Auto Portfolio Services / Switch from Peak 5

1 US Review updated:

I was unaware of the switch between Peak5 and this new company. I found out when the check I had sent them was returned almost a month later! I am so tired of this company switching names! I am going to go out today in hopes of finding another car just so I do not have to deal with them anymore!!

Sp

Comments

• Te
      Oct 06, 2009

I was also unaware of the switch between Peak5 and The Auto Portfolio Services just like I was unaware of the switch between Centrix and Peak5. I am in the military and these people just don't know how I almost got into a world of trouble trying to explain to my supervisor and other higher ups as to why I was behind on my auto loan especially when you have an allotment setup!!! I had to track down what happened to my money and everything!!! As soon as i'm able to pay these people off i'm done!!! I wouldn't recommend their services to ANYONE!!!

• Tm
      Oct 13, 2009

I am absolutely done with this company. I purchased my car in 2003 when it was brand new. It is almost 2010 and they said I still owe $5, 222.00!!! The company's name has gone from Centrix, to Flat Iron, to Peak 5 and now to Auto Portfolio Services! It is all the same people and they are all still very rude. I am so glad that I traded that car off last week and got a new car. My lien holder is a local company and their office is less than 10 minutes from my home. I do not recommend this company to anyone. To anyone that is still unfortunately having to deal with these people, my best advice to you is to get out while you can! Why won't the US government do something about this company???

A dissatisfied customer in Hoover, AL.

• Ca
      Nov 21, 2009

I have experienced the exact same problems with this loan company or should I say companies. To this day I have only received one letter of acknowledgement of that fact that they even have my loan. I too, had a check returned a month and a half later to find out that Peak5 no longer was the carrier. I never get statements. I am almost afraid to send any money to them for fear that it may not end up on my account. It is definitely scary.

Nov 25, 2009

I am having the same problems with this company they are so rude and disrespectful I have been with them since I purchase my vehicle in 2004 I have a 2003 ford explorer and they have also lost my checks before when they were centrix they are very very unprofessional I did not here from them when they switch from peak 5 to Auto Portfolio for a month in a half I called no phone number available I tried the internet no site no available statements were mailed out to me. I fell behind on my notes because of no contact with them and financial difficulties mine me now!!! I was paying on time every month I have a fairly decent paying record. I owe these people 5, 000 a few hundred with that. They are in the process of reposessing my vechicle I am not 3 months behind I owe them 1 payment and a little over half and i continue to make my regular payments on time and add more with that for the back balance and they will not work with me. The person that handles my account hung up in my face when i told him i had that truck for 5 yrs and said you cannot work with me even the customer service reps are riduculous they are going to continue to switch companies until they get it together. It is very scary to send money through the mail I pay a extra $9.50 a month which I dont have going through moneygram. My statements are also screwed up They are a hot mess but I know my rights!!!