Newsub Magazine Services / Terrible experience!

1 4 High Ridge ParkStamford, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-3216247

I had a similar experience as a previous individual. I was led to believe that I would be prompted to CHOOSE whether or not to continue with the magazine subscriptions. Needless to say, I was never prompted and was very displeased having observed individual charges for each of 4 magazines. When I called the company, I was basically stonewalled and thought that I had been mistaken - - and it has cost me.

Having read another customer's report on this website, I called the company again and asked that they reverse the charges. I will be awaiting the results - - but am hoping that the indeed reverse the charges.

Overall, it is clear to me that they are preying on people's lack of assertiveness, not unlike the insurance companies.

Va

Comments

• Do
      6th of Feb, 2009

i was surprised or should i say shocked to received a magazine on the mail today that i did not subscribe to nor remember anything i signed up with before for this kind of magazine or company. so i have to trace the company and yes its the NEWSUB magazine and got that info from the customer service of the magazine i got on the mail. their 877-813-0320 is purely voice automated and cancelled subscribtion as fast as i can and hopefully thats all i have to do and not to deal with their voice machine ever again and luckily no charged done on my credit card.

23rd of May, 2009

I too have suffered due to these people. First I received a phone call that asked which magazines I or anyone in my family look at when in a store. I asked what this was about and the lady said oh just a survey and we got your name from someone you ordered something from some time ago. So I answered and then she said good we'll start your subscribtion to those right away. When I said no thank you she just laughed at me and hung up. Well I didn't know they already had my credit card number!! If I had known I would have never answered her questions. I tried to call and cancel and thought I had done it correctly until I saw my bank statement and then started receiving the magazines. I called to cancel and spent 10 minutes on the phone with a machine, that also tried to sell me some more magazines. I hope I cancelled correctly or I'll have to block the charges at my bank, which will cost me but only once.

• Bi
      18th of Sep, 2010

The way this company purposely misleads people is horrible! My husband and I returned from living overseas on a military deployment to find all these magazines we never ordered. (They claim we ordered them from Delia's, but that is simply not true--all we did was order a Christmas gift of clothing for a family member from a clothing catalog.) These were not magazines we were interested in or read! And we certainly wouldn't have had them sent to our suspended state-side address so that they would be 2-3 years old by the time we even saw them!!! Then, when we tried to contact Newsub Magazine via the phone number on our credit card statement, it was automated crap that not only did not cancel our subscriptions as it said it would, but continued to renew them and charge our credit card over and over again! I only found their website ( https://www.magcustomerservice.com/wss/home.do#top ) through numerous online complaints about this company on on-line blogs. Even at that, their website purposely uses deceptive and confusing language in the cancellation process (for example, if you click YES under the cancellation questions, it is worded in such a way that you are actually renewing your subscription instead of cancelling it! And there are several screens of these confusing/misleading questions. It is crazy). Newsub has HORRIBLE customer service--deceptive selling practices--charging credit cards without permission--if that is not fraud it should be! I urge all of you cheated by this company to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau: https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx