R Wild Horse Ranch / Equity fraud

R Wild Horse Ranch
I am still trying to extract substantial justice in extricating myself from the misrepresented "value" and "equity" of this "timeshare".

N  28th of Sep, 2009 by
I am curios about the specifics of your comment as I am looking to possibly purchase a share in R Wild Horse Ranch.
N  6th of Mar, 2010 by
We have been Owners for over 15 years and we love it! I tell people it's like a condominium without walls and carpet. The shareholders own the 22 square miles of outdoor recreation facility. It's like owning your own state park complete with improvements. It's a private community and has its own government, but you can't live there. It's not a time share, it's a common interest development... like a condo, except it's all common area with cabins, motels, full hook-up RV sites, pools, hot tub, spa lodges, horse barn with string horses & wranglers. When you're there it's yours, when you're gone it's somebody eles's. At the very least it is a 'must see for free' kinda of a thing.

Hope this helps,

N  19th of Apr, 2011 by
Very misrepresented at sell. Ranch management allows dual share owners and special friends to rip off single share owners rights by never having to move RV off ranch. Single share owners get the crapy scrap sites if any are left. Dual share owners switch sites with each other with full support from ranch and it is not what is in the rules!! Complete misrepresentation of the product being sold by the R Wild Horse Ranch. Easy lawsuit if you ask me.
N  28th of Sep, 2017 by
@Join the Suit Not a rip off at all. If a person owns two shares, they would be able to park an RV using one and then the other. No different than different people with a total of two shares.
N  5th of Nov, 2017 by
@karric Except that there is a rule that you have to pull your trailer off for a FULL WEEK...and no, the people with two shares do not abide by that rule and hog their spaces for years and the ranch manager and the board looks the other way.
N  29th of Mar, 2013 by
I'm not an owner but I am thinking about buying a share. What are you a dummy? Did you buy this as an investment? That was your first problem. I would only buy this to use and not to try and build "value and equity" as you put it. Get over it.
N  31st of May, 2015 by
We are inheriting a share and do not live in the area. Are there any interested buyers out there???
N  2nd of Aug, 2015 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I purchased a share in 1987 and was encouraged to purchase that week end because the price would go up in the very near future. I was also told I could refinance the property. I was also told to think of this as an investment (i.e. the property would increase in value) . I was also told the property was will-able (no mention of the life long commitment to pay the every rising yearly assessments that went along with the will-able Grant Deed) These are just some of the misrepresented facts that were used on me to encourage me to buy. I did not realize that I was lied to for about three years when I noticed the selling prices were in fact the same and the property was depreciating in value and the yearly assessments were increasing every year. I paid off the note and kept the assessments up to date to keep my share free from any more debt. I entered in to a buy back program in 2004 and attempted to sell it back ... R-Ranch dragged their feet for a few years (mean while I paid my yearly assessment) and the program became non-existent (how convenient). I am currently being sued for this years assessment (2015) My advice to you is to enter into this knowing you will be committing your self to a life long commitment to pay the yearly assessments (approx. $1200+/year) and dealing with these people is not pleasant by any means ... I found the staff and the paid employees to less than hospitable ... "Ownership" means nothing.
D  11th of Aug, 2015 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have been an owner of 2 shares since 1999, and yes, the annual dues have increased slightly each year, the current assessments are only $1080, not $1200 annually and it is a worth while investment for the amenities available to owners. People buy into R Wild Horse ranch for exclusive use and enjoyment of the private property, horses, gun range and off road facilities, which is over 14, 000 acres to share with 2200+ owners. We go up once a month, driving 4 hours to get there, but knowing our fellow owners and seeing familiar faces is better than going to any town camp ground and not knowing anyone, or what to expect . You don't invest into R Ranch or ANY timeshare equivalent to gain equity, but for the rights of use.
A  19th of Aug, 2015 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
It is a financial money pit that you will have hell trying to fit out of. I tried to sell my membership for $1000 and no takes, so I tried give my membership away and couldn't. You don't have to buy a membership, there are plenty of people who will willing stick you with the annual dues and the annual added restrictions
N  2nd of Dec, 2015 by
They just increased the assessment by over 20% to $1500 a year for 2016. $250 increase in just one year.
N  28th of Sep, 2017 by
@Ronald Creswell Which R-ranch are you talking about because that is not the assessment costs in Platina.
N  8th of Jan, 2016 by
Is anybody still looking to get rid of their deed, I'm interested in the property, for the money you pay for the year do they make any improvements?
N  15th of May, 2016 by
I am looking to take over someone's interest for tje cost of the yearly fees marceehanson@gmail.com
D  20th of Nov, 2016 by
I was an original owner at the ranch. It was a great place to raise the kids and a fun place to get away to. You do not go into any shared equity, which is what the ranch is, or any timeshare with the hopes of making a profit. The ranch was designed to be used by owners and their guests. Yes, there is a yearly assessment fee, just as a condominium has a monthly HOA fee. But that fee pays for all the upkeep of the facilities, the roads, utilities, insurance, the horses and the workers. I paid about $6, 000 for my share, I can see that I won't get anything close to that, but I'll take what I can get when the time comes, probably in 1 year.
N  2nd of Sep, 2017 by
Hearing the words "lifetime commitment" that is all I need to know. I am not looking for something that will collect money from me forever, seems like the shares would be nearly impossible to sell..
N  15th of Dec, 2017 by
There is nothing wrong with having ownership of R-Ranch. Yes, it does cost around $1300 for what amounts to a Homeowner Association annual due. I have about the same dues for my HOA in Concord and I don't make use of the facilities but they do keep up the grounds, pools, tennis courts, clubhouse and security. But it takes 3.5 hours from Concord to R-Ranch, you have haul up camping equipment and bedding ...etc and we are getting old for that. It was not a problem 30 years ago. So if anyone is interested in taking it over, we would entertain offers to sell it for $1. Email: dleong@astound.net