Mbcontact.com / AVG update

Cant get any responce from mbcontact.com they took the money for a AVG upgrade but this i now no is not a AVG website

Comments

• To
      22nd of Apr, 2008

Said it was a AVG up grade site said up grade was due for my AVG Account as it was but thisis Not a AVG Software site it is a scam that cost me £35.99 please be were

• Tj
      2nd of Jun, 2008

What other information can you give re: MBContact? I recently paid for membership to a site and the billed amount was much higher than the stated amount. I tried to contact but my emails were returned unanswered.
    I am concerned about this.
    Many Thanks
    TJ

• St
      5th of Jun, 2008

I thought I had to pay for itunes, which i did. I thought it was going to take out something like 2.84 a month out of my account, instead i got charged 30 bucks upfront. The over the phone support was very unhelpful, i hope they return my email.

7th of Jun, 2008

i was just scammed for 41.31 for avg also.

• Je
      11th of Jun, 2008

Scammed for UEFA live soccer for $37

• Kt
      17th of Jun, 2008

My best friend and I were also scammed by the company known as MBContact.com. Under the guise of paying for iTunes - unlimited downloads for a certain amount was the hook. When we went to try and sign up - the window came up sending us to MBContact.com. A $49.90 charge is on my monthly VISA card. I'm going to call my bank tomorrow to dispute the new statement. My friend disputed the charge and got it removed. I hope I am as lucky. DON'T FALL FOR THE MBContact.com scam. They are some crooked people. I called the contact number and got a man over the phone who had a thick accent - he was very rude and did not help at all. He acted like he didn't understand what I was asking. We called the iTunes 1-800 number - they said there is no such deal as "unlimited downloads" for any amount. Take care...

11th of Jul, 2008

Ordered AVG antivirus via this site - download detected malware and stopped

1st of Aug, 2008

i have paid for a year and only got two weeks now has fanished
    please explain??????

• La
      18th of Aug, 2008

Yep i think they've been shut down or something-it wont open the web page. I too have paid for membership-unlimited. So much for that!

• Gr
      3rd of Sep, 2008

This firm took £25 86p from my account after I upgraded my AVG account

• Tm
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Was ripped off by MBContract and iTunesExp.com. I did a search on Google for "itunes" and the 1st site on the search was the site above. My 1st time in itunes and I thought I was in their site. Signed up for a 1 year subscription and when I tried to print out the agreement (after they had my cc #) the site locked up my computer and vanished. I did another goggle search and the site would not show up. Got the # for Apple itunes and was told by rep that itunes was free and I had just been plished. Immediately call cc company and was told charge was already paid. I got nothing. Personally I think Google is partially responsible if not completely responsible. There is enough history on these companies that Google should block them and others. Anyone interested in seeing if there is a possibility of a class action law suit against Google let me know. I am contacting my lawyer today.

• Co
      4th of Sep, 2008

I don't get this. This site is advertizing as a Google site, providing an upgraded Earth. If it is true that they are crooks and have been carrying on like this for some time. Why then has the mighty and powerful Google done nothing about this? I would have thought that a warning messeage could have been placed on the Google home page.

Thet have just taken £30.00 off me and I want it back.

What have you got to say Google?

4th of Sep, 2008

Go to your bank and tell them you want to dispute the transaction. Your bank will issue what is called a "chargeback" against them and your bank will give you your money back. They actually did the same thing to me. You probably called and got hung up on by "David" who barely speaks english on several occassions. I've worked on the acquiring side of the credit card industry for over 12 years. I typically don't pull any title stuff out, but in this case - they are complete fraud and I am going to see that they are shut down by their processor.

• Co
      5th of Sep, 2008

Thanks, good advice. However my card is with MBNA, which are useless. Trying to get to speak to someone is almost impossible. You dial thier number and get shunted and shunted and eventually get cut off!!!. I'm closing that account, but that's another problem. Having finaly got through they tell me they can't do anything. but they have me offered a conference call with someone in the USA.

Regarding MBcontact.com
    I make the point again, if these people are leading people to belive that they are agents for Google and are taking payments on behalf of Google, which is certainly implied. WHAT ARE GOOGLE DOING ABOUT IT?!!!. This cannot be good for a company that allegedly has such high standards.

• Ri
      9th of Sep, 2008

Hi, my names Richelle,
    Just hoping you can help, I've recieved my credit card bill and I have been charged twice for Nero 8
    THE AMOUNT WAS $38.91 US ($45.70 AUST). The date of transaction was 26.08.08, and it was processed on the 27.08.08.
    This amount has shown up twice on my bill.
    On top of all that, the program is asking for a serial number that I never recieved.
    I have sent 5 e-mails to "software support help" and they keep sending me the same e-mail... not the reciept number that I'm asking for.
    Please help me out,
    Regards, Richelle

• Ha
      15th of Sep, 2008

I have the same complaint as Richelle. Charged twice within seconds of placing the order. However at this stage the second amount has not appeared on my statement (I had contacted them by email promptly). I am also waiting on the serial number and no matter how many times I have e-mailed them, have not had any luck getting it either. When I have put their "Address" into browser got "did not match any documents". Is there really a Nero 8? Even tried the Free Nero 8 download but it was not Nero so did not continue.

• Ro
      18th of Sep, 2008

On Sept. 2/08, my wife purchased AVG Virus protection, @ 42.33 Canadian. On our Visa bill which we received recently, we discovered that we had been charged twice by MBCONTACT.COM
    We would like to know why we were billed twice? Please contact us and let us know what the score is. Thank you.

• Jh
      26th of Sep, 2008

on 08-09-2008 an amount of € 44, 08 (1 8669034555)was taken from my account which I cannot describe.
    Please send me name for whome this payment was done.

• Me
      26th of Sep, 2008

paod $29.88 for flash player 9 upgrade that will not load.can!t understand anyone on telephone.

• Bi
      30th of Sep, 2008

I downloaded a program, google earth utube, & it didn't dawnload
    i am down $ 80.00 odd, is there any chance you can send me the program, i still have the user name & password . bill cusworth.