Adoreme / fraud charges

313.408.6068
[protected]@mail.wlu.edu

July 8, 2015
To whom it may concern,

I am writing to inform the Attorney General of AdoreMe.com’s fraudulent business practices. On September 21st 2014, I made a $24.95 purchase on the website of this company. Since this initial purchase, my credit card has been charged $39.99 each month due to my alleged VIP Membership with the company. However, I did not sign up for this membership or approve these charges.

Upon discovering these unapproved charges at AdoreMe.com, I investigated the matter individually before contacting my credit card company. After further research into the company’s offered membership, I discovered that their egregious business model offers fraudulent “deals” to customers. With the VIP Membership, AdoreMe.com customers are automatically charged $39.99 to spend as store credit on the website. If the customer chooses not to shop that month and does not request a refund within thirty days, the charge automatically converts to a nonrefundable store credit.

After several attempts to speak with a customer service representative at AdoreMe.com, I was able to speak to an operator who refused to connect me to her supervisor or the claims department so I could settle this matter over the phone. Clearly, this is another example of an unprofessional business practice. I contacted my credit card company to block all future charges from AdoreMe.com. As of now, the website claims I have a store credit of $359.95 that is nonrefundable because I did not ask for a refund within thirty days of each monthly charge. I have not visited this website since my initial purchase in September and was unaware that I was obligated to request a refund on a purchase that I did not make or approve because the website did not make this clear when I did my initial and only purchase.

The Better Business Bureau has awarded this company an F rating and therefore the business is not BBB accredited. The company has received 414 complaints within the last 3 years. Of this 414, 230 of these complaints are categorized as “Collection Issues.”

I am extremely surprised that a company with these practices has been able to survive. No reputable business is allowed to take your money and not offer the option of a refund. I find this matter extremely troubling and therefore I hereby request,
a). A full refund of the unapproved amount of $359.95 charged to my credit card.
b). All future charges to my credit card from AdoreMe.com to be blocked
c). Immediate action against the fraudulent business practices of AdoreMe.com.

I appreciate in advance any advice you can offer or any action you may take.
Sincerely,