DermitàgeThey're thieves

1 Review updated:

No where in their ad did Dermitage say you would be charges for their FREE trial size of Wrinkle treatment.

When I received my credit card bill, I was charged $89.98 for this "FREE" trial. If I don't get credit for this trial size which I sent back. I will contact the Better Business Bureau to get after these fraudulent thieves.

This is a scam. Besides, they'd better not send me any more!!

I am very irate that businesses like these are allowed to post ads on line. I will never be a trusting customer again. This makes me wary about even buying on line.

More Dermitàge Complaints & Reviews

Comments

•   May 06, 2008
    Dermitàge - There be thieves here
    Dermitàge
    www.dermitage.com

Forget the $4.95 sample price. That was just the shipping and handling. They are going to hit you with a charge of $49.95-$69.95 for some impressively packaged good that only makes your eye lashes stiff and does little for under eye circles or wrinkles on top of that $4.95.

You'd do better throwing your money out a window.

Geeezs.. Give it to charity where you at least feel like something was accomplished

Avon cost far less and is more effective. But Avon does not have an 'eye lash' formula, as of yet.

Give them time.

• Ka
      Feb 25, 2009

This has happened to me too. Iam so irrate that I feel like anyone who has ever had these experiences should file class action lawsuit, I never was ripped off before now, and never will order online again! Did you ever get it resolved, and did the better business bur. help? Anything else that you can help me with would be appreciated!!!Thanks!

• Al
      Mar 07, 2009

I just ordered this product. The email they sent me did say they would charge me the full price once I try it. The email also provides a phone number for their customer support stating they will stop sending the product if I don't like it. I ordered this product in the hopes that it will work, so truthfully, I won't mind spending the money. If I don't like it, I hope they will honor what they say and credit my account. To be continued...

• Vo
      Oct 31, 2009

Here are their terms and conditions. Did you read it?

Terms & Conditions
    Your FREE Trial of the Dermitàge Anti-Aging System includes a full 30-day supply for just $5.95 in shipping and processing. You will have 14 days to try the Dermitàge Anti-Aging System and discover why it is the perfect skincare system for you. If you like how our system reduces the visible signs of skin aging, do nothing – at the end of your free-trial period you will be billed the discounted price of $99.95. If for any reason the system is not for you, call Dermitàge Customer Care toll-free at [protected] within your 14-day free-trial period to cancel. Then simply return the product (even if it is empty!) and you will NEVER be billed. No commitments, no hassles.

Plus, if you decide to keep the Dermitàge Anti-Aging System, you will receive FREE acceptance in Dermitàge Elite and will receive a fresh supply of the Dermitàge Anti-Aging System approximately every 30 days at the same low price of $99.95. You can cancel by calling Dermitàge Customer Care. No risk, no obligation, cancel any time!

Return/Refund Policy:
    All California and Iowa orders are subject to applicable sales tax. Shipping and processing fees are non-refundable. All sales after the free-trial period are final. Returns may be subject to a re-stocking fee.

Please note that we cannot process packages marked "Return to Sender". Returned packages require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number to ensure accurate processing. RMA numbers can be obtained by calling Dermitàge Customer Care at [protected].

Customer Care
    If you have any questions, please call us toll-free at: [protected]. Dermitàge Customer Care is open from 6:00am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday and 7:00am to 3:30pm on Saturday (PST). Additionally, you can learn more about Dermitàge 24 hours a day online at www.dermitage.com.

Dermitàge Customer Care
    5300 Ontario Mills Pkwy
    Unit 400
    Ontario, CA 91764
    [protected]

• Sc
      Feb 26, 2010

People we should ALWAYS... "READ THE FINE PRINT" !!!
    ALWAYS look for it, its ALWAYS somewhere in any good deal.

• Je
      Mar 03, 2010

Dermitàge Customer Care is a fraud they NEVER answer that phone number if it is their number and even the address is fake, what city in Ontario????I have tried to reach them and couldnt because no city was listed!! Now i have to call my bank and try to reverse charges i hope they suffer someday for their scam!!

• Ag
      Mar 11, 2010

I had to look for the terms after the free trial, it is a scam

• Ca
      May 02, 2010

I've had the same experience with two teeth whitening companies ! The federal government needs to act on this kind of marketing and put an end to it, it's not right for these companies to trick people that need such products into substantial credit card billings without proper approval. The companies SAY that you are given a 30 day free trial and yet before day 30 they automatically charge your credit card account and often times you even recieve the next 30 day supply before the trial period has expired !
    Legalized thievery for sure !

• Ke
      Jul 21, 2010

File a LEGAL COMPLAINT. Dermitage, and Marketing Scammers like them, should be shut down.
    It doesn’t even matter what the product is like, their system of promoting it is disingenuous and unethical.
    I’m urging anyone and everyone to file a legal complaint with the California Department of Consumer Affairs, at https://app.dca.ca.gov/cru/gencomplaint.asp. I did.

• Ph
      Aug 17, 2010

I called their number today and they answered! I was amazed--still tried to sell me but did say they would cancel my unsolisited monthly delivery. Waiting to get e-mail confirmation.

• So
      Oct 12, 2010

I ordered the trial cream. I tried the creams and decided to cancel and send the cream back. Then was charged the full amount. Counting postage and the amount deducted from my account the total amount for a free trial came to $111. I have repeatably tried the telephone number and no one has answered. This has certainly cured me of trying any free trials.

• Dj
      Oct 18, 2010

I ordered the free trial also. It was on a Saturday evening. I received their email stating that they would be charging me $89.90 after the trial. I never read any of that in their website, and I don't want the bill. I tried to call on Sunday, but the email says that customer service is only open Monday through Saturday. So I waited until Monday morning to call and cancel my order. What was strange is that they continued to try to sell me this product that I do not want. And I was also told that my trial had already been shipped out yesterday (which was Sunday)...huh?... even though they were closed... how could that possibly be? Well I told the representative that he needs to stop that shipment now and that they will never get a dime from me. After which I immediately closed the account so that it cannot be billed. I'm so tired of these companies.

• Re
      May 02, 2011
    Dermitàge - It's not free
    Dermitàge

Be warned. They do not mention that they will charge your credit card. I was charged 89.95. This is never mentioned while ordering the product. I sent it as a gift so I never knew until I saw the charge!