Grant Academy - Google Money Profit / Scam Operation

1 251 Hilton Dr., Ste. 200, Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-487-6803

This company is running a complete scam! BEWARE! You order a CD - Google Money Profit and they charge you $2.29 for shipping/handling then charge your card $39.95 for a monthly subscription to Google Money Profit plus more for Grant Master and Network Agenda. It is not clear when you order the CD but it is in their "Terms & Conditions" but not clearly stated unless you click on the TINY link on the bottom of the page what you are actually agreeing to.

I called to question the charge to have the woman explain that I did in fact agree to a monthly membership which I assured her I did not! She at first said I was not eligible for a refund but after a bit of arguing she refunded my $39.95 charge. I then asked if I was going to have any other charges and she said yes for my Grant Master and Network Agenda membership once the free-trial expired. I thought this was ludicrous and said cancel everything!

DO NOT ORDER THIS CD - IF I EVER DO RECEIVE IT (AND NOW IT'S BEEN ALMOST 2 WEEKS) I'LL BURN YOU A COPY!!!

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Na
      14th of Nov, 2008

Here is the info that I was able to get for this.

They are now called On Point Media Solutions and they sell some product to help with making money on google. The contact information I have for this is as follows.

Phone: 1.866.396.5694
    Addr: 305 W Broadway #114
    New York, NY 10013

I noticed the charge on my CC bill called them and it was refunded the service that I was being told I was paying for was for some hosting system that helped make money on google. There was also two companion packages that were also setup to start hitting my CC but I canceled those as well. Im not sure how they got my info but as soon as I started talking about this being a fraudulent charge they changed their toons abit.

From what I have read here I would make sure you get the cancellation confirmation numbers for all three products.

• Ga
      5th of Nov, 2008

I just discovered the $39.95 charge, plus two separate $7.95 charges and one $9.95 charge. I called the customer service number and supposedly spoke with a supervisor after spending approximately 15 minutes with a representative that I could barely understand read from an obvious script. The supervisor told me the charges would be refunded and that I would no longer be seeing the recurring charges. Honestly, I will not be surprised if I never see the money. Just another example of buyer beware, I am normally very, very observant when it comes to these type of situations, so congratulations to Google Profits dot com for creating an advertisement that can hide essential information from someone who prides himself on reading all the fine print. Jeez, I'm in the used car business and these people make me feel like a saint!!!

• Pe
      25th of Oct, 2008

Out and Out Fraud!!

Reviewing our bank statement and find we're victims of this scam as well. Had someone call me months back about our request for the CD from Google Money Profit CD that my wife supposedly ordered. Told 'em that couldn't possibly be so and that we didn't want their CD. And, no CD ever arrived. But we sure have all sorts of charges from NW-AG.com, Grantsearch and bogus Blockbuster.com charges over the past couple of months. Working it out with the bank. Canceling my current ATM card. Not going to deal directly with these lowlifes. We'll let our bank deal with this fraud. Interesting - how did they get the ATM card number? We NEVER use this card for anything on-line.

25th of Sep, 2008

FRAUD. Just got my statement and saw 4 charges from GMP and 1 from Blockbuster. In total nearly $55. I contacted my credit card company and the account was closed immediately. My credit card company said they will further investigate as this seems to be a major issue. As I did, I suggest calling your credit card company and not handling this on your own.

• Ka
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me. My husband just finally got a fulltime job. I had twin boys a couple of months ago and am unenployed right now. This is ridiculous and I didn't even get the cd!

• Ke
      22nd of Sep, 2008

This company also got a hold of my credit card information some how. I never ordered a cd and never received one either. I saw the withdrawal when I checked my online account. (Which thankfully I do everyday!) On the 17th of Sept. I was charged 1.00 then 1.99 on the 18th. I called them and told them I want them to cancel the membership and to refund my money. I did not order this and I don't want it! The lady first tried to talk me into checking out the website since I was still in the free trial. I told her that it obviously wasn't free since I was charged 2.99 so far, for something I never asked for. I had to finally talk to her supervisor Ryan, because she wasn't able to authorize a refund. Again I waited on hold for about 10 minutes, finally Ryan got to the phone and I told him the same thing. He issued a refund for the 1.00 and the 1.99 and said that they just charged me 39.95 today and he will issue a refund for that too. He said that it should be refunded by my next statement. It had better be done BEFORE my next statement or I will call again and again and again until it is.
    Also I was charged 1.00 for a wellnessmd and 19.52 for bidz.com. I have canceled both of those also. They were all done on the same days, so I am assuming that they are all connected. The guy that I talked to at wellnessmd gave me my cancellation number. Then I asked for his name. He said, "George, oh wait umm Greg." I said, "Well, which one is it? George or Greg? Most people can remember their own damn name." (I am not in the mood for this crap today!) He said, "It's Greg." I don't know. It sounds like fraud to me. But at least it was only a dollar. And with the bidz.com one, I actually received the earrings. (Although I didn't order them and they were pretty ugly and not worth 20.00) When I called them, the lady that I talked to said to write on the package "Return to invoice! Fraud Charge!" I won't have to pay for return shipping and once they get the earrings back I will get my money back.
    With all of these unauthorized charges popping up, I called my bank and they canceled my card and issued me a new one. PLUS if the money doesn't get reimbursed my bank will take off those charges so I won't be out anything. What is wrong with people these days? Scamming and stealing. Does nobody have morals anymore?! Even though this time the fraud wasn't a huge price taken from me, the time that I spent to get them taken off of my credit was huge. Finding their correct numbers, calling and waiting on hold, then calling the bank to cancel my card took about 2 hours. With me having 5 kids, I don't have this kind of time to dink on the phone. Hopefully this post will save someone else some time and money!
    GMP (google money profit) 1-800-487-6803 ask for Ryan immediately
    wellnessmd 1-800-591-6383

• Da
      15th of Sep, 2008

I also received a credit card statement for a card I never use except for the monthly fee for Netflix. It showed $7.95 for GrantSearch, $39.95 for GMP (Google Money Profit, I was told), and $9.95 for NW-AG. After considerable argument with the GMP customer service rep, I finally got the charges refunded. He just kept repeating that the order had been made for my address and zip code and on my credit card. I had never even heard of Google Money Profit. I noticed Netflix as an attempted charge on one of the other complaints. Could this possibvly be the source of the info leak? Neither GMP nor NW-AG had my correct telephone number.

• Li
      4th of Sep, 2008

I also just got my bank statement today and noticed a charge of $39.95-$7.95 and $9.95 two from Grant Master and one from NW-AG.COM
    Yes they are in cohoots with Grant Master. All three were taken off my debit card for the shipping charges I thought only for the CD. If oyu do not call they continue to charge you a monthly fee. I received confirmation numbers for the refund. I think their customer service people are out of INDIA. As you cannot understand them. But I was persisitant. WHAT A SCAM. I was also charged over draft charge of $25.00 for each transaction/. As I was not aware they were going to happen. THANKS AOLOT .I AM OUT OF WORK DUE TO THE FLOODS IN IOWA THIS SUMMER. NOW I AM EVEN MORE POOR .THERE WENT MY GROCERIES FOR THE WEEK . I AM TORKED.

• As
      1st of Sep, 2008

Thanks I am going to cancel tomorrow morning and demand my refund. I also thought i was just ordering the CD they already charged my credit card for the $7.95, I thought it would be like other programs that you have to sign up AGAIN to have it monthly but there are now unauthorized charges to my account and that pisses me off I don't have the money to be paying these unauthorized charges I'm 18 and a new mother, my daughter is only 5 months old and me and my husband aree struggling right now i don't need this BULLCRAP. I'm glad I found these complaints or it would be much more than only $7.95 .

• Mb
      10th of Jul, 2008

I ordered the CD for the $1.00 handling and apparently a $1.29 shipping fee. My credit card has had several extra charges made on it - $39.95 fee and then a monthly service fee of $9.95.
    The charges are coming from Grant Academy (phone number 800- 710-2564) and Google Money Profit (phone 800-685-2713) I called my Discover Card to file a complaint and called the respective 800 numbers for the companies. The 800 numbers are outsourced and it is very difficult to hear the people and/or understand anything that they are telling you. Do not give in to them telling you to keep trying their product online; just say NO! and demand a refund and cancellation.

I demanded a refund for everything and was told that one would be processed and on my next statement.

Do not order this CD for the nominal charge; it is a scam for monthly fees that no one knows about until it is too late!

• Ca
      3rd of Jul, 2008

You keep taking money from my checking account I no longer,
    want this srtvice!!!

1st of Jul, 2008

Reading all your complaints, I guess I lucked out. I did receive the CD, and when they called for my decision I told them I had not had a chance to review it yet, so the guy gave me another 14 days. For some reason, I decided to search Google Money Profit and saw all these letters complaining about being scammed. Luckily, I had paid the $2.29 with my Discover card, using a special card number that I got just for this transaction. (This is a service Discover Card provides free to members who sign up for it. It means nobody you order from online gets your real credit card number.) I called Discover Card and advised them of the problem, and they were able to remove that particular special card number so that those scammers cannot place any further charges against it.

• Wi
      23rd of Jun, 2008

Update: I just received a CD in the mail from Google Money profit--one that I did not order. To cancel, the operator again asked for my address and email and then gave me cancellation codes for three separate orders (Grant Master and Network Agenda listed in the email above).

So, they have apparently canceled the fraud account that somebody else set up and will not be charging me anything--I'll be checking my bank statements closely for the next few weeks.

I'm just wondering how the hell they got my credit card number.

• Wi
      21st of Jun, 2008

I just received notice from my credit card company that my card was used fraudulently at Grant Academy. When I called Grant Academy customer service, the agent asked for my credit card number and my full name--"But that's the problem" I told her, "I don't want you to have my card number."
    She informed me that unless I gave her my card number and full name, she couldn't help me uncover the fraud.

I canceled the card, but I'd better not be signed up for some G-damn newsletter now!

• Ki
      19th of Jun, 2008

my story below - but here is a phone number to call - you will need to get three cancellation confirmations - there are 3 companies(at least) linked and will incur ongoing charges for 'google money profit cd', '7day grant master', 'network agenda'…

800-487-6803

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

like a lot of you...it seems that some one got a hold of my Visa Debit card number... so far in the past three days about 15 different orders have been placed thru various online companies - from what I read here it appears my card number has made its way into the hands of the scammers. This particular card hadn't been used in months... and I still had it in my wallet when my Credit Union called me to verify purchases made with the card.

luckily (not the norm) I was refunded all of my money.

interestingly enough - the combination of data they used ie, ship to name, ship to address, and card number can only be linked to one transaction - I have been pondering this for days... the transaction occurred two years ago when a plane ticket was purchased thru Delta Air Lines on line.

wasn't there something in the news a few months ago about Delta's data having been compromised? Anyone have a similar experience?

so far the companies that have charged my account are:
    ENT Entertainment
    AIC Hydroderm
    Bidfuel
    Blockbuster
    Vistaprint
    attempts were made at Netflix, Ebay, MyFax and Columbia House, but I was able to cancel the orders prior to shipment (I think)

• Ro
      18th of Jun, 2008

I just found out why my bank account was so wrong each month! Reading your account of how "Grant Academy" operates you informed me of what was up.

For the first time yesterday I saw my account history ON LINE. I had noticed $39.95 out of my account before this, but I have a Web Site business and was confussed about some bills. I am 68 and on alittle Soc. Security check. I have been starting a small business and have BEEN TAKEN HERE ALSO by callers intentionally misrepresenting themselves using the name off the net of Company I am with to get more money when they are a totally separate group fishing for honest people to scam.

A few mintues ago I learned that "Grant Academy" has taken $39.95 out of my debit accout since November 2007!!! I can not afford this, I did not intentionally committ to this payment. Just as spelled out above, I ordered a $2.29 CD. I never intended to order more. There may be something in giving (you had to order with a card #) information that led me into this sham, but I never wanted to order anything but the CD.
    I just phoned the company, they are full of it! After a couple conversations where I was "talked at" they offered to return 3 of 11 payments. These again are $39.95 EACH!!! For now I took it, my account has been messed up again. They of course, blame me---I didn't cancell, I did not read enough---ALL THE TIME NEVER ADMITTING I NEVER USED THEIR "SERVICE" I was scammed. When something outrageous happens to an individual--- what can I do? Does anyone know how to handle this theft further? My proof is, I have never used the service---I did not know it existed until a few minutes ago.

I realize this may sound very STUPID to some, but realize I do other business on this accout for set fees. Not getting a full statement till yesterday blinded me for months and hundreds of dollars to this fraud. HELP!!!

• Ka
      16th of Jun, 2008

I fell for this too! Not seeing that I was going to pay out a monthly fee.
    I'm calling to cancel immediately thanks for bringing it to public attention.

• De
      16th of Jun, 2008

This is such a rip-off I can't believe it. Do not order this. I'm 62 and in very poor health. I live on disability and cannot afford all these charges I never saw when ordering this "program". When I called customer service to explain that I was unaware of the extra charges and thought I was just getting a free CD for shipping and handling I was told that they could not refund my money because I was past the 7 day trial. I was in the hospital I explained and did not know they would just hit my account for all this money. The customer service person I spoke with said that was too bad but I owed the money and it was non-refundable. They could not and would not return it but I could use the site for the month I was charged. I will not use it and if I ever get my CD I'm keeping it because I figure I paid over ten times what I was supposed to for it. Don't buy this. It is a scam. I think that whoever deals with internet fraud in my state or any other for that matter should do something about this company. If I can do anything to facilitate this happening I will be glad to help.

• Mi
      15th of Jun, 2008

I thought I was buying a cd - the company/person selling it was using "Google"s name and made it look like Google backed it. It started out with $2.29 to get information on how to use Google for income for stay-at-home individuals charged against my acct on May 22. Then on 6/2 I was hit with from Google Money Profit. Then on 6/5 another unauthorized charge for $7.95 for Grant Search Nevada (some affiliate), then on 6/13 another unauthorized charge for a website:NW-AG.com.

When I called the 800 number, the person answering the call could see ALL the charges and said that they would reverse them. I'm waiting until Monday to see if the credits hit my account. In the mean time I've had to close that account to prevent any other charges hitting it.

Here's my question: what gives them the right to use "Google's" name for their scam and why hasn't Google done something about this too? They could put them right on the top search as a fraud so when we go to investigate before we buy, we see it right away.

13th of Jun, 2008

NEVER! NEVER ORDER THIS CD FROM THIS COMPANY IS YOU'RE READING THIS. YOU ORDER THE CD AND THEN THEY START CHARGING YOU $39.95 PER MONTH FOR SOME HOSTING FEE, WHICH THEY REFUSE TO REFUND EVEN AFTER YOU'VE CANCELLED EVERYTHING. THEY ARE PEOPLE OUT TO DUPE YOU OF YOU HARD EARNED MONEY. NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! DO BUSINESS WITH THEM