Civil Supplies Corporation of Tamil Nadu / Delay in issue of Ration card!

1 India Review updated:

I applied for a new ration card because I married and moved to a new home. I got the deletion certificates both for me and my wife from our previous ration card from the respective authorities. I submitted the originals of the deletion certificate along with the application for the new ration card. This was done nine months back to the Civil Supplies Commissioners office at Poonamalee Road in Chennai. After two months in August 2006, inquiry was conducted for address proof and I was asked to present to the above said office. I duly presented and I was asked a few questions as to whether I have gas connection or not and annual income. I gave the details orally. Then I am waiting till this date for my new ration card. I have not received it. When inquired personally, I was told that "The card has not yet been printed. What shall we do?". Ration card is the most respected identity proof in our country and is a must for the states of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu to apply for LPG Gas connection. Can you expect a person to live without the basic identity proof and a document to get civil supples for 9 months...

Comments

• Gm
      6th of Mar, 2007

I share my experience with Mr. Sekar.....

I am settled with my family in Periyar Nagar -North in Virdhachalam for the last 1 year, (prior to which I was residing in Uttar Pradesh for 6 years). Hence, I decided to apply for a RATION CARD.

When I approached the Taluk Supply Officer at Vridhachalam, he advised me to submit the following documents along with the APPLICATION FOR RATION CARD.

1. Cancelled RATION CARD which I was holding in Noida.
    2. Affidavit for proof of names and address in the Cancelled Card.

I had submitted the above documents in the month of OCTOBER 2006. The TSO has told me that the application will be processed and my RATION CARD will be ready within 2 Months. He has not even provided a receipt for the application form.

Meanwhile, I had a overseas job opportunity and hence had to leave Vridhachalam. However my wife has been following up with the TSO office.

When ever my wife approached officials in the TSO office , they have been coming out with one or other contradictory reasons such as

1)No G.O. has been issued to TSO office for fresh RATION CARDS .
    2)The application will be forwarded after receipt of RATION CARD against the earlier submitted applications.
    3)The application will be sent after inquiry.

Meanwhile during my vacation, I met the officials personally on January 3rd 2007. Once again they have come out with the same reasons.

I could understand that as of now no action has been taken for issue of RATION CARD by the TSO office.

I and my family are deeply upset and distressed to face such a tiring hassle created by the officials in TSO office for the past 5 months.

Since all my other activities(incl.obtaining a passport for my wife and daughter) are related to RATION CARD, I am gravely in need of the RATION CARD.

But as of now, I have not got it.

• Sm
      5th of Apr, 2007

I have applied for a new ration card at Tehsidar Office North Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu along with deletion certificate in original obtained from Coonoor, The Nilgiris in the year 2005. Orignal Receipt with seal from the office has been issued to me. More than 20 occasions I approached the office for knowing the latest position on my application. Every time the officials came out with the answer it is not yet ready. Finally in June 2006 I was asked to submit application afresh since the one I submitted earlier has been misplaced. I obliged and submitted new one for which the official have not issued receipt saying that the receipt issued earlier stands good. Till date I am yet to receive neither card nor any communication in this regard. I being an ex-servicemen feel extremely humiliated for not in possession of ration card which is one of the vital document for proving my identity.

S Manikandan

• Pr
      29th of Jun, 2007

I had applied for a ration card in the year 2004 and I did get to receive one. The card stated that I had a gas connection - 2 cylinders while I have none. Because of this I am unable to apply for a new gas connection. Inspite of my repeated requests for changes to be done, nothing has happened. Ive changed my residence and when I applied for a change of address. I requested the necessary changes to be made and that was declined too. I need to apply for a new gas connection and I am lost as to how to get that done for I need to have the changes made in my ration card.

21st of Jul, 2007

I am working in TCS. Before I used to stay with my parents in andhra pradesh. From last 1 year back I am staying with my friends. But now I am married and I am in need of a new gas connection.

When I asked for new HP GAS connection. They asked for the ration card which I don't have.

• Sr
      23rd of Jul, 2007

This is srivats from chennai-Porur. I need to apply for a ration card, and my thaluka office is in "Sriperamathur". To be more specific I do have went there and filled the application form but no use. Till now I do have went there for 5 times and no response stating, when I will get my "Ration Card". I am not having any old ration card with me and this is the first time that I am applying for ration card. I don't know how to get a ration card. This is a very very important proof for everything from bank to gas.

Thanks
    Regards
    Srivats
    No, 19, Subbaiya Nagar,Madanandapuram,Porur,Chennai 600116.
    Ph: +91-044-98413-13657/18850

• Br
      7th of Aug, 2007

I also applied for ration card and not yet received it. The ration card is needed by the LPG agencies. But you all failed the real thing behind it. We all are aware that the domestic cylinder is sold to hotels etc by these agencies in black market. All gas company officials are aware of that (They get some percentage). The ordinary citizen is made to toil, he is having passport, pan number etc., but the gas companies know that getting a new ration card in this highly corrupted country is difficult. So they can sell the domestic cylinders in black market. If the government is really for the people they can ask the agencies for alternate proofs like PASSPORT, Driving license PAN card etc., So it is clear that it is other form of looting. Nothing else!

• Mk
      27th of Aug, 2007

Still the government is not doing anything for the ration card issue system. I'm also one of the sufferers since I'm still waiting for issue of new ration card.

21st of Sep, 2007

I am also in the queue waiting past 9 months for ration card

• Sr
      26th of Sep, 2007

I experience the same problem as Mr Shekher. I too have applied for a new ration card in September 2006 in Poonamallee high road office, Chennai. After 4 months, they came for verification and I submitted my deletion certificates as well.

I have been waiting till date for this.

• Ra
      29th of Oct, 2007

Bribe the officials till they issue a ration card.
    or
    Become a friend of Chief Minister, you will be presented at your door-step.
    or
    Tell you are a Srilankan refugee, gas connection will be given immediately

Moral of the story:

Never be a true citizen of India in India

Be Romans when in Rome - is not true for India

• Ga
      6th of Nov, 2007

I am Ganapathi working in TCS-Chennai. I returned from UK. I have applied immediately after returning to India.
    I got my ration card recently. I have applied in September 2006 in Chennai-Saidapet Civil Supply office. After more than a year, I got my ration card in November 2007. I have submitted NOC Certificate, address proof and children date of birth certificates for that. They charged Rs. 5/- for card printing. I got white ration card. I can use this address proof and others. Ration card is passport for a common man.

• Ba
      13th of Nov, 2007

I am an officer with Bank of India , Trichirapalli Branch. I got transferred in June 2005 from Kolhapur, Maharashtra. I had a ration card there and I surrendered it and applied for a transfer of my ration card No. 784827 of Kolhapur Food Distribution Office, Kolhapur, Maharashtra. We gave the originals along with an application and a transfer order of our bank to the Srirangam RDO office on 6.10.05. for which they did not give us any acknowledgment saying that no government office will give any acknowledgment. Since then we have been visiting the concerned Head clerk every 15 days without any result.

Two emails to Trichy Collectorate have made no impacts other than obtaining an application for a fresh card on the guise of losing the original application with the original surrender certificate. But till date we have not received the ration card and our application is not registered in any book of Srirangam Taluk Office.

• Mo
      4th of Dec, 2007

The Goverment Officials who are working in Ration Card issue department are draculas who always wanted money for everything as though they are not getting salary from goverment and the family members and children are standing in street without food and shelter.

These people are rich beggars, begging people who comes for ration card, and the family will suffer a lot in future and it is sure because the money they are getting from the people was not given with happiness, only with cursing so it will affect them, kindly send all the relevant documents xeroxed and fax it to Collector and chief minister..

• Ra
      17th of Dec, 2007

But all of you above who have not got your ration card yet and have posted your comments in here... do you find any change in the process of these government officials in releasing your ration card. Even I carry the same complaint of having applied for the ration card since a year and I am yet to receive it. Whatz the point in posting our issues here. Do any of us have a clue if this site is being visited by any of the above said officials and are they trying to do something about this. As rightly said by one of our friend above it is not really worth being a true citizen of India in India..?

17th of Dec, 2007

I have a similar experience. I had applied for a ration card in late 2006. I had surrendered my old card as well. Though the officials came to my house for an enquiry and noted down the details, nothing has happened to date. The govt has made a stupid policy that we can get gas connections & refills only of we have a ration card. Thus, even though we do not want to procure ration supplies, we are forced to apply for a ration card with an incompetent authority.

• Di
      22nd of Dec, 2007

Hi friends,

I dont have any such complaints to post in this site, but i wanna say that do not give up our rights. We are suppose to fight for our rights, but in this machine world no one (including me) will do that, because we got a lots of work to do with. Anyways im gonna step in civil supplies dept, t-nagar for getting NOC certificate for not holding a ration card. As a bachelor, i have driving licence, pan card, voters id, pass port, OBC certificate etc., but our stupid govt will not give us a gas connection unless otherwise a person holds a ration card or NOC for not holding a ration card and this rule is applicable only in tamilnadu and karnataka (y govt is not following the same in all other states). In other states it is adequable if v have legal address proof as listed by the authorities.

• Go
      30th of Dec, 2007

Hallo, I am a retaired honoary officer from Defence service. I applied for a ration card vide NC/196515/06 dated 18 Aug 2006 after my superannunation from the defence. The varification is also done and I am yet to receive a ration card. Very frequently I visit the civil supply office at tambaram and the reply from the ration inspector is your card is send for printing. Can I know how long it will take for printing, any intimation is send to the individual for the readiness of the card, or even the process is not started how one will come to know. Is any authority monitor these requests.

• Pr
      18th of Jan, 2008

Dear Forum,

I am a physically handicapped and was married to a physically handicapped female. I am also facing the same probs with the issue of ration card. after hearing the announcement made by the food minister of tamilnadu, thinking that the government is doing something useful for the poor. I approached the office. The chief minister and his colleagues are raising their collars as they are "OONAMUTRAVARGALIN NANBAN". The saidapet TSO office is in first floor. I climbed the stairs by crawling and went to meet the TSO. He is just curious in throwing me out of his office. He is asking the question how dare you entered my office. you should not come here. At this point i am thinking what is meant by fundamental rights. Dont i have right to claim. I think the only mistake that was done by our parents was not kiling us as soon as they came to know that we both are handicap. Becoz of the non issue of the ration card i couldnt claim the family pension of my mother as she was a PA to DEEO, in Education Dept., for which I am eligible being a physically handicapped who is unable to earn a lively hood.

Please let me know whom to approach.

• Sh
      28th of Jan, 2008

Complaints on "Civil Supplies Corporation of Tamil Nadu"
    Read more complaints on this Company
    Civil Supplies Corporation of Tamil Nadu
    Posted: 2008-01-29 by S.Shameera Banu [send email]
    Delay in issue of Ration card!

Complaint Rating:
    I applied for a new ration card, I am also married two chinld because. I got the deletion certificates both for me and my wife from our previous ration card from the respective authorities. I submitted the originals of the deletion certificate along with the application for the new ration card. This was done nine months back to the Civil Supplies Commissioners office at Kunnam, Perambalur Dist. inquiry was not conducted for address proof. still not received new ration card i am waiting at last 6 years, i am applied 4 times but still not received what happened. i am waiting

• Dr
      19th of Feb, 2008

This is to be noted that I had applied for a new ration card at Trichy taluk office (near rockfort) 8 months back , of which i hvnt received my card till now. they ended up by issuing me an NOC for gas connection then, and with that i applied for the gas , now that 6 months r over, a problem again arose from the gas agency disconnecting my gas supply since i dint produce ration card as the NOC which i produced earlier expired. again i applied for a new ration card on 11th feb 2008 , and again i am in a state of ; like how i was 8 months back - without any ration card or gas connection. I kindly request the higher authorities to look into the citizens needs and the main new problems arising coz of earlier ones. Appreciate if looked into the matter.