Econolodge Inn and Suites Near Florida Mall (FL036) — unethical behavior; unauthorized attempts to get money
My son checked into this property on March 30, 2019 and was there for three hours when he was "put out." Room charge and fees of $89.99 and a $50 incidental charge had been collected at check in. He did complain to the office that there was a roach in the bathtub, other than that there was no encounter whatsoever with the hotel staff before he was "put out!" Further, there was no explanation of why he was being put out, just that they wanted him out and called the police. Police said "nothing we can do, been called here before, it's his hotel and he can put you out if he wants to", and that he can complain to the corporate office! To add insult to injury, one hour after my son had left the hotel, they tried, on two occasions, to get money from his account, first for $39. 99 and then for $89.99... Fortunately the card he used was a prepaid one and they were unable to get the money.
We wrote to the hotel but they did not respond. He contacted Choice Hotels and Priceline and they contacted the property... and they now had a made-up story to offer them about a non smoker who had been smoking in the room. Funny thing is staff was not in the room and, had there been smoking, which there was not, they would not have known before the next morning.
The hope here is that people will read this and steer clear of this hotel.
More Econolodge Inn and Suites Near Florida Mall (FL036) Complaints & Reviews
- Econo Lodge - Billing issues! 
- Choice Privileges (Choice Hotels) - didn't credit proper points! 
- Choice Hotels / Every Day Guests - rip off 
- Econo Lodge - Discriminatioon & Refund Policy 
- Choice Privileges - deceptive advertising 
- Econo Lodge - Dirty room and poor service 
- Choice Hotels - 3 stays at quality inn in december, 2017
- Econo Lodge - bed bugs 
- Econo Lodge Downtown Augusta, GA - unauthorized charges, scam
- Quality Inn - harrassement and bullying at work