Javelin Technical Training

Fraud and scam

4.55
Javelin Technical Training
javelintraining.com
I was displaced by hurricane Katrina in Sept. of 2005 to Atlanta, GA where my dad lives. While there I decided to attend Javelin Technical Training.

The people in Admin. told me nothing but good things about this program for medical/billing coding (moe) like: one on one teching, good computer learning programs, good teachers, etc.

With all this said and done us students was teaching each other, the teachers was actual previous students due to not finding employment, we didn't even have the coding books for the course included in tuition, which is the main books we needed.

This school needs to be banded by the, (BBB), there lesson plan just was not right. This school cost too much money to not have learned nothing that was worth 10, 000 for tuition.

I cant get a job in field due to not having 6mths experience but i am still in debt with student loans. This school only care about money not a good education. More than I have problems getting a job that attended this school something needs to be done like a total refund or something. I now have 3 children to raise, feed and cloth.

Javelin Technical Training is a big ripoff. this school needs to be exposed and shut down and also go bankrupt so us students can get this debt off under our belts and move forward in life for a better career.
Complaint comments Comments (39) Complaint country United States Complaint category Education

Comments

A  8th of Oct, 2009 by    +3 Votes
this is true about this school, waste of time they teach you with the prior year billing and coding books that you have to share with other students, why am i paying 2000 for books, you cant take the billing and coding books home, they give you the cheapest certification possible, please do your research is all i can say, I wish i never started here it is a waste of my time and money, they only care about you coming to school everyday so they can keep their numbers up the staff is unprofessional, the turnover ratio is ridiculous, on top of that they sell people fake dreams they do not have agreements anywhere for externship you have to find your own, trust me and stay away from this school
N  6th of Jan, 2010 by    +2 Votes
Yes Javelin Tech is a complete rip off. I'm currently attending this school & not only do you independantly study in school they barely lecture. Basically, you could have did online school for less money. I don't understand with all the money I have to pay back why is the medical coding book not included, that's the book you need the most. Also, medical terminology class is too short, with all the information provided you need at least 3 mths to grasp all that crazy info. I wish I would have read the reviews online before being suckered into this school.

Remember, they warn you when you go to the school that it's an excellerated program, that means classes are very short with alot of information they expect you to learn. Your better off going to a college & getting a degree than this school. Trust me I know. Good luck!
A  20th of Jan, 2010 by    +2 Votes
I totally agree with both of you about Javelin. I only went for two months but prior to my leaving I spoke with one of the counselors to let them know that I was unhappy. He advised me to hang in there a little longer and that he promised that things would get better.When I signed up, it was for a Business Administrative class priced at $8, 000, not knowing that the only thing that they would be teaching in this class was Microsoft Word, Excel and I believe Powerpoint.Why would I pay someone $8, 000 to learn that? I believe schools like this should be banned and not approved.I am totally disgusted and humilated at this school. And one of my biggest complaints was also that the staff was very unprofessional.
N  2nd of Mar, 2010 by    +2 Votes
i am attending javelin now i have 8wks left & everyday that i have to go to this god for saken school i DREAD IT!!! i've been unhappy since day 2...i should've been left but i don't like to start something and not finish most of the people here are GHETTO FABULOUS!!! i feel like i'm back in '07 senior yr w/ a bunch of high school kids and most of these fools are older than me just now going back to school but yet they want to talk & gossip while the teachers are trying to explain something. Recently they've been trying but that terminology class needs to be longer with some hands on going on they were trying to rush it and most of the people didn't get what we needed for the clinical part that i'm in now which took months to get to after i took the damned terminology class...It is a waste of money but i feel like if you can sell yourself and do a bit more studying and practice when you can you will be all right cause i have heard a few success stories from here...but tell me why they have this bell that they are suppose to ring every time a student gets a job but yet they've rung it like 3x's in like 4months?!?!?!?!?!?!??! thats not a good sign but only GOD KNOWS
N  30th of Jul, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I totally agree. I heard about this school from two of my friends, although I don't attend this school now or never will. I'm glad i read the reviews before hand.. i just feel really bad for my friends because now it seems they will be in debt.
N  1st of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
I recently went on extern...NOT...I did everthing that they required me to do..And still I don't have a site...This school is very misleading.They reel you in on a fishing rod..They LIE and tell you anything to get you in there.Then on top of that, the administration is full of BS...REALLY..I drove an hr or more to get to school everyday..There were even times that I didn't feel like going but I went on anyway...Don't get me wrong My Instructors were great...MS T, Ms W, MR J, MS.B and the other MRS B...Mr G.Mr M...but I would not recommend this school to anyone...
A  5th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
I agree with most of you. I attended this school in 2009 because I was laid off. I am educated and feel really foolish because I did not do my research. At the time I was desperate and knew I needed to change my field of study. This school is very misleading and I would not recommend it to anyone. The cost for medical billing is ridiculous [$16, 000] I was fortunate and blessed to find a job and I am currently repaying this school $200 a month when I could have went to West Georgia or West Central tech and studied the same course for much less. [No more than $2, 000] This school needs to be investigated. You are lied to from the top on down. The people in financial aid are very misleading. They feed you with a bunch of "BS" you do not fully grasp. I will never understand why I had to produce my 2007 taxes when it was 2009. I was receiving unemployment benefits and these slickers said they had to use my 2007 taxes to determine my eligibility status. When I asked why, they said in so many words "that's just the way it is". I kick myself everyday, because I should have ran far away then. But like I said earlier, I needed to make a change quick and just hate I did not do my research. This is a learning experience for me. This school is a total rip off!!! Steer clear.
N  5th of Sep, 2010 by    +1 Votes
i am currently trying to get in javelin tech but i hv no ged or diploma and had to take tht test, and didnt pass it but they wouldnt even tell me wat i missed so i could study up on it i had to call back in there for them to even tell me tht but i am glad i read these reviews
A  16th of Sep, 2010 by    +1 Votes
STAY AWAY!!! I am currently a student, at this HELL HOLE school. I carry a 3.5 G.P.A. So I'm not complaining because of failure in my studies. Yet, This school is ran like a charter high school. Matter of fact a middle school with uniforms. Thats the way they talk to you and run the school also. The admin. is totally unprofessional and are disrespectful. All they care about (once they get your money) Is attendance!!!The attendance policy is some bs. You miss two days in three weeks You have to repeat the course, (even if the days are excuses). Now you may think well I'm going to class everyday. So that would not pretain to me. But for example what happen if your child get the flu. That mean you going to be out for a week or so. Lord help you if your other child get the flu or you, during that time. With that said you will be repeating the course.No matter if your lesson are complete for that section or not. I have seen it and been in that position. All the classes are really over price online course's. Including their computer program. Which I am currently enrolled. The main problem is not enough people in the school stand up for what is right. If that the way the staff talk to you or you not getting the education your paying for. If you have not enrolled in this school. But your considering going here. BOTTOMLINE Do NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE. It a scam and it's not worth the stress.
N  24th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
Spend your money on something worth it... graduated GPA 3.95, perfect attendance, they never sent me on a extern, they used the job i was working at. mine you i was working at this job so it wouldn't interfere with my schooling (low Pay), they promised to help me find another job NOT!!! NO LEADS, NO INTERVIEW, NO NOTHING BUT A SCHOOL LOAN I CANT AFFORD. THANKS JAVELIN FOR STICKING IT TO ME GOOD.. Oh then they wanted me to attend my graduation and pay for cap and gown, (like they didn't get enough of my money already..(NO I DIDNT GO TO THE GRADUATION)
N  17th of Oct, 2010 by    +1 Votes
i recently went through a lay off and had a very difficult time. i decided i needed to re-invent myself and go to school.school was a great idea .Javelin was the worst thing i could have ever done.i realized it about the second week. everything they tell you is a lie. the so called instrctors are the pits. the people that attend are the pits.i understood very well that it is an accelerated program but this was ridiculous. how can anyone learn medical terminology in four weeks impossible. the administration is terrible. this training center and i use that very loosely should be shut down. the population they target is low income people already struggling and make it seem like the ideal situation. it's really ashamed the government doesnt do anything about this. even when you get certified it isn't the actual certification you need to be a medical biller and coder.the career services are the worst of them all lazy and good for nothing. people please be warned don't be stupid like so many of us have been STAY AWAY FROM JAVELIN!
N  4th of Nov, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I agree I just recently finished in there medical billing and coding program. I practically taught myself everything. I was placed on an externship at a doctors office where all I did was call insurance companies to verify patients insurance and the rest of my six of seven hours there I was filing in the medical records office. I learn totally nothing there. And I was told the same thing to stick it out it would get better but it didnt for six weeks. Now that I am done with the program I am so not comfortable looking for employment in this field that I was so excited about because I dont have any hands on experience. They really dont care where they place you and if you get the experience or not. I complained to them on several occasions about what I was doing. Still nothing was done and my phone calls started being ignored. I was just there at that office as extra help and thats probably what they informed the office managers of when speaking with them about extern placement. It was just eight months of total waste of my time and I am a single mother tring to better herself for the care of her child. Thanks for nothing javelin morrow location
N  27th of Jan, 2011 by    +2 Votes
i TOTALLY AGREE I AM SO PISSED OFF WITH THE RESULTS OF THIS SCHOOL. UGH SUCH A SCAM AND RIP OFF
N  27th of Jan, 2011 by    +2 Votes
Wow, I am so glad that I stumbled across this page of complaints, because I had considered attending this school. I will not be attending now. I can now urn my attention towards looking to another school to pursue the rest of my educational goals...
D  10th of Feb, 2011 by    +2 Votes
Every comment is very true! I went to Javelin a few years ago. Completed the program with a 3.8 average. I have never been able to use the education I paid and still paying for! It was the biggest waste of time, money and energy!! This school should be closed down. I can not believe you are able to get Federal Student Loans for this school.
A  11th of Feb, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I so totally agree with everyone not only is it a waste of time and energy but a total ripoff!!! I sent my payments to their stupid loans we borrow them from and now i lost that money because they never recieved it when it was coming straight out of my bank account! I dont know why this school is still up and running when its only ripping off the students that attend this school. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND this school to anyone!! now im going thru so much hell cuz of this! i so REGRET going to this damn school!!!
A  20th of Feb, 2011 by    +1 Votes
When I went to Javelin (paid for by the state unemployment agency b/c I had been out of work for over 6 months), our so-called teacher pronounced the name of Hippocrates five different ways in ONE paragraph. Somehow or other, this teacher also taught at Kennesaw State University--so I wouldn't trust that school to hire decent teachers either!
A  21st of Feb, 2011 by    +1 Votes
this is so true i want to go to 11 alive news a report them what a rip off i paid 17000 in debt with my loans i should have did my research first ANYONE THINKING ABOUT GOING TO THIS SCHOOL SAVE YOUR MONEY DONT DO IT they give students a job to teach the classes how can a student teach how to give needles smh STAY AWAY FROM JEVELIN
A  7th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I agree with all the posting i've read, you can transfer credits from a reapitable school to javelin.But you can't transfer nothing from javelin to a reapitable school!!Thatts what you call the DEVILS PLAY GROUND!!!THE LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.
N  7th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
Javelin targets anyone getting federal funds it's a seat filler school that's why they change their name to medi tech. the well ran dry i just feel sorry for those with bank lones, the goverment and the state needs to go after them.I will be getting a lawyer and going to the I TEAM

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree