Akc Bluediamond Yorkies / Yorkie puppy

2 Middleburg, FL, United States Review updated:

We bought a puppy from Christin we met in a parking lot and the puppy died 1 week later, since day 1 the puppy was not eating, not playing, not active at all. We took the puppy 5 times to the Vet in 1 week and vet suggest to syringe feed him, but everyday he was getting worse, went back to Vet and was hospitalized for 3 days, then went back home still sick and syringe feeding him, he started popping black like blood, and had some reflux.. Apparently he had gastric issues, and he had Melena, the Vet said they could try a blood transfusion but that puppy was very sick and probably couldn't make it and it could probably had complications in the future, so we decided to put him to sleep, he was just 8 weeks.. Now we are stuck with Vet bills and lost $1, 200 from the cost of puppy. This lady won't even answer my emails or phone calls. She probably refuses to do a refund, please be aware of this breeder!

Lu
Aug 28, 2016

Comments

• Cu
      29th of Aug, 2016

So Sorry for your loss.

I have bought from a breeder but not in a parking lot, usually you visit the breeder first to make sure you are a match, then you go a pay for the puppy and get all the paperwork. I do not think you bought off a reliable breeder, did you check them out online?

• Jk
      30th of Aug, 2016

So, like, how much did you pay for this abortion? I'd suggest you leave your cash and cards with me. For "safe keeping." Capiche? You just contact me when you want to drop a buck for something. I'll advise you. No charge, babe.

• Pr
      7th of Dec, 2017

I also bought from this breeder. She would NEVER let us come to where the pup was...pup died within the month. Also met us in a parking lot...quickly handed over puppy and left. DO NOT buy from this lady!!!

12th of Jan, 2019

@PReay You are a m*o*r*o*n.

10th of Feb, 2018

I bought my yorkies also from Blue Diamond Yorkies where we met in a parking lot. Pictures of puppy for sale show ears standing and advertised as 7 lbs full grown. At 5 years old yy yorkie is floppy earred and 15 lbs!

• Do
      13th of Apr, 2018

Hello Everyone,
    I did not realize until now that this site was out there. I am truly sorry to read that anyone has had a bad experience with their little bundle of joy.
    I have a little girl, Lea Rose, actually full name is Lea Rose of my heart. Lea is going on four years old and she is the joy of my every day life. I treat her as though she were my own child. I still am considering a little boy. The Yorkshire Terriers have the most interesting personalities. Everyone has a preference. All well cared for pets are a reward to there owners.
    My experience with Kristen has always been as very pleasurable. She went out of her way to help me with my decision. Kristen is a thoughtful breeder and I trust her fully. She has breed for years and does know what she is doing. When we lived in Saint Johns, Florida., the people I spoke to as I waited in the Vetrinarians Office had heard that she is the foremost breeder to go to for yorkies, especially the tiny tea cups. By the way, she has every right to meet outside her home. She has had bad experiences with some people. The rules are made to protect the animals. Anyone should be able to realize that there are good reasons to protect your home and families. She is wise and practical.
    I have to say I do not like air travel for these precious bundles of joy. They are babies and should be treated as such. Why wouldn’t you want to go and personally pick-up your new puppy? Try to use your heads, as I said they are babies, respect that.
    Kristen will work out any reasonable concern.

• Lu
      12th of Jan, 2019

@Donna Leyder Seriously? So that is why she gave us another healthy puppy? She never answer my texts agter I
    Told her the puppy passed away

• Ba
      23rd of Apr, 2018

I am in the same boat with my puppy. Just bought him 6 days ago. Christin gave me dry puppy food, which I questioned because he had very little teeth. He ate some, but struggled. She said to give him honey 3x a day to keep glycemic levels up. I gave the honey regularly, and offered food round the clock. He always vomited, and was very lethargic for a puppy. It got worse, so I took him to the vet on the morning of day 3. His blood glucose was a 24 (which is verge of death), got a dose of dextrose, syringe fed him, and came home. I gave him 2 hours to see if he changed. He got worse. He would fall over when trying to stand. I emailed Christin, who said she would be available any time I had questions, no response. I rushed him to the local vet ER. Blood glucose dropped to 20!! He was in the ER vet hospital for over 2 days with IV's and monitored care. I was hopeful the ER stay would get him over the hump. However, there was no change and he is still fighting for his life. I have been to my regular vet twice today to test his glucose levels and go back again tomorrow morning. Only thing I can do now for him, is to syringe feed him every 2 hours, continue to go back to the vet for more tests, and hope he isn't dead when I check on him. Vet bills at this point have far exceeded the price I paid for a healthy puppy, just a week ago.
    My husband and I came to the conclusion, that Christin didn't wean him properly and do her job as a breeder to ensure my puppy was eating and thriving before selling him. My husband stumbled on this site tonight, while trying to research her as a breeder. I was hopeful that my baby would pull through, but reading about others having the same issues, makes me very worried again.
    I am not inconvenienced by caring for my little puppy, or even the vet bills adding up. I made the committment to having a puppy and doing what is necessary to care for him. I am just not pleased with the lack of care from Christin as a breeder to turn a sick puppy on to someone else without ensuring they are adjusted and ready on their own. Very irresponsible, and I wish I had found this site before I decided to choose one of her puppies.

12th of Jan, 2019

@Baldwin26 So why aren't your vets calling the ASPCA for this?

• Do
      18th of Jun, 2018

Not everyone should have the privilege of adopting the tiny tea cup puppies. The tea cups require a great more care. Try and invision a premature baby. They need to be encouraged to eat and if you do not stay on top of their diet their blood sugar will certainly drop. The puppies were issued with documentation from a registered veterinarian from the State of Florida.
    First I would have researched all there was to know about the tinies. I would let my veterinarian know about my choice to make certain that this would be a good choice. I would have taken my puppy directly home and taken care of it. I would have every conceivable product, Food, equipment thought of for the proper care. since the puppy came from a very protected environment, I would keep visitors away for at least the first six months. This is a baby folks.
    I have carefully read all these supposedly well meaning warnings. Has any one of you check yourselves instead of the breeder? I know most people like to think they know what they are doing even when they do not. Sometimes people do not like to admit they do not know really what to do. It is so much easier to blame someone else. The fact is the puppy was healthy when you got it so says the Florida Certificate. Another thing...most breeders will take back their puppies. Maybe you would not get a refund. But is it really just about money? Because chances are the breeder would have to pay out for special care to bring the puppy up to health.
    The breeders I have met invest heart and soul into their animals. They sacrifice their time and money for healthy well breed dogs. This isn’t just a job you can walk away from.
    Breeders should provide protection for their family. Buyers need to honor a breeders private home.
    I only wish there could be a better way to quality a buyer. Perhaps the veterinarian records from a past animal to see if proper care was administered. References can be forged by well meaning friends. There must be a way to check the buyer. The only real loss is the poor animal that had the misfortune to end up with a buyer well meaning but at the same time unqualified to be in charge of its innocent life.
    I pray for all those poor animals.
    My Yorkshire Terrier is also my registered Service Animal, she is my most cherished gift. I groom her myself and I cannot stand for her to be away from me. I could be over protective I will admit. However, I have over the years had four AKC Registered dogs each with a lifespan of fourteen years or more. I can say each of my companions had a loving cared for life and only pasted away from old age.
    Some of these stories were written from a point of view and not by what really happened. If you are one of these people please spare the animal and breeders heartbreak.

• Jk
      25th of Jun, 2018

Donna: Why didn't you just offer to adopt a Trisomy 21? People abort those living fetuses. Same thing as the mutation you paid big money for. Oh, wait...no show off value? Pffft.

• Ka
      16th of Aug, 2018

Hi all. We met Christin in a parking lot for our little girl. At 6 years old, she is the light of our lives. Yorkies do require more special needs...such as diet and protection due to size. If you want a tiny dog, there's a trade off in attention and care. They do have a well known reputation for blood sugar issues because of body and organ size. Also, they due have teeth issues, again due to tiny mouths. We care for and love Talli as our child and are so happy we met Christin in that parking lot. We learned of her from our friend that had just purchased the little brother of Talli. He is just as happy and loved !!!
    I can't imagine not having Tal to kiss my face, and we're considering a sister for her. I would certainly be open for the chance to have another Blue Diamond pup.

• Lu
      12th of Jan, 2019

@Kari Owens I guess you were lucky! And I do know how much care they need I myself own a 7 year old yorkie that is 3 lbs. we just wanted another baby pup

12th of Jan, 2019

First off: meeting in a parking lot like you are buying crystal meth is beyond bizarre.

Second: your vet is a quack.

Third: make sure the breeder is licensed by the USDA. Just because some schlub decided to not spade his female dog doesn't mean he is a breeder. He just bought his dog to make money off her.