Claire KleinFREE gift wasn't free

I went to arvest.com and a survey popped up. It said to take this 30 sec survey and get a free* gift. So I clicked on it, assuming it was some promotional offer, but it said all I had to do was pay shipping and handling. So I ordered my husband a pair of sunglasses for Valentine's Day, thinking I got a good deal even if they weren't the best quality glasses. I received an email confirming my order and it said I could expect to receive my shipment within 5-7 business days. We still have not received the order, which I placed on Feb. 6, but they are now charging me $98.99 and claiming it was a "trial" offer. I have sent 3 emails because you cannot call their 877 number. I was on hold for 17 minutes and then it said "extension 000 could not be found" and my call was lost. I'm going to try to file a complaint with the BBB, but we will see if they can do anything.

• Dh
    Dharv3 Feb 15, 2010

I got scammed by this same survey. I went for the 70 dollar neclace and just had to pay 1 dollar plus 3.99 shipping. Have not received necklace and now a charge for 95.00 has shown up on my debit card account. How can we get the word out about these guys? I will do anything to shut them down. It is a scam. Claire Kleins phone number had a message that said "We are closed thursday and friday for Thanksgiving please try back on monday". This was today Feb 15th. Nice Thanksgiving day break I'd say.

CL Brown Feb 15, 2010

These crooks need to be taught a lesson! I am a Consumer Class Action Attorney and we are always looking to go after crooks that take advantage of consumers this way. We need people who are willing to stand up and be class representatives and help others who are being cheated but are afraid to do anything about it. We never charge our class action clients any money whatsoever. My email is [email protected] Please contact me if you are interested into looking into this further. Thank you.

CL Brown

Robert L.Weber Jr. Feb 16, 2010

I also got scammed !!! They sent the wrong necklace for my girlfriend (not the one in the picture or ad)and charged me $95.00 What a rip off!!!

• Ke
    Kelly McDo Feb 16, 2010

I also got scammed! Necklace came today and looks like it came out of a cracker jack box. Actually got a representative on the phone, but he just was the icing on the cake. Says to email the support email so they can refund the 95.00 that was taken out of my account 2 days ago. I have sent three emails, with no response.

Anamika Aggarwal Feb 17, 2010

I also got scammed! THere was a pop up on computer to take a 30 sec survey and you would get claire Klein heart necklace for $1 and a disaster aid kit also for $ 1 and I need to pay shiping $ 8. Total deduction $10. I ordered it on Feb 09' 2010 and came to the very same day that it is a scam. Hence, I cancelled my order for both the products on Feb10'2010. But I came to know that my order has been shipped already. When I call their customer care numbers. ie., 877 240 9712, they put me on hold for 15 minutes and then hang up. In addition, I sent emails also with no response. According to the terms and conditions, if I would not able to ship these products back to them by Feb 18' 2010 stamped with post office stamp and product's RMA number. THese people will deduct $ 95 for Claire Klein heart necklace and $100 for Disaster aid kit. So, before they deduct more money from my bank account, I will withdraw all of it and will cancel my overdraft facility. I think that would a lesson to these crooks.

Anamika Aggarwal

clhclcclo Feb 17, 2010

Same thing happened to me. A popup came up to take a survey for a "free" gift and I chose the heart necklace. Not even 10 days later they charged my account 95.00. Now I have to admit that their terms do say it is a trial and you will be charged in full for the product if you don't cancel within 10 days. Of course, I didnt read that. They did not wait 10 days. I had not even received it in 10 days. I got it on the 11th day. It is not even worth 95 cents let alone 95 dollars. I too sent the email and it says on their website, you will get a respone in 24 hrs. That was yesterday morning over 24 hrs ago. No response. I called their cust service number. After calling for several hours and getting several different messages, I did get a rep. They said it could take 48 hours. I have sent several emails to no avail. I don't even know how to go about reporting them to anyone or what to do. If anyone has had luck in reporting them, or knows what I can do, please let me know. Email [email protected] Please no more scammers. I have learned my lesson.

claimer Feb 19, 2010

It seems that Claire Klein stole all of our money! Is there anyone who knows how can we pursue our rights? Is it possible to refund our money via bank account?
    As far as I know, they charged only extra $95? Is there anyone charged more than additional $95?

Robert Ha Feb 19, 2010

I purchased some jewelry for $3.99 +$ 1.00 for shipping & handling I have not received the bracelet yet I just checked my account and I found that you charged my credit card $ 95.00 without my Approval. At no time was there any mention of this charge in your material on this bracelet. This unauthorized charge left my checking account with a insufficient funds charge of $30.00 THIS IS SCAM, I want my Money Back into my account. My Name is Robert Harn----E-Mail [email protected]

jodan Feb 20, 2010

I also got scammed the same way for a piece of junk necklace which has cost me $134 after the $4.99 shipping and handling plus the $95 and an overdraft fee of $34. The necklace looks like it came out of a gumball machine.
    Please tell your friends. This is a big scam and judging from all the comments they are making a ton of money at our expense. Daniel L Johnson 2-20-10

Ronald R. Feb 20, 2010

you can report them to the BBB at www.bbb.com . claire klein is located at fernando dr. glendale, Ca.91204 if you have any money in your account you will be debted again for 100 dollars the only way you can stop this is to put a block on your account or cancel it . but if you do nothing they will keep debted your account! believe me they got me too!!!

• Mj
    mjean027 Feb 22, 2010

has anybody recieve a refund yet? or should i just give up on trying to get a refund? help

sandra thomas Feb 22, 2010

i am also a victim. I complained to my bank and they are going to help me with the complaint and has temporarily returned my money while they process the claim. Bank of America is great . I am a snr citizen on a limited income. I also thought i was getting a free pr of earrings. I don't think they would fit my toddler granddaughter. I think the best way to start is to call the attorney general in your state. I found this site by accident. I thought i was going to register to win $ 3000.00 from Walgreens lol. Good luck everyone.([email protected]

• Sh
    sherri barbarin Feb 23, 2010

WAS TOLD I HAD WON THIS PRIZE & HAD 3 TO CHOOSE FROM, SO I CHOSE A BRACELET FOR MY HUBBY, I WAS ONLY SUPPOSED TO PAY SHIPPING.
    HOWEVER WHEN I GOT THE BRACLET, AND CHECKED MY BANK ACCOUNT THEY HAD CHARGED ME $95.00 PLUS THE SHIPPING I WAS ONLY SUPPOSED TO PAY.
    IF SOMEONE POPS UP AND SAYS YOU HAVE WON, IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

• He
    HELEN JACKSON-BROWN Feb 24, 2010

SAME HERE

• Ba
    B.A.J Feb 24, 2010

I guess there are alot of us who have been mislead/lied to. I also got a popup of all places on my banks home page, imagine that! I went to my bank and had to cancel my card. At that time i did not realize this took place on my banks home page. They contacted the co. and was told i would have my money credited back but i don't know how because my debit card was cancelled. I would love for all of us to be able to have a class action lawsuit. Lets not let them win thats what their hoping for. We need to put the screws to them. A robber has more guts by doing so to your face, these people are cowards the poeple working for them are low of the lowest. They will some day have this come back to bite them in the ###.

• So
    sondra Hager Feb 25, 2010

I also was scamed by this so called company .The e-mail address they posted does not exist. I have tried to contact them with no soccess. Sondra

• De
    Deanna Garrard Feb 25, 2010

I was offered a necklace for 1 dollar plus 3.99 S&H. 12 days later my credit card was billed for 95 dollars. I want my money back. Cancel this SCAM give a place to return this necklace and lets call it even. What were you thinking? Also, anyone who is reading, please call your credit card company and chnage you card number. Do not become a victim any more.

anorris101 Mar 02, 2010

i was told i would recieving the jewelry absolutly free and only pay shipping and handling. I choose the braclet for my boyfriend. i later found out that my checking account was not only charged the 4.99 but also an additional 95.00. in all it caused an overdraft that left my paycheck withheld. will not fall for it ever again.

• Wi
    wicked402 Mar 03, 2010

The email about this company looked great and for only $1.00 plus $4.99 shiping and handling it was a great deal, I ordered a man's bracelet it looked great so I ordered one for my boy friend but never got that one a all but did have two payment of $95.oo taken out of my checking account I did not know that they were going to take $190.00 more for the bracelets it did not say any thing about that when I ordered the bracelets for if I had know that would have never made the order and now can not get Claire Klein to make it right. I called them and talked to some one that said they would send me a email and to write back to the email but I never got the email and now when I call no one anwers the call I just get told that I can not leave a voice mail and to go to [email protected] klein .com. I work had for all the money I get and can not just losse this much money. I hope this can help get back my money and will never use Claire Klein again. Rodney Rabel

Carl J. Cerreta Mar 04, 2010

I was also scammed by CLAIRE KLEIN, The necklace was soposidly shipped on 1/30 and I was billed the $ 1.00 for the product plus $ 3.99 for S/H. I then received the necklace on 2/11 and was billed $ 95.00 on 2/12. That was some trial period. I called the 877 number without any responce. I Emailed them on 2/16...no responce. I re-Emailed them on 3/2, and I finally received a reply on 3/3 that said..."we replyed to you on 2/18, and here is a copy of the email we sent". "UNFORTUNETLY your grace period has expired...read the terms & conditions" The necklace's quality is horrible. I had it appraised, it is worth about $ 20.00, and I was billed $ 98.99 in total. CLAIRE KLEIN SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS.

• Ke
    Keith E. Dunwoody Mar 04, 2010

I received an offer to complete a survey and I would get a piece of jewlery of my choice, out of four options, for only $1.00 plus $4.99 shipping and handling. I received the jewlery, which was not accuratley portrayed, and they charged my bank account an additional $95.00. The quality of the item I received was not worth $95.00, and I could have easily gotten it at WalMart for $15.00. I have sent them an e-mail and asked for a credit to my account for the unauthorized $95.00, with no response.

Jackie Corby Mar 08, 2010

Here I am...another stupid person who got taken in by Claire Klein jewelry

• Cr
    Credito22 Mar 08, 2010

I can help to settle any unsecured debts that you have at a guaranteed rate of 55% of your balance or better and put you on monthly installment payments of 12 to 48 months. This will lower your monthly payments and principal balance.
    Please email me at [email protected] for more information. Members of USOBA, TASC.

candice long Mar 12, 2010

I too was scammed by Claire Kleins free but not free offer. They also gave a false phone number on my bank statement. I did the survey and chose the necklace. My account was deducted the dollar and the 3.99 and then two weeks later the account was deducted 95.00. Because of this I am now behind on bills, my debit card had to be cancelled and this company obviously doesn't give a ### that they are ripping people off. I guess you just can't trust anyone anymore.

• Ho
    hoseak Mar 15, 2010

I bought a neckclace for $1.00 and s/h $3.99 and I just clicked only$4.99 but they charged $99, 99. So please give me back my credit to my credit acount!

• Ka
    katherine bothwell Mar 17, 2010

the same thing happen to me i supposely won a necklace for 100 plus 499 shipping then they debit my bank account without my apporal and then when i sent it back they keep my money and jewelry so i would like to know what is being done about this company and how can i get my money back yhank you katherine bothwell

• Ra
    Randall Roy Mar 17, 2010

I also did a survey and my necklace still as not came

• Da
    dawn marie Mar 18, 2010

I took an online survey from my bank and got a free gift (earings) I only had to pay for shipping and handling, but when I got my credit card statement they charged me 95.00. Trust me the earings aren't even worth 5.00. I will be reporting to the bbb.

rodrigoestefan Mar 22, 2010

this company still a rob .. we need call agency business internet...

bonnie Pat Mar 24, 2010

I totally agree about being scammed by this company claire Klein.com

• Gg
    GGma Mar 25, 2010

Its hard to believe what a complete scam this Claire Klein " jewelry is. I too, was cheated by this entity that calls itself Claire Klein. MP

claimer Mar 28, 2010

Although I missed the 10 day trial period, I returned the product back in the 15 day return back period and refund my $95 back. In this period, I talked also with my bank (bank of america) and they also started an investigation. In this period, they also added to my account $95. When ClaireKlein paid back my money, the bank withdrew its credit.

I do not know why and how ClaireKlein gave my money back. My bank might affect this process. Therefore, It will be good for you to contact with your bank about the situation.

Good luck!

Norma Hammond Apr 07, 2010

I was supposed to get a free necklace (heart pendant) for using a support question line and only had to pay $4.95 shipping and handling, what a scam it charged me $95.00 for a necklace that look like it cost $5.00. Nothing was mentioned about the 95.00 until it was taken out of my acct. I sent the necklace back and am expecting my 95.00 back, now they are saying I didn`t send an RMA number with it . Maybe because I didnt` get one!!!

• Ms
    ms. sharon smith Apr 13, 2010

I was billed for something i never order or received from Claire Klein I never authorized this order. my credit card company is billing me 95.00 dollars plus 35.00 more dollars.I would like be contacted by phone .please give me a call at 504621-3104

• Ms
    ms. sharon smith Apr 13, 2010

I have a 95.00 dollars purchase charge a 25.00 overdraft fee and a insufficient funds fee of 25.00 dollars plus a 10.00 service fee . i need to contacted at 504-621-3104 soon as possible.

Bonnnie robinson Apr 29, 2010

i refused the package when it arrived i have been trying to call these people ever sence, ICAN NOT GET A HOLD TO ANYONE <BUT YET THEY KEEP CALLING FROM A SISTER COMPANY WANTING MORE INFO ..., but will not give me a correct # where i can get this debit taken off my account. i am very upset about this it is a houx..

Bonnnie robinson Apr 29, 2010

yes i have been trying to get in contact with this peopl sence they have sent the order out and i refused it, it will not recive calls at all it puts you on hold then does some crazy soud and ends the call after holding for over 7-8 mins that is on my cell phone cause i am on a fixed income and don't have long dicsatance on my phone, it would be nice it would could get a correct # .

• Bi
    bilma fontanez May 26, 2010

Hi my name is Bilma, guess same thing happen to me. Did a survey suposely get heart necklace for 3.99 shipping and handling nand got taken the $3.99 plus a weekn later a withdral form account forn $ 95.00. Sent the necklace back with a signature card that they recieved it. They did. But we are in may 26 and still nothing up to date. Do I have to take this to futher legal help.

capri57 Jul 05, 2010

I also fell victim to this company who is scamming people I did actually get to talk to a person when I called and they sent me an email detailing how to get my money refunded. I followed their directions exactly. That was in Feb 2010. It is now July and I have never received the re-imbursements of the 95.00 plus the 4.99 and the 2.99 they charged my bank accounts. I received the necklace however it was very cheap jewelry not even close to being worth 108.00. I returned it within the time allowed. I will be turing them over to the BBB. Never Never purchase anything online without reading ALL THE FINE PRINT and all the hidden links. It's in those hidden links they tell you they are going to charge your account the extra monies on a MONTHLY basis. Big scam.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices