ICSE Board / Wrong information for our freedom fighters!

1 India Review updated:

Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev have been referred as terrorists in an ICSE 6th standard class in social science subject text book at page number 64 & 65 in Mumbai. I do not know how/what to do to get this issue highlighted.

Anyone has any idea... Plz advise what can be done in this situation!

Comments

• At
      21st of Jun, 2007

If it is true than its a shame on all of us (Indians), what we can do is at least forward this news to as many people as possible, through net which is fast and easy media.

• Pr
      23rd of Jun, 2007

I am shocked to see this complaint. How can this happen in India??? Western countries were defamating our national heroes in past. This is well known fact but how can ICSE do this??? I think that people behind this must be prosecuted for the offense of anti national acts. This is shameful. We must take a strong action against such material against our freedom fighters. What id electronic media doing??? I would like to tell them also to please highlight this issue. This is most important than covering Presidential Poll Politics for hours everyday. I request every Indian and Indian media to raise their voice against this.

• Aj
      25th of Jun, 2007

Can someone please confirm if this is true???

• De
      29th of Jun, 2007

Were Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev terrorists?

If one goes by a textbook published by the Mumbai University Institute of Distant Education, Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev indulged in "terrorist activities".

Chapter 15 of the History Paper-I, Landmarks in World History Occasion, which is read by first year BA students, says this: 'Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev were hanged for killing the British. The (British) government put severe measures to curb this freedom movement. However, terrorist activities continued in Bengal and Maharashtra.'

"Instead of calling the deeds of freedom fighters as revolutionary, they were termed as terrorist activities"

Indeed shame on the government but then left historians have corrupted Indian history... mughal barbaric rules history are ignored and freedom fighters been projected as terrorist...

• So
      10th of Jul, 2007

This is really bad.

• Bh
      4th of Aug, 2007

Seeing is believing! I have not seen it myself, but i recd. an e-mail on this issue. if it is thru, it's really a shame on Minstry of Education, Department of Education, Govt. of India.

But, from the comments above, it is not clear whether it is 6th std. text book of ICSE or Mumbai university's distant education text book of history? Can anyone clarify? If both are true, the same can be highlighted thru' Noted news papers like TOI, Indian Express, Loksatta & Maharashtra Times, Hindustan times, navabharat times, etc.

Instead of sending 'Faltu' SMS, we must forward this to all patriotic indians, irrespective of caste & religion.

• Kp
      13th of Aug, 2007

Come Bhagat Singh, Hari Shivaram Rajguru, Sukhdev Thapar was an Indian freedom fighter not terrorists… Wats going on In my schooling they are treated as heroes but now they are been placed as terrorists ohh God give respect to them they are fought for of our Independence they are died for our Country… tell me is any one who are ready to give life for the country NO NO not even 1 including me but they are not like that (Bhagat Singh, Hari Shivaram Rajguru, Sukhdev Thapar) they fought for the country and died for the country.

This incident is really shameful come on protest this. I request every Indian and Indian media to raise their voice against this.

Phani Kumar KVS.

5th of Sep, 2007

IS there any proof of this? Can somebody post the scanned copy of such pages? Or is it another hoax of sending and fading emails?

If it true then we can file a complaint through proper authorities.

8th of Oct, 2007

I've no idea about the syllabus of ICSE books. But if this is true then this is a matter of shame of all, its a shame on Minstry of Education, Department of Education, Govt. of India and to all the teachers who teaches such things to the students. The correction should be made in the books as soon as possible. All the schools should guide their students properly. They should tell them the truth instead of teaching them wrong things about our nation and the freedom fighters.

• Vi
      20th of Jan, 2008

Well I have not read the book but if its True than Its a shame on all of us and Govt. & ICSE should step forward and Apologise for the same though every possible media. Its time to wake up guys only saying and making mvies saying "A GENERATION AWAKNING" wont sere any purpose.

• Mo
      29th of Jan, 2008

I really can't beleve it !!! I feel that the people responsible for this should be prosecuted and they should apologise publicly and I really don't understand or comprehend how this could happen.

Anyway if this news is really true then I have already suggested above what action should be taken against this.

29th of Jan, 2008

Its, unbelieval to me nd for every indians to listen about these unfortunate thing.
    Its a dishouner of our countries heros nd theirs contributions towards our nation.
    And i feel more shame when i think that there no action taken till yet by athuority to correct this helirious mistake.

NOW ITS TIME TO GET AND PROTEST AGAINST THIS SACH A FOOL MISTAKE.

ITS MY REQUEST TO ALL OF INDIANS WHO FEEL PROUDE ON THESE COUNTRIES HEROS.

CMON AWAKE NOW. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

2nd of Feb, 2008

Well well Totally against this thing how can u refer a great freedom fighter as terrorist It is really shame to all Indians who still are not doing any action against this..

well Bhagat Singh Sukhdev and Rajguru are and will surely remain a LEGEND through out many many generations and students and young children should be taught what Freedom Fighters are with Great example of this Legends.

With Example of Bhagat Singh Youngsters should be taught what they are really capable of doing at such a young age which actually Bhagat Singh did.

If asked to any young student of age of 18-20 can anyone imagine that they have such a attitude or any such imagination what Bhagat singh had total commitment towards nation....

Well requeset that please please give respect to great freedom fighters of india and for god sake please don't refer them as terrorist...

• Tu
      23rd of Feb, 2008

This was very very shameful.

• Hi
      2nd of Mar, 2008

We should Spread this info & should make a try that we can notice the attention of all people here..

& can make a forum or place so we can let them know their mistake, & make it correct..

As they are our national pride, & such a wrong info is really shameful thing for all of us..

• Ta
      11th of Mar, 2008

Now I'm gonna have to make the author of that book eat Laden's ###. He deserves it.

• Ar
      25th of Mar, 2008

hey dude... just crap to every one whos on orkut...we will protest ...jai hind..

25th of Mar, 2008

bhen ke lodo tumhari maaki chut bhosdi vaalo ye kya chutiyapa kar rahe ho bhen chodo jin logo ki vajay say randuyo tumhe aajadi mili unhe tum terrorist bana rahe ho randi ke beejo...
    bhagvaan kare tumhari maa kutte se chud jaye randuo...### u ashole...

• Su
      15th of Apr, 2008

It is nice to see there are a few people, who are proud to be Indians. We are aguring about terrorist and revolutionist ? has any body notice when we go to watch a movie, the National Athem is played, where we all stand and show our respect to Our Freedom Fighters and Our Country. even the foriegners stand, paying due respect to Our Country, but i so often see, it is we Indian; who enter the hall and are looking for their seats, are their seats going to run a way? And nobody would even tells them - they are doing wrong. And that is why, we are still facing, religion fights, child labour, bribe, rape cases, etc... Yes, 1 man can't fight the battle we all have to stand together and be One ! Bristish " divided and ruled " - We Indians " Unite and Rule " Goverment comes from us! JAI HIND !

• Th
      17th of May, 2008

gand me danda
    gand me danda re na sona ki chidya na sona ka danda ICSE ke gand me dand re.