Dr. Sharon McQuillan / scam
I saw the news today talk about Dr. Sharon McQuillan and her stem cell fat transfer procedure so I decided to issue the following warning to the unsuspecting public.
Let me warn you that they talk about fat transfer (that is not FDA regulated) all the time on TV, but what people do not realize is that this procedure is often a big fat scam!
What I believe that many fat transfer doctors will do:
1. They compare photos from different angles to make it look like there was an improvement when there wasn't.
2. They claim that fat is rich in stem cells when only a small percentage is actually stem cells. They apparently get away with this because fat has a higher number of stem cells than other body tissue. Nonetheless, it is a very small number.
3. They probably will not warn you that the fat transfer uses lumps under the skin to cause the volume. Once injected, the fat becomes a pattern of small cysts underneath the skin. They intentionally cause the cysts under the skin to puff out the skin. Skin feel like bubble wrap or tapioca pudding. I got 12 lumps after they did my eyes!
4. Lumps show up through skin most in over head lighting as little mounds that cast small shadows.
5. You will look puffier, not younger!
6. Why do they choose fat transfer as their method of scamming people? Because it is not FDA regulated so they can get away with all this!