Richard Pintar BMD Breeder / bernese mountain dog breeder

1 Canada Review updated:

I had a terrible experience with breeder RICHARD PINTAR of Coldwater (Barrie) ON, who I found on Kijiji. I travelled from Windsor to Barrie to pick out my BMD puppy from Richard, provided my deposit of $250, and began counting down the days until I could bring my pup, "Burt" home. On June 8th I contacted Richard to confirm the time of pick-up for Saturday June 10th, only to be told he had sold my puppy to someone else because he had "lost my contact information." Richard had emailed me a copy of my receipt and spoken to me multiple times on the phone, so this is nearly impossible. Richard made no attempt to compensate for this wrong-doing and advised that the whole litter was sold and hung up the phone. This has been absolutely devastating. DO NOT BUY FROM RICHARD PINTAR.

Wi
Jun 14, 2017

Comments

• Ke
      14th of Dec, 2018

I have info for you about him if you like. He is a puppy mill

• Pa
      15th of Jan, 2019

@Kelly St. Pierre We have been looking for a Burnese cross for some time (difficult to find) and found him on Kijiji as well. He has one puppy left. As we are over 3 hours away and saw a complaint about him selling a dog that had a deposit on it, we are hesitant to deal with him. Seeing this thread has made me even more hesitant. Can you send me any info? Thanks so much.

• Sh
      20th of Jan, 2019

We bought an adorable Bordernese from Richard. When we picked up the puppy, his wife stood outside and said “bye bye, don’t come back” to the puppy. We thought that was odd considering the money we paid for the puppy. Richard had promised we could meet the father dog when we came to pick up the puppy, but he was no where around when we arrived and the wife seemed more interested in getting us out quickly so we never meet the father of our puppy.
    A year later when our pup developed a noticeable limp my husband emailed Richard asking if any of the litter or the parents had issues with limping. There was no response from him. We took our pup to the veterinarian and had no background information to provide because Richard didn’t care enough to respond to us.
    We are love our beautiful dog but wouldn’t recommend dealing with this breeder . It really felt like he took the money and ran!