Laser Ink Direct / Unfair Business Practices

South Africa Review updated:
Laser Ink Direct
Telesales agent calls to promote printer ink cartridges promising that buyer will have 60 days to pay for them from the date of the invoice. Also, that if customer not satisfied with the product, it can be returned. After receiving the cartridges, it was discovered that their prices are too high and I called to return them. I was given the run around for two days with both the accounts lady and the despatch person being extremely rude. Further to this, they claim to have recording s of the telephone converstaions but refuse to play this to confirm that the customer was in fact told that the cartridges can be returned.
According to their invoice, goods can be returned within 10 days.

More Laser Ink Direct Complaints & Reviews

N  16th of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
LASER INK DIRECT---------- A Total rip-off!!!
A sales lady phone to promote these cartridges for Hp Printers. According to her they will send me ONE toner for the price of R 1366.86. I received the toner as agreed a week or so later. After about month or so, a guy with a very strong accent phoned and said that he is about to forward me the cartridge outstanding on my order. I told him that I did not order any more and he said that it was actually the agreement and that the telephone converstations are recorded. One order consist of 2 cartridges. I told him to then send me the cartridges but that I will not order anymore. I did receive the toner as agreed. And then, a month or so later, I received the same call from the same guy telling me that the last toner is on its way. I flipped out because according to me there should not be any more orders. He promised that it was the last one. Nice person as I am, i purchased the last cartridge ( number 3). Again this morning about a month or so later, I received a call from a guy saying that my order in their storeroom is waiting to be dispatch but there is another client in need of those cartridges. If he can sent it to them he will order for me again and sent it down as soon as possible. I told him that i did not order and he told me that it is not the problem now, all he wants is to get my permission to sent the toner to someone else. I got so angry and told him that i am taking this further. I've put the phone down and got the invoices out. I phoned to speak to the owner of the company and guess what... The same guy that does the marketing and all is actually the owner. I told him that I will apologize if he can sent me proof of this orders and the recording of our telephone conversations. He then said that they don't take recordings and he will cancel all my orders. He put the phone down in my ear!!! I THINK I MUST TAKE THIS TO CARTE BLANCE CONSUMER!!!
A  16th of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Exact same thing with me!
Bad attitude!
Force delivery when order was not made

I agree should be taken to Carte Blance, seems there's no other way to stop them from doing it to others...
N  6th of Apr, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
CRap, i just got conned this morning.
A  9th of Apr, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I fully agree with the above Laser Ink Direct, is a scam and the public should be notified of their bad business pratices.
A  20th of Apr, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I fully agree that this should go to Carte Blance as we have had the same experience and they still keep coming back with more orders which we did not order. It is a bad company and should be closed down!!!
A  28th of Apr, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I was also scammed, Richard called me offering better prices on ink cartrages. He quoted me R1080 on ONE black and ONE colour cartrage, I said that it was fine and placed the order for ONE black and ONE colour cartrage. After I had made the payment, they called me again saying that the rest of the order was still outstanding, I then told them that I had recieved what I had ordered and that I do not need anymore cartrages. Richard is now threatening me because I refuse to take anymore cartrages from them. I agree that LAZER INK DIRECT should be investigated by Carte Blanch. Salon Bella Donna.
A  26th of May, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
We have also been scammed by Laser Ink - after 12 cartridges we eventually managed to get a letter from Calvin to say that our order has been completed and that no more cartridges will be sent. Today Richard has sent 3 more cartridges saying that this is the last of our order and that Calvin had no right to send us the letter. He simply will not take no for an answer. His attitude stinks.
Carte Blanche should definitly investigate this.
A  27th of May, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
After a conversation with Richard yesterday, I invited him to look at this website to see how many people are complaining about these forced sales - to which he replied that they look at the website daily, and laugh their heads off - "because these are obviously people with no jobs and nothing better to do but to list complaints"
After making it very clear to him ( very loudly ) that I will absolutely not accept or pay for any more of these forced sale cartridges, he suddenly realised that "this was an internal error and he would make sure that it doesn't happen again"
This was after 2 days of conversation where he absolutely insisted that this was still part of our order.
A  21st of Jul, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have been in an ongoing fight with these scammer! Does ANYONE have a physical address for these people? The last delivery to us was on the 10 June! I don't want these damn cartridges! And I will NOT pay for them! I did not order them and I don't want them! Come take them back, or give me an address and I will physically hand them back, WITH the unspent GAME gift vouchers!

Syndicate Graphics
A  22nd of Jul, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Exactly the same thing happended to me and they are very rude...
they force you to buy there product and then tell you that they have minimal order amount and you have to order 50 before you qualify for there discounts... but no one tells you this when they phone to market the product... i agree it should go to carte blance...
A  28th of Jul, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree 100%. When I asked them to collect the item prior to me opening, they say its too much hassle. Once I used it and was dissatisfied after 5 days, they said there is nothing they can do with an empty faulty cartridge. They made me the liar and blamed me for everything, I did not install the cartridge right, my printer is faulty, I did not talk to them properly, etc. Then Anthea had the cheek to tell me that my Company is a big enough and we can afford to pay them for this faulty cartridge..I mean really. They have no Business ethics, no customer service, no communication skills. And to top it off, they refuse you to speak to their MD/owner of the Company, but they want to speak to my Manager about me and my attitude towards their sacm operation. They use the same tactics to sell their product and I believe this has been going on since 2005.
A  19th of Aug, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Same happened to me was promised that the cartridges last so much longer that's why they are so expensive anyway I got the ink the black lasted the same amount of time as any normal cartridge. I phoned and wanted to send bac the colour. They said it was fine. I never sent it back. Then they phone me 3 months later to send me my back order that I aparently agreed upon. I told the dude I dont want your over priced nonsense. He then told me I would have to pay a canselation fee of +-R600.00 for 2 HP 121 cartridges. Have you ever heard such bull. The man I that phoned was very rude and tried to bully me into taking the next order. We have to report this company to someone.
A  27th of Aug, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have just run my blood pressure to a max as I got my 2 cartridges I Ordered and was told that if I need more I can order now 2 months later 3 catridges get delivered to us and are told it was part of a package and we got 25% discount on that and these 3 are the last of the order. The more I said that we didnt order them and dont want them the more he said we cannot cancel the order and will be held liable for the 25% plus a R800-00 cancellation fee and they cannot collect the delivered cartridges. I also told him tha the quality of print was very poor and he then said that I must set my printer in.

I am gonna take this to the Ombudsman, our Attorney as well as Carte Blanche and whoever else will be interested
A  31st of Aug, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yes mister salesperson from laser ink (can't remember your name - if you even use your real name), I always had a suspicion that you were a bunch of scammers from the second set of cartridges you sent my way. Yes you convinced me more than once to accept yet another order I apparently placed but I just want to let you know that these 15 cartridges and R150 Checkers vouchers you delivered to me the last time, I will not pay for. You decide, either you come and pick them up from me or I chuck them in the bin along with that voucher (hopefully someone that needs it more than me will find it and use it). If you phone me I will tell you the same thing so don't bother...and I know you read these comments.

All these people that you have conned on this page are witnesses to your horrible business ethics and I will not hesitate to take this matter further if you so whish. So unless you can provide me with an authentic agreement that I signed (remember, I have copies of everything) or a recording of sorts that confirms my order of 35 cartridges, you can come and fetch your cartridges and I expect a refund on the rest of the cartridges taking up space in my office.

I was looking for an email address to send this message to but it seems that you "business" doesn't have any. So I use this public platform to put this in writing for all to see and you can expect a fax with this letter attached.

A  23rd of Sep, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Initially when when we made an inquiry for address and email we were told they have just relocated to new premises and their email is down, we must just fax details of our order. We made an order of cartridges at Laser Ink two months ago and payment was subsequently paid in full for the order. Aweek later a suprise second order was delivered to our office, and we were instructed to pay for this delivery order as well. When we made an inquiry about how come they bring the second order, a chap by the name of Justin of which I doubt is his real name, said he explained to us that they have to bring a second order in order to close our account of which no such explanation was made to us. We have subsequently now been pressured by their account Department to pay for the second delivery which amounts roughly to R10 000.00 . We made it clear to them that our company budgetted for one order only, and we cannot be forced to accept and pay for a delivery that was not authorised by us.
The delivery is still in our office and they are not pepared to come and fetch them. If they happen to read this complaint we will not pay for this delivery.
Does ANYONE have a physical address for these people?
A  12th of Oct, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree, we were also scammed by both Lazer Ink Direct and C & N Imaging Products, at the same time.

Please people be aware of these two companies, and DO NOT order cartridges from them.

Last week I spoke to Richard and he promised me a letter confirming the order that I have received on 30 September 2010 is the last I will ever receive from them, as soon as I pay the invoice.

Now I have paid the invoice and actually phoned him requesting my letter. He send me a fax stating that there is another order still outstanding and that after we have paid that invoice the account will be closed. And he is so arrogant, no matter what you tell him he have 100 things back at you. I actually told him that he can stuff that last order where it matters cause I do not want it and I will not accept it.

The same with C & N Imaging, I spoke to a Magda last week promising me that there is only 14 cartridges outstanding before she can close the account. I accepted and ordered cartridges for other printers in our company just to get her of my back. Cartridges received and paid for, 2 days later I receive a phone call from a Maritza Schoeman, stating that she is working together with Naidoo Auditors and that it is their financial year end and that there is 14 cartridges outstanding. I explained to her that I have spoken to Magda 2 days earlier. Now she tells me that Magda is only the Dispatch Manager and can't authorize such a thing. When I phoned back and want to speak to Magda, then all of the sudden she is no longer working there. But the voice of Magda and Maritza is one and the same.

And they are all so arrogant, they just don't take no for an answer.

These people are the pits, you can't believe they are making a living out of scamming other people. I will definitely take this to Carte Blanche.
A  13th of Oct, 2010 by
Some details. Registered as a business under the name Active Business Systems. Address : 13 Wessel Road, Rivonia, Sandton. Funnily enough one other company implicated in a scam like this, Haltrex business systems, had an address of 57 Wessel Road, Rivonia, Sandton.

These are such a bunch of thieves - who knows what is fake and what is real. Anyone close enough to pay them a visit?
A  2nd of Nov, 2010 by
I have had the same problem. I agreed to receiving one black and one colour cartridge. I have now received 10 of each. Apparently this is the "contract" which I have not agreed to and have signed nothing. I don't know how they get away with this. I really think they should be closed down. I have had numerous fights with them over the phone about it. We have spent thousands on cartridges that are of far poorer quality than the originals. I have also been told that is I wanted to canel the "contract" I would have to pay back the discount. I have asked for letters to confirm that my account will be closed after my final payment, but I am honestly not wanting to pay anything more to these people.
Carte Blanche please...
A  3rd of Nov, 2010 by
How can I get rid of these people??

Can someone please help!!!
A  3rd of Nov, 2010 by
Hi there,

Registered Address:

Their MO is to send out a FAKE summons in order to scare a person into paying their accounts. The summons is actually a "notice of our intention to issue a summons". Furthermore, it is not stamped by the Clerk of the Court, so it is 100% fake. Also has no case number!

Principal Place of Business:

13 Wessels Road

Good luck to all, I'm busy drafting a letter in reply to them right now!