Adco media corp / Business advertiser

17835 ventura blvdEncino, CA, United States Review updated:
3.55
We would like to know if this company is legal for the marketing of American home today magazines in fl.they sold to our company a space for business for 6 months for a value of 1, 134.00 dollars and this supposed to be marketed beginning of January, but we haven't gotten any thing yet the the local business contractor that visited the office gave a wrong number for contact and we are getting concerned about our money and business. The name is james march [protected].
Va

More Adco media corp Complaints & Reviews

Comments

As
  23rd of Sep, 2008
I don't know. They were VERY late on our publication and the commercial is not out yet. I'm going out of business next month with nothing to show for my $1500!!
  23rd of Sep, 2008
This is a tried and true company with thousands of HAPPY business who resign and promote thier companies regularly.

What could have happened is that the book had not been filled yet because they can't print untill it is filled.

I am sure that the business that made the first complaint is quite happy by now.
  23rd of Sep, 2008
I have been very pleased as well. I agree with the last post, sometimes things happen. If you are still having trouble getting in contact with your rep, try calling the corp number and see if you can get in contact with him or his manager.

Hope it works out, they are nice to work with and great exposure.
Ji
  4th of Nov, 2008
It was slow when the ad broke. Since then I have been getting a great response. The art dept did a wonderful job on my ad and I will be doing this ad again
Gr
  11th of Nov, 2008
Watch out! Their business office is screwey! Art will say one thing one day and send you a threatening letter the next. His supervisor Corrine is just about the most nasty person that I have ever encountered.

When called to task, they create lies and try to blame you for unprofessional behavior which did not happen.

The book, however looks great, however, getting the crusie line entry forms and information regarding the TV spots have, thus far, been an impossible mission.
Dr
  23rd of Dec, 2008
Wow, I am very suprised!!! I have been advertising for almost 3 years. I would suggest a call to corporate. My rep has been extremely helpful with this and other general marketing questions. I find the advertising to be great exposure and very effective. I hope your problems are resolved.
Re
  19th of Feb, 2009
This company is a scam BEWARE! they're "managers" post good reviews on sites like this in an attempt to counteract all the complaints against this company. I am an exprienced Media sales person this company tried to hire me with promise of 50k draw plus uncapped commissions it was not until I got into the training session that my exprienced lead me to realize this is scam. They claim to be a co-op advertiser with Publix in South Florida and that they have the exclusive rights to put there mags in Publix that is a lie. Publix sales "rack space" to companies these rack companies than sale space to ADCO and companies like them. Adco promises TV, Internet it all a lie you may get an ad in the magazine and I stress maybe. Some of the people who say they've had a good expriences with ADCO say the company was late delivering the Magazine. My question is why? Since ADCO claims it does all of it's printing in house at it's "state of the art" printing shop in California. ADCO also claims they advertise on major TV in the area (South Florida) networks such as FOXNEWS, LifeTime, and others, my question is if ADCO can do all of this for 1500 to 1700 dollars for six months of advertisment why isn't everybody advertising with them? I'll answer my own question because it's a SCAM! I was told in the "Training Session" Don't make it sound "TO GOOD TO BE TRUE". I think that says all you need to know about ADCO.
Rl
  15th of Mar, 2009
I paid for an ad in the American Home Today magazine in January that was to be released in March at the local Lucky's store. When I checked with the store manager at Lucky's they told me the free magazine rack had been removed from their store at end of February. I emailed my sales rep, Jack Ward, of this situation and he told me he would look into it and then never called me back. I wish I had done more research before signing & paying. Be aware!!
Re
  7th of May, 2009
Adco Media does not offer a base of $50, 000 to any sales rep. The above listing was writen by Adco Media competition. CLEARLY
Gl
  29th of May, 2009
My name is Gary Lavine and I am the president of Adco Media Corp. The owner of this company and I have been in this business for over 35 years respectively. We are currently servicing over 6, 000 advertising customers each year and are quite proud of our record. It's not unusual for a company to have a few complaints (whether founded or not) over a long period of time. The complaints on this site are from 2002 forward. Actually, even a dozen or so dissatisfied customers over the last 7 or 8 years is an insignificant number even though it is our mission statement to do all that we can to come to a mutually beneficial resolution when a complaint does arise. The internet is a wonder of the world. However, anyone can post a complaint and for that matter a favorable posting. It doesn't matter if it's a disgruntled independent contractor (sales rep), a competitor or any other person that is so inspired to place negative or positive postings. Keeping that in mind, I sincerely invite any of our customers or other business owners approached by our independent contractors and/or managers to contact me personally with even minor complaints should they materialize. My email address is glavine@adcomedia.com or I can be reached at 800-344-5654, extension 112.
  1st of Jun, 2009
My husband and myself paid for 6months of advertising, which included a TV ad. We were promised numerous items, some within the agreement, some only verbal. We were supposed to be on page 6 of the ad; we were on page 16. We were supposed to be the ONLY gym within the book; we had our closet competitor on the back page.

I emailed the design employee NUMEROUS times regarding our TV ad proof and never received ONE response. Neither myself, my husband, friends or members ever saw a TV ad for us. I find that hard to believe since every other time I have advertised I have friends and members telling me all the time they seen it!

I told our sales rep we would not be paying our balance because they breached their contract both written and verbally. We just received a letter today from a lawyer stating that they were sending us to collections!

When I called ADCO, they proceeded to tell me that the design team has left numerous messages on my voicemail regarding the proof and balance. I never received one!

Needless to say, I am filing a complaint with the BBB and possibly even a small claims suit to try to recouperate all of money.

VERY DISSATISFIED.
Dm
  8th of Jun, 2009
Same thing happened to me. The magazine was over 1 month late and I never saw my tv ads and stopped payment for my entire balance with my credit card company. One year later an attorneys office called threatened to sue me if I didnt' pay. I told him to prove my ads ran and he said we'll see you in court and hung up on me. I talked to a realtor who advertised and he said he never got everything he was promised as well. He said if they sued me he would countersue them for breach of contract. We'll see what happnes but I have no intention of paying. Don't advertise with them. I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau as well.
Il
  14th of Jun, 2009
I worked for this ADCO Media about three years ago. I was an independent rep in the Northeast being paid a "commission only" for sales that I made. Let me tell you, "I was sickened by the misrepresenation and false promises that ADCO MEDIA made first to me, and then from me to my unsuspecting small business owners." The false promises of cable TV spots is a HOAX and a FLAT-OUT LIE !!! The so-called "magazines" which were nothing more than a 2, 3 or 4 page bunch of low-budget ads were NEVER placed in the ShopRites and A&P food stores as promised. I felt like I was ripping people off and had to leave the company ASAP. DO NOT spend one dime with this fraudulent, scam company called ADCO Media Group out of California. There were phony recruiting tactics they used to hire salespeople, scam artists from Long Island named Tony Guerrieri and from Wayne, NJ named Steve cohen I believe. I worked for them, DO NOT USE ADCO MEDIA from California or anywhere else for that matter. You will be throwing your advertising dollars out the window!!
Ad
  14th of Jun, 2009
Hey Gary Lavine...how come your name does NOT appear anywhere on that pathetic website of yours?? How come when you do a Google search, your company's site doesn't even appear EXCEPT under the complaints and rip-off?? Gary, would you agree Tony Guerrieri is a scam artist?? And what about Jack Brown and Ed Clancy, do these people even exist?? What happened to your boy Steve Cohen in Wayne NJ, the big heavy hitter you had perpetrating this fraud?? Hey Gary, you Phony, you call this a website http://www.adcomedia.com ???? You should burn in hell for the SCAM that ADCO Media is !!!
Ta
  17th of Sep, 2009
This is definately a SCAM... I agree with all the other complaints. Our TV commerical was never aired and when asked for proof of the commercial airing no one could provide it. DO NOT USE THEM! They just gobble up people's money...
Nd
  13th of Nov, 2009
I assure you this company is a scam. We have a local TV channel that is in the process of putting a scam alert together.

I live outside Atlanta. There were somewhere around 20 small businesses that signed up for the magazine ad and TV commercials. The only magazine you will see is the one they mail to you.
I contacted all but 3 of the businesses that paid for the advertisement and not one of them got what they were promised either.

I have in writing we were promised Thirty 30 second commercials. It has been over a year now and still no commercial.

Adco's attorney called me attempting to collect the balance of the contract. While I had him on the phone I ask him to google Adco. He did so and seemed to be surprised of all the negative post.

I told him I would be glad to pay the balance when I get the commercials I was promised. I have not heard anything since.

I was promised I would be able to proof the ad, that didn't happen, I was promised I would be able to review the TV commercial before it aired, that still hasn't happened. When I called and spoke with the office in Ca. they kept saying it is published in the magazine. I finally told them the magazine don't mean anything I paid this money for the TV commercials.

I called comcast and they told me they never heard of Adco Media and did not run any commercials for them.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE NOTHING BUT A SCAM!
Bl
  17th of Nov, 2009
Anyone interested in a class-action lawsuit against them? They screwed us over, too!
Me
  19th of Nov, 2009
I agree. BEWARE< STAY AWAY FROM ADCO> I am in Maryland and have been alerted due to the delay in the printing of my ad. When I inquire they always have an excuse. I went on the www.localsupersavers.com website to locate other businesses in my area. I called some of them and NOT ONE of them has ever seen a cable ad for their business from adco.
NOT ONE of them ever received the SUPPOSED hard copy of the schedule for the cable ads. I was amazed that it seems that most business folks get so busy and the paper ads take soooo long to come out, they totally forget they were even promised ta hard copy of the schedule for the cable ads. I say if you didnt get the schedule you cant prove they ever ran them. BEWARE of this company. I am soooo sorry I ever signed with them and I encourage every company to aviod them at ALL COST.
Ch
  7th of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Has anyone had success with taking Adco Media to small claims court? I have been in business too long... but like an idiot I was still duped by them. The magazine finally came out and is placed at a Whole Foods in West Los Angeles, CA. The problem is that the stand is outside and a far distance from the front entrance. And the fun part is that there are barrels that have been placed in front of the stand. The chances of anyone seeing the magazine with my ad is ZERO.
Bu
  14th of Jan, 2010
If this company is so bad, how can it still be in business? It sounds to me like all of you may have been ripped off by bad or former salespeople that were bad people from the start. Sometimes good companies hire and train thieves without being aware. Bad people will lie and con a really good company just like they lie, cheat and steal from you. Maybe you and this company can work together to help put these bad salespeople behind bars because if they lied to you and lied to this company they will continue to lie to other companies that they represent and steal more from other good people like yourselves. Just a thought...