Alpine Payment SystemsAlpine Payment Systems

A

I purchased your mobile credit card equipment and gift cards services. The term of my purchase was that I did not want to receive or use your mobile credit card services until I also received the gift cards for my business. 5 days later I received the mobile credit card machines. I have not opened the boxes they arrived in, so I have not operated them. Immediately I was billed $150.00 per machine and have been incurring a monthly fee for the machines. At no time was I informed that I would be charged $150.00 or a monthly fee for the usage of the machines. I also have not received my gift cards as of yet. I am asking for a refund of the $150.00 per machine charge and the monthly fees to date. I would like to use your service but I find these charges unfair, as I was not informed of them, received the machines when I specifically expressed I did not want to receive them until I received the gift cards, and was immediately charged for services I am not using.

Adnanpehlivan Oct 23, 2009

I agree. They are costumer service is very bad. They don’t have any respect .They lie just to receive business.

choosejulie Nov 24, 2009

"They lie just to receive business." totally truth, ripp-off, charge your account without
    notice, terrible customer service, when you call the sale rep they did not respond
    after they got your business.

• Dr
    dreamyrockstar Dec 08, 2009

I totaly disagree... AAlpine has been great!!! Everytime I call they are very helpful an da pleasure to talk to... I have my processing my ATM and i also have a cash advance from them. I would recomend them to anyone...Their number is [protected]

• Tr
    trend Dec 13, 2009

Alpine Payment Systems is the most disreputable business I have ever dealt with in 20 years of doing business. They outright lie, and promise anything to close the sale, but they won't stand behind anything they've promised. There is no customer service. Avoid doing any type of business with these crooks. And contact your states attorney general and the FTC if you're already being taken by these thieves! They need to be stopped.

• Un
    Unhappy with Alpine Payment Systems Mar 08, 2010

Alpine Payment Systems is a company made up of liars and thiefs. They came into my business and flat lied to me about lowering my credit card processing rates in order to be able to afford a couple of leases on equipment that I really didn't need and certainly wouldn't have signed up for had I known what liars they were. Instead of lowering my rates, they almost doubled them!! Please, please, please, stay far away from this totally disreputable business.

• Mo
    mordecai Mar 10, 2010

Dreamyrockstar is obviously an employee in this den of thieves. This is one crappy company. Unless you enjoy being robbed blind, stay clear of Alpine Payment Systems.

Adnanpehlivan Jun 08, 2010

Alpine peyment system is most They're most lier, and promise anything to close the sale, but they won't stand behind anything they've promised. now they want me to pay 16K to cancel the contract.
    soon they will see my web side www.alpinepeymentsystemsucks.com

Sayrafi Aug 10, 2010

The Worst of the worst

chechan Aug 21, 2010

i just got scammed too. my wife hates me now. what did u guys do to get out of the contract

• De
    dee da Sep 25, 2010

I was contacted by an Alpine representative yesterday and I set up an appointment with them in a couple of days. I'm cancelling the appointment.

• Rs
    RSim Oct 07, 2010

The owners and management of this company are former car salesmen. That should clear up why they're as shady as they are

Adnanpehlivan Oct 12, 2010

A year A go I was the only one Now Many people complain about this company. WOW So sad. I guess Upper managment they dont deserve to be there.

• Hr
    hrdcorealex Oct 15, 2010

I just put in a complaint with the bbb and intend to go to as many federal agencies as possible. If we join forcees we will be able to get more accomplished. Have any of you guys gotten your contract cancelled yet?

chechan Oct 23, 2010

my lawyer said they'll sue the [censor] outta you if you breach the contract, so i haven't gotten out of the contract. If they get a hint you wanna cancel your contract, they'll remind you of the contract. [censor]s..

• Em
    EMILY IS A CUNT Oct 25, 2010

Heres a little helpful hint from somebody that used to work for the company. Alpine Payment Systems is the sales company that convinces you to sign the contract. They then take that contract and sell it to the leasing company. It is the leasing company that then wants the 10 - 20k or whatever it is you signed the contract for. If you change bank accounts and you do not let the leasing company take the first 2 months of payments from your account (because you have changed it) then it will become a chargeback to Alpine Payment Systems and therefore negate the contract. But you have to do this within the first 2 months! Its in the contract. They will offer you more money saying "oh we understand let us hook it up and cover the next 3 or 4 months for you, so then that way you make the first couple months payment and your stuck. CHANGE YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU HAVE SIGNED UP WITH IN THE FIRST 2 MONTHS!

alpinepaymentsystem Nov 18, 2010

Hey Folks, please review this horrible company at http://www.yelp.com/biz/apline-payment-system-vancouver#query:alpine%20payment%20system
    What a horrible spamer scamer fraud company. I Promise I will make them lose business as 100 times as i lost from them, i'm the top online marketing guy who knows how to get the word out about their fraud

• Ky
    kylemoys Dec 08, 2010

As the National Sales Manager for Alpine Payment Systems, I would like to extend my help to any customers who feel they are not getting what they signed up for. It is not Alpines intent to have unhappy customers. Please call me on my direct line if you have any issues. I will do my best to resolve any issues that you may have.

Kyle Moys
    [protected]

scottarab Dec 09, 2010

Alpine payment systems has always done what they said they would do. I have been doing business with them for 4 yrs and have save a lot of money. would highly recommend this company.

chechan Jan 04, 2011

So I called Kyle Moys of alpine payment systems after he posted he would try to help anybody with problems & he said he'll call me back. He looked over my situation & realized I'm getting screwed, but he could not do anything about it. He said he'll try to help me & will be contacting in near future. So i'm still stuck in the same situation. Gotta pay $320 a month in a situation where I'm losing money fast. I really hope when he contacts me in the near future its good news...

chechan Jan 04, 2011

So I called Kyle Moys after reading what he posted on this site. I called him & let him know my situation. After going through my account he did call me back, but to pretty much say I couldn't help you. I'm still paying $320 a month for this atm thats not making the money they say I would be making. He said he'll contact me in the future, hopefully transfering the atm, but I hold no promises of what he said to me.

• Ik
    IknowAlpine Jan 13, 2011

Alpine Payment Systems is just a bad company. I worked for them. They lease ATM's for $229 per month. The equipment costs about $3, 000 TOTAL installed annd bolted. Instead you pay over $13, 000 in lease costs. The lease a Nurit 2085 for $99 per month. This equipment costs less than $150 to BUY. In fact, their leasing company would not allow such a ripoff that Alpine had to "give you" a second machine to pass muster with the leasing company. Their 3 tier plans are really messed up. If you have a true Qualified transaction you get a great rate. However, if the transaction is not Qualified thenm your rate is outrageous. They even talked about lying to customers, telling them that they NEED to switch equipment to get our great rates because the software was different. There policy is to get as much money as they can out of their merchants in any way possible, even through deception. The owner, Robert, was a manager with a big local car dealership. I have it on good word from one of his salespeople there that he is NOT an honest person. RUN RUN RUN away.

• Bo
    bottomofthe foodchange Jan 26, 2011

I am a recently ex employee along with the 15 other employees that get terminated daily. I am a mother of a small child and have a family to take careof and same for all of my my former coworkers that were fired also. The owners of the company and their family that are employed at that company are the ONLY ones whose jobs are safe. They make you think that you are doing a fantastic job and out of NOWHERE they let you go. THey do it daily. IT IS THE FARMOST WORST COMPANY AND PEOPLE TO WORK FOR. As they pay us close to minimum wage the Owner drives up to the office in his brand new Mazerati that he can afford by ripping the country off. THey dont let on the turn over rate of the company because nobody would want to work for these evil dispicible people. THey could care less about their employees and our families. THey fired a group of people for no reason and on the form was AT WILL because there was no reason for them to fire any of us. I feel sorry for the next group that they bring in. I hope that they look up these complaints before going in because if I knew as an employee what really was going on, I would have NEVER worked for the Devil. STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

• On
    Onlooker Jan 26, 2011

One of the most unfortunate realities of online postings such as those displayed in this ripoff site is that the readers are either subject to chronic complainers or to not hearing the whole story. As a business owner the one thing I know for sure about card servicing practices is that there are variable processing fees as well as monthly fees for the use and purchase of equipment. Many companies such as Alpine Payment Systems are NOT crooks as noted here - they provide a means for businesses who might otherwise not be able to afford these services at all to enter into these services. They can and do save clients monthly processing fees when used as stated. I have witnessed this companies sales meetings and Iat no time did I ever witness any of Alpines Team leaders or trainers tell their rep's to lie to their customers - in fact, they encouraged good customer care and sound business practices. That said, I suspect that whoever posted here may be part to blame for having a negetive experience. If this is not the case, then it is most certainly an unfortunate mistake, not this companies intent to rip anyone off but rather to help businesses succeed. This company cares about their employees and their customers.

chechan Jan 29, 2011

whatever you say ONLOOKER, yeah don't lie, but deceive, don't stand by what u claim. ONLOOKER sounds like he wants a promotion from the company or probably is the boss

chechan Jan 29, 2011

by the way ONLOOKER, I'm not succeeding w/your atm machine, what can they do about it? read my earlier comments, i'm in the negative w/ your atm, not in the positive. obviously your company is not helping me succeed, rather helping me go bankrupt, thank you for your kind choice of words. but yeah, nobody helping me!!!

ScubaSky Jan 31, 2011

I am another victim of a sales scam to supposedly lower your processing rates. Looking back, I was stupid to believe the sales person who told me that he could save me a lot of money on my processing rates. I even brought up the high lease on the POS system for my restaurant. The sales person used statements like “I’ve never given anyone such a great rate.” “You are going to save so much money it will more than make up for the lease cost” Now I am stuck with a 4-year lease for 3-year processing contract at a overall rate that doubles what I was paying . Has anyone figured out how to get out of the lease/processing contract based on their deceptive sales practices?

ScubaSky Feb 01, 2011

I am another victim of (Alpine Payment Systems) a sales scam to supposedly lower your processing rates. Looking back, I was stupid to believe the sales person who told me that he could save me a lot of money on my processing rates. I even brought up the high lease on the POS system for my restaurant. The sales person used statements like “I’ve never given anyone such a great rate.” “You are going to save so much money it will more than make up for the lease cost” Now I am stuck with a 4-year lease for 3-year processing contract at a overall rate that doubles what I was paying . Has anyone figured out how to get out of the lease/processing contract based on their deceptive sales practices?

• Ap
    APS1 Feb 02, 2011

I apologize for the lengthy response, but I want to make it clear that our company is not out to take merchants money, nor are we out to put employees in positions where they are not able to create success for themselves. I am posting to offer my help to any customers in hopes that customers would know that we are here to help in any way that we can.
    I would like to discuss the word "can." If a customer agrees to the terms of a contract and signs the agreement, accepts delivery of the equipment, then uses the equipment, they are personally making that decision to move forward. Most agree to these terms based upon the savings or profit discussed with them at the meeting with the sales rep (either in person or by phone).
    With ATM's: The profit from the surcharge and the number of people coming into a business each day is what makes numerous customers of ours monthly profit. If for some reason this program is not proving profitable, our company CANNOT cancel the customers lease agreement with the leasing company that they agreed to, simply for lack of performance. What we CAN do is help these companies to market their ATM machine and draw in more traffic. We CAN do this by assisting in lowering the surcharge on the ATM and advertising this so that more people will use the machine. We CAN also advertise on the receipts from the ATM either for a neighboring business or as a way to create repeat business from customers. One customer we have advertises "bring in this receipt on your next visit for 1/2 off an entree." Another customer of ours posted ATM banners (that we supplied) in 3 different locations outside of their business so the passing traffic could see that they have an ATM. Both of these customers are now seeing profit after lease costs month after month.
    With Credit Card Processing: 0% pin based debit, if used and suggested helps merchants to save money. I have merchants who prompt their customers to use PIN debit on every transaction. Their monthly cost for credit card processing is extremely low, (example: 1.56% effective). However, if merchants do not prompt for PIN debit on every transaction, they do not see the savings that were discussed at the time of signing. My company CAN assist in training of ways to prompt for more PIN debit. My company CAN do an analysis of your processing fees to determine a way to save you more money each month.
    All you have to do is contact us. I am by no means requesting that you do all the work, but, since we do not see business names or contact numbers on this site, I have to ask that you contact us for assistance.
    Bottom line, if our company CAN we WILL.
    In regards to the people that have worked for our company, I am sorry that your tenure with the company did not last as long as you would have liked. All of the positions with our company, and really any sales driven company, are performance based. There are numerous employees currently with Alpine that meet quotas on a weekly and monthly basis and have been with the company for extended periods of time. If a company was to keep people that were not meeting performance quota, this company would not be succeeding and everyone who receives a paycheck would be out of work. That would mean all the peers you worked with who were doing well and meeting quota would be out of work too. This company on numerous occasions has employed candidates, who later left for school or other personal reasons, only to re-hire those people without question. Every person who was employed by Alpine in December, even if only for a week, was invited to the company Christmas party where the president covered the cost of meals, entertainment, and gifts for every child for every employee. I would challenge any employee or past employee of Alpine to look for another call center/sales company that is not performance based, that offers benefits to all of its employees, and gives the opportunity to each employee to advance through the company with hard work and performance.

• Ti
    Tiff Cat Feb 03, 2011

I have not actually gone with any of the services this company has to offer but we have had horrible phone interactions with sales reps. The girl lied on the phone to get me to answer her call even though I told her for about a week to stop calling. Once I confronted her over the phone that she lied, she began to yell at me over the phone, and when I asked to talk to her manager she outright refused to get them. If that is the way they treat future customers I will never go with there company, esp, after reading all of these complaints.

chechan Feb 04, 2011

these complaints don't lie. deception is there key to success, don't give them the time or day, nuff said

• Hi
    HIGH TURN OVER RATE Feb 15, 2011

Dont work for this company. Bottom line. Its true..they let 95% of their employees go. Ya it is because of performance, but who can perform well when they are trying to screw merchants out of thousands. The only way they will let you keep your job is if you sell the product. The only people that are safe there is the President and his daughter and son. They all suck.

• Tr
    True grit Mar 14, 2011

Horrible, horrible experience... I have given them until April 1st to redeem themselves. Being charged double of what I was promised and when April 1st comes about, they will be losing business drastically. I will end them so fast that everyone's cancellation fee will be non-existent in 6 months. If you are in the pdx area...respond to this and hopefully we can unite!

alpinepaymentsystemssucks Mar 18, 2011

alpinepaymentsystemssucks Mar 18, 2011

I will have a link back join section to website soon

• Ms
    MSguy Apr 21, 2011

APS is no different than any other ISO out there. High attrition rate among their staff, twice qualified leads, allegedly saving merchants tons of money based upon qualified rates only, equipment leases, six figure income with residuals etc. However, where they veer off track is the fact that the operation is owned and operated by former car salesmen. Their nationally recognized sales trainer was employed by Subaru America to train car salesman. So my advise is to not get excited about that fact in their employment ads online. That makes them the masters of the "gray area" and to do and say anything to close the deal. During my tenure with this organization I gave them fits because I never called them to "desk" the deals so that they could "club the merchant like a baby seal."

• Am
    amortgageangel Feb 14, 2012

I work for another Merchant Services company, and I know, you are thinking, "sour grapes"- she's going to bash another company- well, I don't do this EVER in person to anyone. WRONG! I have been in the financial services industry for over 27 years- I have worked for banks and for brokers and I have seen a LOT! Alpine has the WORST cancellation fee I have EVER seen- that is a fact. I have seen cancellation fees typically run from $250- $500 - Alpine wants the entire contract paid out- regardless. It makes no sense, if they are not performing on their contract, why would you still pay out the contract? And if you balk at this, they remind the merchant that they signed the contract. I sat with 2 different clients just to help them get a better deal- I didn't care if they got the deal with Alpine, or switched to me, seriously they were getting worse rates and fees than they had previously had- the leases doubled and they were stuck with the horrid cancellation- Alpine just said take them to court...well, binding arbitration. They didn't offer to help - they wrote they were going to do $475 worth of advertising at the time of approval- they have done NOTHING and they stated they aren't going to do anything differently for these clients. This is the type of service that gives those of us in the industry a bad name. I don't need to take people from a bad situation to a worse one to get clients, I need to help merchants to better their situation so that they will be happy and refer other clients to me. Alpine needs to learn that habit as well. It would make my life and the life of the other reps in our industry much better.

• Th
    thetruthfinder135 Apr 09, 2012

The truth about this company is simply this, it is ran by passionless carnivorous who's prey is helpless victims money and life's. It is very true that they CAN and CAN'T do certain things but the CAN'S and CAN'TS work in there favor, not the consumer's, and they know this! Let me start by introducing myself, my name is not important, what I do is however. I have lived in Vancouver, WA for quite sometime now. One thing that is special about this area is there is a large amount of “turn in burn” jobs. These are jobs that purposely only hire people for short periods of time so that they do not have to pay for benefits and to not have to pay for unemployment. These crooks are pulling in large amounts of profits from screwing over customers and there employee's and Alpine is no different. One thing that is a weakness for these company's is they pretty much will hire on anyone who applies so it is very easy to get on the inside and reveal there true face to the world. They will also pay you while you do it, most of the time. So I went in undercover to a large number of these company's for the last 3 year's of my life. One thing that I happen to have going for me is I am a very good salesman so I am naturally good at deceiving people, as well as these idiotic and greedy employers. I trick these companies into hiring me and fully revealing how there company works once I am legally able to and reveal the true company behind the mask. I did this to 5 dfferen't companies before I came across Alpine Payment Systems or Columbia Advance Group (both owned by the same guy). I have never seen a worse company before hand or since. Here is a breakdown of how the company works.

If your a customer or are thinking of becoming one:
    As a consumer I would defiantly question joining Alpine or Columbia Advance Group. If you want a good safe way to process credit cards join a bank and use theres. It may appear to cost more but in the end it saves you more money. When you go through Alpine you are just going through a middle man. They are not the main processor. When I was working there, they used Chase Payment Tech. Call Chase themselves skip to the main source. The problem with this industry is no one in the consumer side really understands it, so it makes it easier for the Car Salesman to make it appear like you are saving money on this in the end. I had a chance to be trained on all there products and contracts and lets just say before I read all the contracts I had 6 businesses that were owned by my family and after I read them I decided to not rip my family off. When you sign your name to Alpine your stuck with them for Years or you will face ridiculous cancelation fees if you try to cancel with them. I'm not going to tell you not to sign up with them, that is up to you. I have seen businesses save tremendously but that was because they were already being screwed over and Alpine just screws them over less. I am just saying make sure you are reading EVERYTHING on your contract. The closing reps are trained to steer you away from all the fine print, (literally). Just make sure you are a smart businessman and be the one in control and don't let them screw you because they will if you give them a chance.

Now below is for Employee's of Alpine and Columbia Advance Group:

Description of how Alpine Payment Systems works:
    They put together a group of commission only closing sales men to go out to large cities for weeks at a time to go to appointments set by a call center of Appt. Setter's who work for near min wage and in order to keep there jobs, have to get 3 apt a day and 3-5 closing sales a month. If it sounds easy I can assure you it's not. All these people know is very few facts and details so the trained salesman can doop the customer into signing there contract that modify almost any way they want to. The real way to keep your job is to have one outstanding month and then milk it till they fire you, because if you keep trying to hit that goal it will drive you crazy and you will lose your job and your sanity, I saw it happen to many people. In the 3 months I was there I saw at least 50 people come and go. If make a lot of deals in a month, you will be on there good side for at least another month or two, so they will give you little more warnings before they can you. While I worked there, I almost got fired 3 times but I always kept my job because there biggest weakness is Greed. I made then over $10, 000 in a month so they just could not fire me in the hope I would do that again for them (Not for what they pay me though lol). They believed they fired me in the end but I actually “quit” long before. I did just enough to keep the job. The funny thing is when I truly gave up and was just waiting for them to fire me they actually gave me a dollar an hour raise and moved me to there other company which is in the same complex called Columbia Advanced Group. These people really got dooped lol.

Columbia Advanced Group:
    What this company does is hire on people to sell there products directly over the phone to small cities that they cannot send reps to. This is where the true dark side of company comes out. This is where I found out these people truly do not have a heart, well most of them anyways. I witnessed many times people sign leases for an ATM from a BS story that we have truck coming through your area with ATM's on it and would like to set one up at “No Cost to You” we give you a BS quote on your profit you bring in with statistics that are far over exaggerated and have you sign a lease for the atm where in the end you spend about 50x what it is worth. Also we sell them to businesses that have absolutely no use for them. I could not continue with this job after one month because I just am not motivated by Greed like the owners of this buisness.

I hope this helps you all out. I hope this can save you from making the worst mistake of your life.

Best Regards,
    (No Name)

P.S. - Emily you can call me anytime I am know you wanted to, your pretty smart I'm sure you can figure out who this is.

Samig Oct 02, 2012

The sales person was here today, and I told him let me to do my homework, and I will call. when I saw all remarks regards to this company, I'm cancelling the appointment., and Thanks to eveyone to put their experience.

• Mo
    moretalentinmypinky Nov 01, 2012

After meeting with with this company about employment I thought I would get on-line and see what the Internet had to say about Alpine Payment Systems. Needless to say I was shocked to see so much negativity about such a small company. I did not trust my gut and took the job anyway. This is what I found out. The reviews on here are not just a bunch of bitter ex employees but rather fellow Americans that were let down by this company and do NOT want this to happen to you. Based on what I have seen I believe that everything I have read about this company is true except for the responses from Alpine. I feel bad for all the employees that had to cross paths with this company but even worse for the business owners who are duped into trusting this company and will have to learn their lesson the hard way. Do Some research. When the Internet made it impossible to rip people off all day in the auto business, Robert Ensminger and his circle of car salesmen friends decided to take their shiesty sales tactics and find a new industry to satisfy his greed. 90% of upper management is Family or Business partners very corrupt with favoritism. Rude and egotistical due to their untouchable position. Not just to employees but to each other. Not a healthy work environment for anyone. As for the business owners who are getting 3 - 4 calls a day..sorry about your luck. They will continue to call you because if they take you off the list then they will have nobody to call. What some of the business owners have been doing to get back at them is setting up an appointment with them just to waste their time and resources. Sales guys will quit over this. Appointment setters will get fired over this. Truly your best option to fight the calls. Its funny watching this company battle through all the problems it creates for itself like one big dysfunctional family. Thanks for the laughs!

Not Applicable666 Apr 24, 2015

Ex ValTek (APS) employee here. One GREAT way to piss off the telemarketers or Account Advisor is to sound interested then say "oh I have a customer, hold on" and leave them on hold as long as possible... 1-2 minutes is what Emily will let you get away with. And or wait till Sherice or Nicole (the closers) get on the line and hang up.