back pain. Becker orthopedic supplies this brace in the US. Go to the web site at this url http://www.beckerortho.com/spinecor.htm and see the brochures for yourself. I am not affiliated with spinecor or Becker I am just a concerned parent and wanted to report my findings.
N  10th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
@just_me33 You were very smart. I wish I had seen this site before going through with buying a brace from Dr. Brian Oulette. My gut instinct told me to not buy it. But he talked a good game. I did not want surgery.

I ended up with 2 other surgeries. Their no refund policy for no reason should scare anyone away. I questioned it. But he insisted it would help me. Lol. Always trust your gut. In my case it hurt my poor gut pretty bad.
N  25th of Apr, 2011 by    +1 Votes
My daughter received the spinecor brace at 34 degrees and after 3 months she was 44 degrees, her breace was adjusted so the curve went to 39 degrees. Bottom line spinecor may not work for her, but then bracing of any kind does not always work. She was fitted by dr. Paris in maryland who was trained by dr. Ouellette. My insurance did cover part of the cost. We have accepted that it may not work and now we are looking into schroth, and will be seeing a top surgeon at Georgetown. She has a large torso and low muscle tone so we don't believe rigid bracing would work any better.
N  24th of Mar, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I think I can supply some helpful information regarding the above complaints. First of all, there are NO ORTHOTISTS certified/accredited to fit or purchase the SpineCor brace in the U.S. Secondly, Dr. Ouellette and his company are leading providers of the SpineCor brace. The comment about "odd" insurance issues probably stem from the complaintant having poor insurance or Medicaid, which does not cover the brace, yet will cover much more costly spinal surgery (go figure). The reason that Dr. Ouellette gave me for not providing the brace in-network is that he couldn't be in business providing the brace because it is a large part of the cost to the Dr. and patient. By the way, I will also comment on Schroth and any other exercise programs that supposedly correct scoliosis. Unfortunately, if you exercise to fix one dimension of the curve (which any exercise is limited to), you are likely to cause a reaction that will increase your curvature. You should only exercise while in a corrected position in order to build muscle and memory that supports a corrected position.
N  10th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
@TimSandersen Your comment seems biased. The brace is no way worth the cost. The fact that it is useless in so many cases and worsens problems by the looks of these complaints makes it a travesty considering what the cost is. I am truly hoping that Karma does prevail.
N  10th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
I wish I had seen these complaints before being another victim. Hopefully there will be a lawsuit against this kind of travesty soon.

This is the agreement they will have you sign. So please be aware. They are basically saying they could care less if this never helps or even hurts you. This is a huge some of money to just throw away.
Photo did not load.
A  10th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
Also Dr. Ouelette told me there was no complaints. My bad for being gullible enough to believe him.
N  3rd of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have severe rotational scoliosis. I recently spoke with Dr. Tom Pappas who works with Dr. Oulette in Mesa, Az. I'm currently trying to find the $5000 they quoted me for the brace. After 15 yrs. of pain and disability my breathing and digestion are becoming affected. I'm 66 and still have people to live for, so this could be a Godsend if it helps. After reading these comments, I'm not sure what to do. pmdeyo@yahoo.com
N  4th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
Deyo...The brace itself is nothing but spandex and Velcro straps. Very cheap. I have seen many therapists and doctors since purchasing it. It made my pain much rites and you will not get a dime of a refund. You will be curved to sign a paper that releases them of any obligation. I had a legal friend look at it. She said it looked like a way to
scam people out if their money.

I have since found much better ways to help myself . Please be aware that they are protecting only themselves by you signing the agreement. I have attached what I had to sign. 3 days later I contacted them and they said no way they would refund. These braces are NOT custom made either. They come out of a box. The straps are only thing that they cut to a size and they just attach with cheap Velcro. I am sure they may have $5.00 invested in the straps. Not $5000!!!

N  4th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Sickofscammers2017 Sorry about typos. I meant to say it made my pain much worse. Plus I was forced to sign that paper to try brace.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree