logo

Sonic Contacts & Informations

Sonic

Posted:    margie

Vulgar managmet

Until about 2 weeks ago my minor child was employed at a location in Plano Texas. This location is owned by dennis clark.There is an employee at this location in management "she is a crew leader" she believes it is ok as she sees this behavior from her manager to yell, scream, and cuss at the associates under her. When my son informed me of this behavior I approached the ast manager and asked him to please inform the crew leader in question this behavior was not acceptable. The result the behavior grew worse. Since the store manager was on vacation we contacted the dm. We had a meeting with the dm who informed us the crew leader admitted her behavior and was told that behavior was not to continue.

The next day my son was written up twice for things that 2 weeks before by the very crew leader he complained about. When the manager returned he was fired. I have tried on numerous occasions to speak with someone higher up the chain but Dennis Clark refuses to return my call. But wait it gets better. I went to pick up my sons check .When the manager handed me the check asked her to please let her crew leader know that coming to my job and telling lies about me to management would not do her any good and to please ask her to stop "she was there in sonic uniform" The manager "I have no control over her". I informer her I would be filing complaints against her, the crew leader and sonic corp with the eeoc and the labor board. As i walked to my car "by the way i have this recorded" she turned to an elderly couple and said "I fireedf her son he had 3 write ups when I got back what was I supposed to do?" She had no right to tell anyone about that. And by thew way the crew leader who yells screams and cusses and admits her behavior to the dm still has a job. So beware people this is how sonic drive in treats its employees.

I want to speak to the owner of this location.

Customer service number 1-866-657-6642

Or 405-225-5300
Comments United States Restaurants & Bars
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jul, 2007 by   Marie Smith 0 Votes
Basically the same thing happen to my minor child in at the London, KY Sonic North Store.
 11th of Jan, 2009 by   Hacked off in Texas 0 Votes
Looks to me like this is happening in ALL of the Sonics. In Sherman, Texas, at the Town Center location, they allowed a 17 year old girl still in high school to become an assistant manager and turned over the evening shift to her. Since then, the problems have escalated. I have three adult children working at this location, and two of them on this particular shift. This girl is black, and has begun making comments about how she hates whites, and that there should be more "N"s there, and has begun an all out attack on my kids. She yells, screams, cusses and gets in their faces on a daily basis. She has recruited one of the cooks at night (a young black boy) to join her in her abuse. They have called my daughter a "ho" and a "b***h", among other vulgar words. She gives away food on a nightly basis, and pockets the money from other food orders that come in. When the matter was brought to the attention of one of the co-owners, he called the ones making the complaints liars, and took the other girl's side. What does it take to get Sonic corporation to get a grip on their franchises, and make sure they are run the way a professional corporation should be run? The situation in Sherman is going to come down to a white/black riot if something is not done. Even the threat of a lawsuit does nothing to wake these idiots up!
 4th of Aug, 2010 by   TexasSuzie 0 Votes
The franchise owned by Dennis Clark has a history of rewarding bad behavior. I have personal knowledge of managers who have been re-hired after they were dismissed for theft and for sexual harrassment. It is a running joke among the managers that the only way to get fired is to "kill someone" but that you would probably get re-hired soon anyway. There are some good store managers but they don't usually stay around for long because they can't stand the negative environment.
 6th of May, 2011 by   Popcorn chicken lover 0 Votes
Just recently I was informed that sonic was going to stop selling popcorn chicken. I believe this is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I am a former employee of sonic in Plano, TX and I know firsthand how much popcorn chicken they sell. For them to even consider getting rid of their popcorn chicken is ridiculous. I think someone needs to step in and stop this from happening. I believe that if enough people agree to this then they will keep the popcorn chicken. So if you are a popcorn chicken love like I am the stand up and let your voice be heard. Denis clack will not take our popcorn chicken from us!!!
 13th of May, 2011 by   srchng4care 0 Votes
hacked off... i would go down there and tell that little bitch off!!! especially if she was messing with my kids id shut that whole mother f-ing place down and tell that little ho to pick a corner and start making me some money!!!

Top 10 Mistakes in a Consumer Bankrupcty Case