Pc Pro Schools / Scam

1 Grand Rapids, MI, United States Review updated:

PC Pro is a complete scam. I was scammed by the admissions rep (sales jockey) to coming to this over priced school. They promise the world but only deliver $26, 000 in debt. The credits do not transfer and employers are not interested in a non-degree. Certifications are great but need a degree to back it up. I could have completed a degree for that price. I feel that they are feeding of people’s desperation here in Michigan but cannot deliver anything but debt.

More Pc Pro Schools Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Mm
      5th of Jan, 2014

If you guys believe that you are a victim of scam and fraudulent activities then here's your chance to get em, contact this http://gsicintl.wix.com/gsic and they will help you.

• St
      5th of Jan, 2014

I received all certificates offered, plus was one of only 2 females in class, which all staff told me was a shoe in for a job. I watched my lead instructor get fired, plus 3 other personnel get fired in my 6 months there. I also went on 13 interviews. All potential employers said they would prefer if I had a degree. Not certificates. Also, going into job field with no experience and only 6 months training is a huge negative. In all my interviews, they said they were going with someone with more experience. Of my 22 classmates, I only know of three who got jobs in IT. One of whom, was hired by PC pro as an assistant instructor. I am not plCing all blame on PC pro though, I was easily swayed by the promise of a career. But I will say that I remained in contact with former instructor and this person has told me that school is just trying to make money and that this person was very frustrated because he/she tried to help students in a losing situation.

22nd of Sep, 2011

WCH, there must be a reason why it was expanded to ten months. hmmm... Maybe they feel that the extra four months allow them to better prepare their students for the workforce. Tho I can't see why that would be necessary. All of their students are incredibly successful with only six months training. Ask them. Its their selling point.

Could it really be that people aren't willing to hire someone who only had six months training? I believe so, cuz it didn't help me. And to be more acurate, I went during the day, not nights, and I had my MCSA in only four months. Top student. Never failed an exam. First in line to receive no results or benefit for my money.

• Aw
      7th of Sep, 2011

I am really glad that I thought to research this place before I did anything. I went for the informational seminar, and already they were having me do a free school application, and by the end of the night the PC Pro Director in Grand Rapids, Michigan, was already telling me that I have 24-48 hours to sign so I could get the financial aid she told me about. THOSE WERE RED FLAGS!!! Also they made it seem like the seminar that I was going to attend would be full. When I got there they had seven chairs, and I was the only one there. Thats the first red flag that hit me, if the school is so popular why was I the only one at the seminar? Also they told me the classes where filling up fast, when I was there a class was going on, and it had like five people out of 30-40 chairs. Are you kidding me? Not to mention the commerials on the radio said six months, when I got to the seminar they said ten (hmmmm...fishy..). Then came the tuition the base tuition she told me was $28, 000 WTF????? For 10 months?? I just graduated a four year university, into a horrid economy where I can't find a honest paying job non the less, but that is about what it cost to attend one year at a big time school, with an actual real physical campus instead of a few small rooms that Pc Pro's calls a campus. There's red flags all over this place people, I almost beleived what they were telling me, but I trusted my instincts, and it seems that my instincts are right. By the way the only way you could have failed their Readiness test, is if you were three years old, and you were born with no fingers. They lead you to beleive that they only select the smart people becuase of this test, but don't be fooled my dog could have gotten a passing grade (sorry Jasmine).

• Th
      28th of Aug, 2011

I whole heartily agree. PCPro is a big scam. I will sign a formal complaint.

• Fo
      2nd of Aug, 2011

Well after reading all of above posts I would like to point out something new. As of yesterday the latest and greatest PCPro Radio Ad ran after the Brickyard 400 7-30-2011. And quote "We guarantee that you will have a full time job no more than six months after you graduate from their program or we will refund your Tuition." Now I am sure that there are some hidden clauses about that guarantee but, I dont really care because am accredited school is not allowed to say that. Personally I am a victim of this school, yes I paid the insane amount to take the class and in the end have no job. I had the highest GPA of my entire class and tutored the others in my class, and graduated with a 3.97 over all GPA. Now I am dealing with career services and yes they turn me onto jobs that are like the ones above for little to no pay and many miles from my location. My only choice is to do it on my own and continue educating myself in other areas that employers want. Yes I can probably kiss that money goodbye and well they are good at getting around the small print and from the research i have found that they tend to come out guns ablazing when someone says they did wrong or ripped someone off and I guess scare the person into backing down. Well its time they faced the music for the actions they have done to people who were bad off then and now worse off with a monthly payment and still no or a low paying job. So in closing I would like anyone who reads this who has been to this school or is thinking of suck please email me @ former.student.pcpro@gmail.com. I would love to hear the past stories so maybe we as a group can come together and take a stand.

Former Student.

former.student.pcpro@gmail.com

• Ba
      18th of Apr, 2011

OK - So I am a SysAdmin looking to fill a helpdesk - network admin position. With all the hype on the radio about PC Pro I figured I'd do some research to see if any of the graduates actually know the difference between tcp and udp.

IMHO one rule is certain. You get what you pay for. Graduate from M.I.T, University of Virgina (Great C.S. Program) U.C. Berkley. You get a high paying job. Graduate from Community College, PC Pro, ITT Tech... All I can say is "You want Fries with that"?

If it is of any consequence to those here who feel ripped off, know that I will not be contacting PC Pro for future employment needs

8th of Apr, 2011

haha, as I was typing the last note, I got this weeks "leads"

Monster, Dice, Sologig, MilwaukeeJobs. Teksystems has been looking for this level 2/3 for over a year now.

Why should she need to send us ads for helpdesk when the entire school specializes in producing helpdesk workers? Shouldn't she be calling these posts and saying we have dozens (if not hundreds) of students available and trained to fill your needs? You'd think these companies would be greatful for that service.

Pretty much speaks for itself.

8th of Apr, 2011

Yeah, I got the same thing. I'll ignore it. they'll be sure to drop me if it means less responsibility for them.

I was gonna use the lottery example too. My gas station can say "look at all the ten dollar winners we sell, we 'could' sell you a multimillion dollar ticket too". just don't hold your breath.

1st of Apr, 2011

I agree with you, BJ. The fry cook scenario just doesn't happen. Despite what the sale rep errr... I mean admissions person says.

After sending back my email about my lack of success, I am getting the same old copy/paste job leads from Laura. There are NO insider job lead of any kind. In fact, I just got an email from Laura saying that if I wanted to remain on the active job leads email, I had to respond back to this email within a week. You spend 25K and this is the treatment you get?!?!?! What is she doing? Searching the job boards just like EVERYONE else. How hard is that?

Ive said it before, and Ill say it again: DO NOT GO TO PC PRO. I liken their success stories to winning the lottery; it happens to a few lucky ones, and thats it. Regardless of how much hard work YOU put in.

24th of Mar, 2011

Back at ya RG,

I sent Laura an email a couple months ago saying if all these great jobs are getting got like they say on 'the click', what have you got for me two years out of school? She sent me another list of temp agencies, almost all of whom have interviewed me and disregarded me for my lack of experience. A "tough sell" one finally told me the truth. She then started sending me the same stale, week old "leads" every friday that she pulled of the same web boards that I had already surfed and applied for on monday or tuesday. She has no "leads" any better than what I already see publicly posted. She has no "in" with anyone of consequence.

I like Laura, I think she's a good person, but I also think she has to do the best with what she has for no reason other than she needs to keep her own butt employed. I don't hold it against her, but she can't work with what she hasn't got, which is all the connections PCPro claims to have. That's the part that bothers me the most. The half truths and vagaries that keep them out of court for their deception.

Most of their "successes" they post bragging about 'wow' salaries are people who advanced in a feld they were already in. The certs were gravy. Some aren't even IT related. Even the entry level successes are nothing more than someone going from some call center into an IT call center. Certainly no "this guy was a fry cook and now he's an admin" stories. They don't happen.

18th of Mar, 2011

Nice to see ya here, BJ or WM. :)

So, I replied back to that email saying something to the effect that "if I had a success story to share I would. But I am still stuck in my same 3rd shift factory job as before. the only difference now is that I am much farther in debt."
    Next thing I know, I got an email from Laura Polancich saying shed like my most recent resume so she can start sending me job leads! A nice gesture, but its still the same copy/paste job leads from the various boards.

If youd like, BJ Id be more than happy to forward you that email. Just leave me a yahoo address or something and Ill send it to you. That way, you can reply back like I did and get back on the job search. If you want to do that, let me know.

17th of Mar, 2011

That would be me, RecentGrad. Bet your not recent any more...

I have not received this. I must be too busy getting rich in my new fast paced career that they don't want to bother me.

I get an occasional call from recruiters who see my resume on careerbuilder or dice, but they all run away when I tell them I have no on the job experience. The one job I had a real shot at phone support told me I was too smart, I would hate the job and I would quit on them. Another company I interviewed with told me they had a lot of PCPro applicants interviewing, crying they can't find a job. Said they were the ones featured in the ads as success stories. I wish I was making that up.

12th of Mar, 2011

Sorry about my previous post. Apparently it didnt like apostrophes. Anyway here goes round 2:

I got an emal from an Alexandra Loehre from PC Pro. She wants me to share my success story with them. If I had one to share, I would. But I dont. Unless you count being 25k farther in debt a success story. I sure dont.

Here is the copy of the email I received. Anyone else get this one? WastedMoney are you Bob Jones on bloggernoob?

We invite you, as a successful PC Pro graduate, to join in an exciting contest we are holding. One winner will receive an HP Slate Tablet!

Because of your hard work and success as a PC Pro graduate, we feel your story should be shared.

Contestants are asked to complete a short (1-3 minute) video sharing their story of transformation. The video can be as simple or elaborate as you choose – voters will be asked to vote on content, specifically the story they feel represents most extreme change.

The contest will be run through Facebook, which requires at least 20 videos in order to activate, so please share this information with as many alumni you are in contact with and encourage your friends and family members to vote!

One winner will be selected, based on a Facebook voting process. The winner will receive a brand new HP Slate tablet which runs Windows 7.

Check in now with our Facebook page at facebook.com/pcproschools for further details!

Feel free to respond to this e-mail with any questions or concerns.

Thank you and good luck!

12th of Mar, 2011

I just got an email from a Alexandra Loeher from PC Pro. She wants me to share my "success story about pc pro! HA! This is what I am going to send back to her, although I doubt I'll get a response.

I’d be glad to share my story of pcpro schools.

Here it is:
    While it is true that I graduated, that’s all I can say, because nothing happened after that. I am STILL in my same 3rd shift factory job as before. The only difference now is that I am 25, 000 farther in debt than before. Thanks to pc pro!

You don't think I'm being too harsh, do you? ROFL

14th of Feb, 2011

It's been 20 months since I blew thru PCPro like it was nothing and "graduated" with everything they had to offer, a recruiter finally told me what I already knew. The chances of my getting an IT job are slim to none. The half that say they are doing well either have low opinions of "well" or were already in a position where the certs helped, but weren't the main reason for a job.

The ads say "you don't need previous computer experience". I say bull. No experience, no jobs. period.

If you have customer service experience, if you have call center experience, if you can afford A+ and networking certs to boost your worth, fine. Do that, but I would encourage you to do it on your own, rather than pay PCPro huge sums to do it on your own anyway. They teach you how to pass the microsoft tests, learning IT is secondary to that.

I have officially given up on the prospect of ever working in IT. Cleaning out my retirement account for a downpay and a large loan that has gone into default, the next stop is foreclosure. The class after mine was when they started the giveaways. Me? they pressured me to get the money so they could "guarantee my spot" before I lost out, only to find a room that was less than half full when classes began.

Don't bet your farm on this "solution" in your desperation as I did. You'll regret it.

• Fa
      18th of Jan, 2011

I agree because when I called to inquire about their radio ad, the representative said in a cheerful voice; you've called at the right time the company has aquired over 30 billion in grants and scholaships to cover your tuition, Only to find out it was a bait and switch tactic. I will not be attended the trining at a tune of $12500.00 unless it is free.

1st of Jan, 2011

I went to the school in Green Bay, WI. I too, fell for the hype, and propaganda from the admissions "sales" guy. Which is EXACTLY what they are. They sell you a product, just like a car salesperson. They don't care what lies they have to tell you, to get the maximum amount of money for THEMSELVES. Then, it's onto the next sucker. Oops. Did I just say sucker. :)

I graduated in '08 with my MCP, SCA (a useless cert), and my MCDST. BEFORE I went there, I was able to pass both my A+, and NET+ tests. Since then, I've gotten 2 interviews, both of I've gotten on my own. Their job placement is a joke. All they send you is copy/paste links from various job sites, where EVERYONE has access to them. They don't, at least from my experience, have ANY insider job leads, friends in various companies, or any contacts of any kind. Once your year is up after graduation, they drop you like a hot rock. You emails will be ignored; they even got ignored after I graduated BEFORE my year of "assistance" was up.

This "school" is a scam, and a waste of your hard earned money. DO NOT GO.

7th of Dec, 2010

Again, I recently saw on their blog how they say they're getting all their graduates these high paying jobs. Placing entire classes. Having gotten nothing a year after graduating, I contacted them saying "hey, I'm still looking, what have you got?" They sent me a list of temp agencies...

27th of Oct, 2010

anybody considering enrolling should read this.