Acute health pty ltdnot a reputable company

false promises to clients and staff. This company is run by a person called Paul Tempany who provides first aid services and training to the public. The company states they can carry drugs for treatment of patients at our events, though they do not have a drug license. This is why I will always ask for a copy of a drug license from any future first aid provider. Also we had first aid training provided and took forever to receive our certificates. Close to 8 months later. We had our courses cancelled at last moment or some lame excuse why the first aid trainer did not attend. I was also asked to contact a staff member about and issue and found out that the member never worked nor existed. The first aid crew that attended our event also lacked the adequate training and one didn't have even a first aid qualification and stated they where there to help out a friend on the job. To which the other staff member was talking and was mentioned that they had not been paid in months for their time they had done. This was poor management and not a reputable company as I have found out from others who have also used their Event First Aid services. Great if you only need a band-aid, though I am better off with St John Ambulance first aid.

• Da
    Daics Mar 26, 2018

I had the 'pleasure' of dealing with Paul when his organisation provided First Aid training for students as part of a
    Secondary School program. He and some other trainers came to the school and did some training, then didn't provide any certification or follow up. He was pretty much uncontactable for long periods- took the money and ran, then came up with endless excuses as to why he couldn't provide certificates- approx $ 3, 000 later I passed this to the Ed. Dept. legal team. I am not sure what happened but felt like they didn't have the desire to take action for some reason.
    I have never dealt with a shonk like this before, so childish- excuses, aggression. What a shameful person - these were state school students who forked out hard earned money for training and certificates. Never met anyone lower in my life.

nobody12334 Mar 27, 2018

@Daics I think you should consider referring the matter to the Police ! Paul has done this before and an argument could be made that he never intended to supply the course certificates.

• Un
    unpaid worker Nov 07, 2017

After a 2 year investigation, the Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) has initiated legal action against Paul Tempany and Acute Health. However, despite the website boasting of 'State Offices' in NSW, QLD and the ACT and a 'National Head Office' in VIC, Acute Health has no physical address or direct contact number. Does the 1300 number still connect you to an answering service in New Zealand?

Paul Tempany / Acute Health's ABN registration details are out of date, with a Flemington PO box listed as the address for 'Service of documents'. I've been attempting to find Paul and assist the FWO serve relevant court documents. It'll come as no surprise that Paul has been evicted from numerous rented offices for non-payment of rent. This includes his current 'principal place of business' identified by the ASIC ABN register as Suite 4, 70 Racecourse Rd, North Melbourne. Whilst the FWO has made an application for substituted service prior to a November 2017 court date, Paul is yet to be found.

Acute Health has an online booking system called AHTEMMS which allows staff (if there's any left!!) to sign on (or volunteer as payments is rare!) for upcoming event work. If anyone has access to this system and can provide any details of events that Acute Health is due to attend, please pass this information onto the FWO. Alternatively, post the details here and I'll pass it on. I'm hoping the FWO will be able to serve documents at an event.

Seriously, if you're planning on working for or employing Acute Health, spend 10 minutes looking at the website. Ask yourself how you'll contact the company if things go wrong (which they will). Seriously dodgy operator and company. As other people on this thread have suggested, Paul is slightly mad! I'm not leaving my name, but contact the FWO if you've got any concerns or want to verify anything that has been said.

• Ls
    LSkinner Nov 29, 2017

@unpaid worker Hello
    I too an taking legal action against Paul Tempany and Acute Health for non payment of wages. I am having similar problems locating him to serve papers. I have a pending case against him/the company in the Magistrates Court of Victoria.
    Can you please contact me on [email protected] and we can information share?
    Many thanks!

• Sm
    SMD29 Aug 24, 2017

Totally agree with all the above comments. This bloke is the biggest loser ever you could possibly work for. Never pays on time, if at all. Doesn't provide adequate documentation. Always makes excuses for his mistakes and incompetence. Seriously unprofessional. Don't waste your time with this idiot

• Bm
    BMS7777 Apr 11, 2017

Do not work for this scam of a company! I haven't been paid in 2 months and no calls and emails are returned. Owner Paul Tempany is rude and passive and does not display what a professional business owner is meant to. Absolute scam artist and con!

• Mi
    Michael Kempe Dec 07, 2016

The guy is a complete crook.

Still having on going fair work disputes years after xeasing work for Paul Tempany the guys a narcissistic predator exploiting poor healthcare students again and again and again. I do not know anyone who has not had the same experience.

He flew me to Sydney to cover some work there as he needed someone reliable as previous staff kept being asked to not come back due to incompetence then left me stranded without accomodation. Because he was off getting drunk at a wedding. I had to sleep in a macdonalds while waiting my flight which was something like 10 hours so later. When I got to the airport the ticket I had was under his name so I had to pretend I was him just to get home then never got paid for it amongst many many other issues

• Bm
    BMS7777 Apr 11, 2017

@Michael Kempe Absolute con artist! Haven't been paid in 2 months

• St
    Stevenforrest Oct 03, 2016

Extremely dodgy company. The owner is unprofessional and childish.

• Go
    gosef Jan 25, 2016

Attended an interview with Paul Tempany who did not seem to possess any qualifications. He has a very unprofessional demeanour.