Freebeegas.com / Fraud/Scam

14100 Walsingham Road, Suite 36, Box 12 Largo, FL, United States Review updated:
4.55
Phone: 1-800-514-0366
I sent off my receipt information on October 14th (I already had $100 in receipts from the same gas station). I followed all the rules- send in the original receipts, the same brand of gas- I even went a step further and went to one gas station (it is right in my neighborhood and very convenient).

I received an email on 10/22 from the company indicating that they received my information and everything was in "good order". According to their email, I should have received the $25 gas card from them within 28 business days.

I sent in my voucher and receipts for November. Have not received any email from them confirming receipt of this material. Luckly I kept copies of the receipts and voucher that was mailed to them in October and in November.

I tried to go to their website and received an error message. Could not figure out what was wrong. Went to the email from them and pulled out my paper copies of all of the material from when I first was enrolled.

First off, the company in October was named Gasoline Redemption and was freebeegas.com.

As of today, it is claimyourgas.com.

When I started checking into the online, I found a bunch of complaints of people who joined, send in their information and never again heard from the company. In addition, it seems like the have changed their name a bunch. One time it was freegascentral.com, another it was gasolineredeption.com.

When I try calling the 1-800 number I receive a message indicating that "the mailbox is full, please call back later".

This company is a scam. I think they make their money off of the $5 per person membership fee.

Comments

Ro
  5th of Dec, 2008
We went to a seminar sponspored by Grand Get a Way travel club. We were given a Certificate
to mail in to recieve $300.00 free Gas. We sent our Cert in the 15th of September 2008 with all the information required. We have not recieved our Gas Certificated by return mail as was promised. This required us to send a $5.00 Check with our Free Gas Cert. Which we did.
This is December 5th, 2008
Thanking you in advance for your help
Robert Vick
6905 Florida Elm Dr
N.P.R. Florida 34653
An
  10th of Dec, 2008
I can't believe how many people are complaining about this- something has got to be done!
Rh
  15th of Dec, 2008
I had the same problem with Freebeegas early this year and still cannot get my gas cards. I have followed all their rules and sent in the receipts for $100 each month since July 2008. Still not one card.

When I called in November I got a message saying they were sending out July cards that week. July cards mailed in November... no way can that be legitimate.

Anyway, in August, before I realized that Freebee was a really bad company, my son got a certificate from a local flooring store for the site claimyourgas.com that you mentioned. I can tell you this... they are NOT the same company. He has gotten a $25 gift card in Oct, Nov and he got an email saying his Dec receipts were received and were good too. That means he'll get his third card soon.

claimyourgas.com is in Arizona and the freebee company is in Key Largo, FL.

I found this on another scam site. maybe you should call them at that number.

Re: freebeegas.com scam or legit?

Ok everyone - I finally go a conventional local phone number for these people and usually someone will answer the phone. This is for the following

www.freebeegas.com
www.freegasredemption.com
www.freebiegas.com
www.securegasredeption.com
www.ethosforgas.com
www.freegascentral.com
www.gasolineredemption.com

They are in the Tampa area and the number is 727-596-6913
Sounds like a hot house phone bank in the background - course they wont tell you anything - dont know nothing etc etc - yeah right.
  15th of Dec, 2008
i mailed out nov. 2008 redemption coupon and its been almost 3 weeks my # is AD7202631500. norma baker i did everything on line even got my coupons from the internet.please e-mail me to let me know when it was mailed out. thank you.
Ja
  27th of Dec, 2008
I submited all of the required information in accordance with the terms of the program & have no received any $25 gift cards yet.
To
  28th of Dec, 2008
same as everyone else. they make you send in 5.00 upfront and say it will be part of the gift cards you get back. problem is, you never get a dime back!!!
Ch
  31st of Dec, 2008
Evidently we are not writing and calling the right people.
Lets call Funseekers. Their the ones that sent us the card when we paid our yearly dues within a few weeks
Maybe their running out of money like the rest of the country.
So send us our $5 back.
Sc
  2nd of Jan, 2009
I purchased my Ethos product back on 6/20/08. When I purchased this product to try they promise you 4 gift cards as incentive to try this product of which you have to pay an extra $5.00 for. Not only does Ethos not work there are no gift cards. It is now January 2, 2009 and I have yet to receive one gift card after sending in my receipts as requested. This company is a scam, the product doesn't work. Please do yourself a favour and don't buy this. All you'll get is frustration. I have called several times. Many times the mail box is full or when I finally get someone they say they are running a little behind. A little behind. I purchased this product back in June of '2008 it is January 2009, Seven months, yah I'd say they are behind. I'd say they are a fraud and should go to jail. The website I went to was www.ethosforgas.com.
St
  7th of Jan, 2009
sat through a 90min.sales presentation to receive gas gift cards.sent in my 100.00 dollar receipts for the past 5mo.and i have received nothing.i was to receive 25.00dollar gift card for 100.00in gas receipts. stanley taraszkiewicz 13016edison southgate mi.48195 734 285 9439
Df
  13th of Jan, 2009
I also sent in vouchers for Oct., Nov. & Dec. 2008 of over $100 in gas at the BP station. Never received the $25 gift card. The FreeBeeGas phone doesn't work and their email does not work. That was a total scam for what ever reason. DFC, Rock Hill, SC
Sa
  13th of Jan, 2009
I also signed up to use Ethos and receive the four free $25.00 gas cards. I submitted the proper documentation with a letter each month from July through October 2008 to the Getfreegas company in Largo, Florida, in order to receive my cards. I received an email that my gas cards would be coming soon, and I also spoke with a representative back in September. To date, I have received nothing, and now the phone and email contact information for the company is void. Has anyone submitted a complaint to the consumer fraud department with the State of Florida yet? If not, maybe we should. Suggestions and comments are welcomed.
Ba
  17th of Jan, 2009
Same complanint everyone else is having, no gift cards sent . You hold up your end of the deal and purchase gas from the same company totaling $100 per month to get a $25 gift card, and then you never get it. The real crime is when you have purchased something that you MAY NOT have purchased because you were told you could get "FREE GAS" if you followed the rules. Well, no free gas and you still have to keep what you purchased. It would be interesting to know if the companies that handed out the coupon in exchange for your purchase are liable in any way!
Ca
  18th of Jan, 2009
I received a certificate to receive $25 back every month I turned in $100 worth of receipts. I think I got 2 $25 gas cards back for July and August and now have not received anything for September, October or November. I should get a total of $250 back if I complete the mailings but why??? It was like pulling teeth to get the first 2 months back. The excuse was they had a poor system for flling the rebates or something dumb like that. They actually responded when I emailed them... No the email does not work anymore, and I am out potentially $205!

THIS IS A REAL RIPOFF! When I try to go to http:www.freebeegas.com it switches to http://www.gasregistration.com
Tr
  19th of Jan, 2009
Tweeter offered a promotion of 500.00 free gas via freebeegas.com for purchases over 999.00. This entailed a 5.00 charge to enroll. There was never any rebate sent by freebeegas.com
Pa
  25th of Jan, 2009
I guess I better jump on the ole' band wagon with the rest of you. I went to a Hondai dealer and "won" a voucher for $300 gas @ shell, citco, chevron or texaco. I sent in my $5.00 which was to be reimbursed at the end of my voucher useage. That was back on October 21, 2008 and today, January 25, 2009, I still have not heard a word from this company. I feel I have been dooped. What a scam! Especially during these depressed economic times. Shame on them, to bad for us.
Pam Hutsell, Arizona
Jb
  5th of Feb, 2009
CLAIMYOURGAS.COM has no affiliation whatsoever with Freebeegas which is run by Tidewater Marketing. Claimyourgas.com is run by a reputable company in AZ and has a great rating with the BBB. They are not affiliated in any way. Just wanted to let you know.
Ma
  5th of Feb, 2009
I puchased for $25 off of ebay - a certificate for $500 in free gas - $25 per month with $100 of gas purchases per month from the same gas station. I did research on this at the time (sept 08) and there were no complaints and it was a promotion from the gas stations to maintain loyal customers.
What a chore this has become. I have sent in receipts every month -w ell before the due date --- I have called every month when I did not receive the card - and heard that computers crashed, the cards didn't come in from the gas stations, etc. I never received my $25 card for October (my first month, November, December and now January, 09. I called them two weeks ago - and after calling several times - I finally got a person on the phone - she was a manager and her name is Amber. She said it was in the system to send me October, November and December within the next week - and then January would be processed and I would receive that in February, 2009.

Today - I called AGAIN - and the 800 number (1-800-514-0366) was not in service - I sent an email off of their website and it was returned to me "undeliverable". It appears they were a scam and went out of business.

I will continue to pursue this --- and will notify ebay of the same - as this is an offer that is frequent on ebay.
Ch
  5th of Feb, 2009
OK. The same thing happened to me. I got mine from Simpson Buick in Buena Park, CA, back in 9/08. I just had to come into the dealership to receive my free $250.00 worth of gas. I signed up, paid $5, mailed in my receipts totaling $100, got a confirmation email that everything was in order. "Mail box is full" message, to now, all "circuits are busy", email to the address, freebeegas.com is non-deliverable. Looks like they're going to have a big class action law suit on their hands. I'm in. There is strength in numbers.
Be
  9th of Feb, 2009
I have sent 6 redemption couponsto free bee gas. I received 2, just enough to think they would honer them.They will not answer their phone, why have one?What can be done about this?My no. is T2709171500.BETTY BELL
Gr
  11th of Feb, 2009
I have sent September and October gas vouchers in like I was suposed to and I was supposed to receive 2 gas cards for $25.00 each! Well it's now the middle of Febuary and I still HAVE NOT seen ANYTHING!!!
I think this whole free gas thing is a joke and the company behind it is even a bigger joke!
Everytime I call I sit on hold for atleast 30 mins or more and now when I call the number is NO good!
All I want is my 2 gas cards that I think I deserve for what I have done and your NOT standing up on your part!
After I get them, I will NOT send anymore in and I WILL tell everyone I know about thins so they don't go through the same ###!
IT'S ALL A JOKE and your company SUCKS!!!

Gregg