Secure Gas Redemption / Not receiving the $25.00 gas cards

Secure Gas Redemption
I bought furniture at Linder's Furniture store in Murrieta, California. As part of the promotion I was to get "$500.00 in free gas". I received the information, sent in my $5.00 processing fee, collected the required $100.00 in gas receipts for 2 months, sent those in with the vouchers for both December, 2008 and January, 2009 by their respective deadlines and have received nothing as of this date. I have tried to email the company at info@securegasredemption.com several times and I have tried to call the company at [protected] and I haven't been able to get through for the past 2 weeks. Is this a scam or what?? I want my $500.00 in gas cards.

A  10th of Feb, 2009 by
A  13th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I'm right with you Frank. Like you, I have submitted my receipts too, and even received an automated email response via email that all of my receipts have been received, and in godo standing, but still NO $25.00 GIFT CARD!!!
A  13th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have had the same experience with this organization. I had my $5.00 "initiation" fee processed by them and now have sent four months of receipts in and am yet to receive a gift card. I have even sent receipts via certified mail and someone on the other end is signing for the mail yet still no response. I am frustrated with this organization and also with Linder's for baiting me with this promotion. They would never have received my business otherwise and never will again.
N  16th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We also purchased furniture from Linders furniture store in Torrance, CA. The idea of receiving free gas with this purchase was an important factor to us as gas was nearing $4 a gallon. We have saved our receipts, and submitted them as directed since October 2008! I spoke to someone once, around December and was also told that they were a little behind in sending out the gift cards, but not to worry, because my first gift card would be for #50, because of the delay. Well as of today, Feb. 16, 2009 I have not received anything, and my email that I sent was returned as an error! Oh by the way, I called a day or so prior to sending the email and the message said to check the number that I was dialing! We are very upset, because we thought that this was a legitimate promotion, and feel that Linders acted irresponsibly in offering this deal to their customers. We may not have purchased the t.v. and stand at that time had it not been for the lure of gas vouchers. I GUESS THIS IS A SCAM, AND SHAME ON LINDERS FOR NOT RESEARCHING THIS COMPANY THOROUGHLY!!!
A  21st of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I received this $225 gas card from Bev's toyoto. I have done everything as required including the $5 up front money. I sent in from September and have not received any gas cards. Now, there phones are disconnected and you cannot contact them. I have been scammed. We need to report this.
Nancy -
A  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My husband and I purchased tires because of this $500. in free gas incentive. We purchased the tires last year from BIG O. Feb. 21 to be exact. We did everything we were supposed to do, and eventually in the summer we received 2 gas cards at once. We never received anything else. Can't call them and our e-mails won't go through. I would love to know who I can complain to, but more importantly how can I get my $450. in gas cards!!!
A  4th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
YEP, I have been trying for 6 months now! NOthing and now the phone line doesnt work. No response from emails. IT IS A SCAM! Im not wasting my time sending anything in anymore. They are a scam and I received this redemption from SUNdance vacations. SO I believe they are sending out more scam gas redemptions as we speak.
A  4th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I to have not been having anyluck on getting in contact with them. We bought our furniture from Ashley Furniture in Montana. I also recieved emails confirming my recipits. The phone number i got was 1-727-466-4384 i have repeatedly called and no responce. I agree i want my$ 500.00 worth of gas. I will be contacting my attorney generals office plus the better business .
N  6th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Unfortunately, its very similar to a ponzi scheme...The store Linders pays for these certificates and gives them out to the customer. Once the customer gets it, it is very difficult to get certificates if any. They used these with the car industry and now they have moved to the furniture industry. I believe they are doing free groceries now. TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
N  11th of Mar, 2009 by
I contacted Linders about the gas card. They said they are dealing with another company now since the previous company is being investigated by the attorney general and would not return their calls. They said they are dealing with another gas redemption company and would be sending the vouchers to me so I can start with this new company. I don't know yet if this new company is a scam too, but I'm going to try one last time.
A  13th of Mar, 2009 by
I purchase a car from a local dealer last April and was promise the free gas card each month until I reached 500 and have not recieved anything. When you call the number they give you on the paper it is no longer in service so you have no way of contacting them and they do not return emails. When I spoke to someone in December 2008 they claimed the computers crashed and they had notified people by email but I never recieved one. This is the biggest JOKE.
A  19th of Mar, 2009 by
Same happen to me with a Linders purchase in Torrance..Just had my last recepts returned to sender "me" address does not exist..Scam..Linders needs to go under..
N  25th of Mar, 2009 by
I have had the same issue. I called linders and they gave us another 800 to call. we called that number durning their business hours and you cant leave a message. I've sent the gas redemption an email but it comes back as a unknown domian name. I think we need to have a class action law suit against linders. I want my 500 back. who is with me on a class action law suit for false advertising.

stephenbrownjr@hotmail.com my email address..
A  9th of Apr, 2009 by
Please count me in if a class action law suit is going to be processed. My sister and I have also bought furniture from there and have not received a single cent. I went into Linder's 2 weeks ago, and the manager took down my info. and said that a representative would call me with info. on what needed to be done next. I'm still waiting for that call. I want to warn those who are thinking of buying furniture and hoping to get market dollars. I don't think there's a guarantee for this. Be aware! I do hope the owner of Linder's will step up and have this resolved quickly.
A  2nd of Jul, 2009 by
UPDATE: Voucher promoter BBZ files Chapter 11
Consumers complained about retail incentive program
Heath Combs -- Furniture Today, July 2, 2009
HIGH POINT — BBZ Resource Management, which offered a free gas and grocery voucher incentive program tied to purchases of furniture and other products, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

The filing in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Arizona has few details, listing both assets and liabilities of between $1 million to $10 million.

Several Better Business Bureau offices began issuing alerts about Mesa, Ariz.-based BBZ this month after receiving more than 225 complaints from 40 states about its gift card voucher program. In addition, KNXV-TV in Phoenix reported that the Oregon attorney general's office is investigating BBZ as a possible pyramid scheme.

The vouchers were offered as promotions by retailers including furniture stores, electronics chains and car dealers, among others. Typically, they advertised $100 to $500 worth of free gas or groceries with purchases.

Vouchers were sold to retailers via brokers by BBZ. Consumers were to send BBZ receipts from gas and grocery purchases, and BBZ was supposed to issue gift card rebates adding up to the total offer of the promotion.

Most of the complaints were for non-receipt of gift cards, delays in getting them, non-activation of the cards, or that they were only good for a gas station outside of consumer's area, the BBB said.

Ashley Furniture HomeStores was one of the largest furniture retailers to sell the vouchers. Steve Phillips, who co-owns six Ashley stores located mostly in St. Louis, ran the promotion in February and said he'd recently begun to be deluged with complaints.

Phillips said he has set up a Web site to handle the complaints and has begun working with a new company, through representatives that sold him the voucher program, to redeem customers' certificates.

Kerry Lebensburger, Ashley Furniture president of sales, said BBZ claimed the program was bonded and insured, and suggested that participants in the program talk to their lawyers about seeking those funds.

BBZ claimed to have issued 160, 000 certificates in March, the St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times reported.

Furniture/Today was unable to reach BBZ, whose offices refer all inquiries by phone to a Web site. Bankruptcy papers listed the president of BBZ as Justin Elenburg.

The BBB reported that it believed the company was run by Troy Warren. Furniture/Today was unable to reach Warren's attorney, Peter Gorski.