B&QBathroom Installation

A

I am very upset with the service i have recived from B&Q, I purchased a Bathroom Suite and other iteams for the bathroom, when it came to making the full payment on these products B&Q was more than happy to take my money and i had serveral calls to make payment from the staff. Once the payment was made i didnt get a installation date from B&Q until a month later and thats was only because after the constant phone calls to B&Q for a installation date i had to make a visit to the store myself. Everytime i spoke to a member of staff on the phone the was very unhelpfull and was'nt will to help. I was given the installation date 10/11/2008 but the B&Q team failed to turn up, when i rang the installation date they advised me they trying to get hold of someone to install the bathroom suite, and dont know how long it will take. This is disgusting behaver from B&Q as a company and from there staff, its like once they have your money in their pockets they dont care when the iteams are installed or even delivered.
If i had the choice i would never of gone with this company and in future will not recommend anyone to go with this company either.

I am very upset and angery with B&Q and think they need some training in Customer Service and achiving objectives because clearly they are not doing this at the moment.

• Ca
    CarolynR Jun 19, 2011

When I went into the shop I said I wanted a soft close toilet seat with my bathroom suite
    When I saw the designer I said I wanted a soft close toilet seat
    When I saw the surveyor I said I wanted a soft close toilet seat
    My suite was delivered yesterday guess what it doesn't have !! a soft close seat
    When I checked the order number in the brosure it was the standard, silly me for not checking or have they pulled a fast one?
    The fitters coming tomorrow and Im furious poor s** they have my money so I don't suppose they care, that is until I go into the shop with my megaphone let's hope I'm arrested the publicity will be so good for them
    Watch out Washingto, Tyne and Wear here I come

• Je
    jenny carpenter Jul 19, 2010

I have just had a three month nightmare from B&Q Installations with my bathroom. Still ongoing. All I can say is NEVER EVER have an installation by B&Q as they have no customer services training, take four weeks to get a part, and a further two weeks to find a remedial fitter. They have just offered me £200 compensation! Told them to stick it. Will instruct a solicitor as we have all the photos documenting the disaster, and you being the customer, forget it! They have had my £4, 500 since January. Wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.

JC Sutton

• Wi
    willybong Jan 15, 2010

i dont really think uyou can blame b&q for this, this is clearly a store error and nothing to do with all of b&q stores. They and their staff are very helpful people when questions are needed to be answered and when people have problems they dont know how to solve.
    Just because you have had a bad experience with one store you cant post a comment saying how rubbish the company is. As regards to installation, b&q source out their installation to sub contractors, this could have equally been the sub contractors problem or job runover.
    So concluding on this, there is no reason what so ever not to shop at b&q as most their staff are highly skilled for a customer service role and are very polite and helpful.

• Li
    lizcat Sep 14, 2009

I bought a B&Q bathroom and had it fitted by my own builder as we had heard horror stories like yours. Unfortunately the shower unit began to fall apart within 1 month. They have tried to deny it and have sent around a so called independent company to look at it. The report they wrote is a blatant lie and we are now having to instruct the small claims court via Trading Standards - if you can get away from them do!