Vulgar managmet

Until about 2 weeks ago my minor child was employed at a location in Plano Texas. This location is owned by dennis clark.There is an employee at this location in management "she is a crew leader" she believes it is ok as she sees this behavior from her manager to yell, scream, and cuss at the associates under her. When my son informed me of this behavior I approached the ast manager and asked him to please inform the crew leader in question this behavior was not acceptable. The result the behavior grew worse. Since the store manager was on vacation we contacted the dm. We had a meeting with the dm who informed us the crew leader admitted her behavior and was told that behavior was not to continue.

The next day my son was written up twice for things that 2 weeks before by the very crew leader he complained about. When the manager returned he was fired. I have tried on numerous occasions to speak with someone higher up the chain but Dennis Clark refuses to return my call. But wait it gets better. I went to pick up my sons check .When the manager handed me the check asked her to please let her crew leader know that coming to my job and telling lies about me to management would not do her any good and to please ask her to stop "she was there in sonic uniform" The manager "I have no control over her". I informer her I would be filing complaints against her, the crew leader and sonic corp with the eeoc and the labor board. As i walked to my car "by the way i have this recorded" she turned to an elderly couple and said "I fireedf her son he had 3 write ups when I got back what was I supposed to do?" She had no right to tell anyone about that. And by thew way the crew leader who yells screams and cusses and admits her behavior to the dm still has a job. So beware people this is how sonic drive in treats its employees.

I want to speak to the owner of this location.

Customer service number 1-866-657-6642

Or 405-225-5300
Complaint comments Comments (11) Complaint country United States Complaint category Restaurants & Bars
Was the above complaint useful?

5th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
Basically the same thing happen to my minor child in at the London, KY Sonic North Store.
 15th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
I am a member of pogo.com i have been trying to play texas holden all day i have had all my tokens taken and have been elimated in every game today due to the flaws in the game. I have lost 60000 to 70000 tokens from my account for no reason and i am very upset, other people on pogo are having the same trouble.
 25th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
I've owned 5 fast food franchises and unfortunately, some instances of cussing will occur. Having "mommy" go to your job to talk to your manager isn't the way to handle the situation. If you are old enough to work, then you are old enough to attempt to resolve the situation yourself. The employee should have asked to discuss the issue with the manager themselves. If they do not like the results they can then either go to the DM themselves, file a complaint or simply resign. I'm sure they could find another job comparable with their position at Sonic easily. There are many fast food franchises in the area looking for entry level employment. Anyway mom, your kids are hearing a lot more cussing at school and after school with their friends then they are at Sonic. Let them work out their own problems or they won't be ready to stand up for themselves when they need to.
 2nd of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes
I am sorry about what happened to your son. It was obviously unfair and very unprofessional. But please understand that just because that sonic is like that, doesn't mean all are. My husband is a managing partner in Florida and his employee relationships are very important at his store and his partners stores.
 30th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
i rescently had a run-in with an employee regarding me smoking cigarettes on the padio. I was not completely aware of the ordinance regarding such but there was no info posted anywhere except a no-smoking sign the ended up pointing out to me. an employee began yelling at me when i questioned his demands and he ended up personally insulting me. the manager wasn't any better either. so im fixing to complain but im not exactly sure where or who to complain to.
 31st of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
 8th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
i am a current employee at sonic every since i was 16 i was a manager and had to move i move into a town in ky. and started to carhop as i had manager skills i know what people are doing when they recall tickets i myself never done it but i have cought people doing it what they do is have the carhop scan the order take it out and the customers complain they usually get free food the manager waits til the carhop counts down and leave then recalls ticket and while still having the carhops money cancels the ticket and takes money every sonic i have worked at has done this i really hate it i just dont know who else i should tell especially when the general managers doing it. what else i just got off work not to long ago when earlier i made over 60$ i know i did in tips i usually keep it seperate we had a complaint on a 30$ order well the customer didnt pay the ticket wasnt cancelled and i had to pay that out of my tips which brought me to interest that the managers is pocketing what money i made out of hard work.
 11th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
Looks to me like this is happening in ALL of the Sonics. In Sherman, Texas, at the Town Center location, they allowed a 17 year old girl still in high school to become an assistant manager and turned over the evening shift to her. Since then, the problems have escalated. I have three adult children working at this location, and two of them on this particular shift. This girl is black, and has begun making comments about how she hates whites, and that there should be more "N"s there, and has begun an all out attack on my kids. She yells, screams, cusses and gets in their faces on a daily basis. She has recruited one of the cooks at night (a young black boy) to join her in her abuse. They have called my daughter a "ho" and a "b***h", among other vulgar words. She gives away food on a nightly basis, and pockets the money from other food orders that come in. When the matter was brought to the attention of one of the co-owners, he called the ones making the complaints liars, and took the other girl's side. What does it take to get Sonic corporation to get a grip on their franchises, and make sure they are run the way a professional corporation should be run? The situation in Sherman is going to come down to a white/black riot if something is not done. Even the threat of a lawsuit does nothing to wake these idiots up!
 4th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
The franchise owned by Dennis Clark has a history of rewarding bad behavior. I have personal knowledge of managers who have been re-hired after they were dismissed for theft and for sexual harrassment. It is a running joke among the managers that the only way to get fired is to "kill someone" but that you would probably get re-hired soon anyway. There are some good store managers but they don't usually stay around for long because they can't stand the negative environment.
 6th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
Just recently I was informed that sonic was going to stop selling popcorn chicken. I believe this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I am a former employee of sonic in Plano, TX and I know firsthand how much popcorn chicken they sell. For them to even consider getting rid of their popcorn chicken is ridiculous. I think someone needs to step in and stop this from happening. I believe that if enough people agree to this then they will keep the popcorn chicken. So if you are a popcorn chicken love like I am the stand up and let your voice be heard. Denis clack will not take our popcorn chicken from us!!!
 13th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
hacked off... i would go down there and tell that little bitch off!!! especially if she was messing with my kids id shut that whole mother f-ing place down and tell that little ho to pick a corner and start making me some money!!!

Sonic Drive-In Logo Sonic Drive-In